Castlevania:Lords of Shadow(360) $4.99 Fry's Clearance YMMV

Donnums

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
I just bought a copy for my brother at the Campbell store - no idea if other stores offer the same price, but other stores may price match. It was in a shopping cart full of other clearance items(such as Top Spin 3(DS) for $2.99, Disney Sing It for $7.xx, and and Truth or Dare(PS3) for $4.xx) in front of the PSP playable display. I believe there were roughly 6 copies left! I did not check the normal stock shelves and I did not see any PS3 versions at all.

The price seemed to have just been reduced today; I was there Friday and it was at $9.99.

I bought it last year and I loved it. I got about 15-18 hours out of it - the ending was pretty awesome. It gets a lot of hate for not being a "traditional" CV game, but it borrowed a lot and did well(i.e. Titan fights similar to Shadow of the Colossus, God of War style chain whips, Onimusha soul absorption etc). Not to mention the environments have one of the most spectacular art styles.

Photo in spoiler!
i6yw48.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Donnums']such as Top Skin 3(DS) for $2.99[/QUOTE]

:censored::shock:

OP: Do us all a favor if you can. Go back there tomorrow, buy EVERY copy of Castlevania LoS they have left, and sell them to CAGs for ~$9 shipped. I haven't gotten too far into it yet, but it's such a great game at an undeservedly low price. If I saw them for $5, I would buy them out as presents for everyone I know that has a 360.

[quote name='Kerig']:censored::shock:

OP: Do us all a favor if you can. Go back there tomorrow, buy EVERY copy of Castlevania LoS they have left, and sell them to CAGs for ~$9 shipped. I haven't gotten too far in it, but it's such a great game at an undeservedly low price.[/QUOTE]

I'm in!

OP: Do us all a favor if you can. Go back there tomorrow, buy EVERY copy of Castlevania LoS they have left, and sell them to CAGs for ~$9 shipped. I haven't gotten too far into it yet, but it's such a great game at an undeservedly low price. If I saw them for $5, I would buy them out as presents for everyone I know that has a 360.[/QUOTE]

Whooooooooops, edited!

I thought about purchasing a few more, but I figured I'd let some CAGs try to get a copy. I'll look into possibly doing that tomorrow though - this game got a shit rap, but I think it's horribly underrated. It picks up really well after the 4th or 5th chapter. Patric Stewart narrates the opening to every level and he also plays one of the companion characters - it adds an extra level of badass to the game.

OP: Do us all a favor if you can. Go back there tomorrow, buy EVERY copy of Castlevania LoS they have left, and sell them to CAGs for ~$9 shipped. I haven't gotten too far into it yet, but it's such a great game at an undeservedly low price. If I saw them for $5, I would buy them out as presents for everyone I know that has a 360.[/QUOTE]

Whoooops, edited!

I thought about buying a few copies, but I figured I'd let some CAGs try to get in on the deal. The game got a shit rap, but I think it's terribly underrated. It picks up really well after the 4th and 5th chapter and Patric Stewart plays a character and narrates the opening to every level.

This should have a code for Castlevania SOTN in it if it is indeed new so since that itself sells for 10 bucks on xbox then might as well

only best buy copies had the sotn code.

[quote name='dmdragon']This should have a code for Castlevania SOTN in it if it is indeed new so since that itself sells for 10 bucks on xbox then might as well[/QUOTE]

[quote name='BigSpoonyBard']If anyone snags an extra copy, I'd be happy to take it off your hands. I don't have a Fry's near me, so it'd be much appreciated.[/QUOTE]

I was just about to say the same. I'd love to buy a copy off of someone at $5 and pay shipping.

[quote name='Mikerrrr']I was just about to say the same. I'd love to buy a copy off of someone at $5 and pay shipping.[/QUOTE]

As would I. I rented it awhile back from GameFly and did everything there was to do in it, but for that cheap I'd hold onto it in case the DLC ever went on sale. Great game, fantastic price.

went in this morning and there were 3 left. i bought 2 of them. there was a tron ce 360 for 29.99 as well.. and then i saw yakuza 3 on clearance....................for 29.99 =/

ps someone move this to the regional deals thread

[quote name='technicalstylez']went in this morning and there were 3 left. i bought 2 of them. there was a tron ce 360 for 29.99 as well.. and then i saw yakuza 3 on clearance....................for 29.99 =/

ps someone move this to the regional deals thread[/QUOTE]Why, has this been confirmed as ymmv and only relevant to one store?

Clearance stuff in carts is extremely YMMV. There was a few nice bits at the Burbank store recently but you really had to dig through the assorted Guitar Franchise and other debris titles.

I know people might think less of me but I've decided to give this game a rest for a while. The gameplay is fun but it's just too gruesome for me and it's actually giving me nightmares.

Cue the 12 year old girl taunts. :p

[quote name='battra92']I know people might think less of me but I've decided to give this game a rest for a while. The gameplay is fun but it's just too gruesome for me and it's actually giving me nightmares.

Cue the 12 year old girl taunts. :p[/QUOTE]

No teasing from me, although Castlevania series often empowered me to beat zombies, lycans, vampires and even death!

Amnesia on the other hand...RUN! HIDE! OH NO! OH NO! (I'd avoid that one for a bit if I were you...)

I've made comments in other post for the game at $19.99 and $14.99 about how it was a steal. This is great price. If you have a 360 and can't play God of War this is a great substitute and high class game.

Such an awesome game that does not deserve to fall in the 5 dollar "mediocre budget title" range. This game should definitely still be in the, at least, 20 dollar range. Lords of Shadow is my all-time favorite Castlevania game that I paid full price for and in my top 5 games of this generation. You will not be disappointed if you buy this, especially at 5 dollars. I only hope a sequel will be made as this was definitely left open for one.

bread's done
Back