Castlevania: Lords of Shadow Limited Edition - Xbox 360 29.99

Dont want the 360 version cause it has 2 disks. Not a buy deal persay buy the lees disks the better. If one of them break then you have to buy the while game again and that sucks. The price is good though

how do you break games? anyway if the game only had one disc and you broke that you would still have to buy the whole game again. i guess your logic is since there are 2 discs that doubles the chance you will break one? I think i've screwed up one game in my whole life and that was from tilting an x360 too much while it was running.

[quote name='tcleary']how do you break games? anyway if the game only had one disc and you broke that you would still have to buy the whole game again. i guess your logic is since there are 2 discs that doubles the chance you will break one? I think i've screwed up one game in my whole life and that was from tilting an x360 too much while it was running.[/QUOTE]

Then again if you break one of two discs you can still play half the game, not so if only one disc. Score 1 for Micro$oft, lol

[quote name='tcleary']how do you break games? anyway if the game only had one disc and you broke that you would still have to buy the whole game again. i guess your logic is since there are 2 discs that doubles the chance you will break one? I think i've screwed up one game in my whole life and that was from tilting an x360 too much while it was running.[/QUOTE]

Oh boy Thats 360 homecare rule number 1, never move it while its in use cause the disk will be destroyed. I just like the durability of the blu-ray disk more, that thing needs a meat cleaver to scratch it and all the data is on one nice disk with no audio or video compression.

The second disc doesn't come along until (surprise) about halfway though the game, before that it sits in the case. My copy, anyway. I didn't mind one disc swap throughout, I bought the game the other week and just finished it yesterday. Great game..

So this is another outlet center deal, from what I understand it won't be this price in store and YMMV for them to price match it?

one of the best games i played! i personally think this game is better than GOW3 overall. but that is just me.

[quote name='CAG Muroso']one of the best games i played! i personally think this game is better than GOW3 overall. but that is just me.[/QUOTE]

I enjoyed this more than GOW3, as well. I guess maybe cause it was more subdued and less IN YOUR FACE all the time.

[quote name='CAG Muroso']one of the best games i played! i personally think this game is better than GOW3 overall. but that is just me.[/QUOTE]

I concur. Better than GOW3. And the ending is sick! One of the best endings to a videogame ever!

I just love their free shipping plus my $5 cert. THANKS TC :bouncy:

1 Castlevania: Lords of Shadow Limited Edition - Xbox 360 SKU: 1263049
Reward Certificates
9631199039 $5.00 10/22/2011

Promotional Codes
N/A
Paid with PayPal
Product Total: $29.99
Shipping: FREE :lol:
Reward Certificates -$5.00
Sales Tax: $1.50
Order Total (charged to PayPal): $26.49

COMPLETE WIN THANKS AGAIN

Been wanting the game for a long, long, time...

I've always wanted the CE but the price was too much at release (and its been a slow drop (at times) sense.
Anyhow, I really don't mind two discs. (Hell, I got LA Noire on the 360 over the PS3) cause I simply don't care... but I keep hearing that “This is the one you will care about” as you end up swapping discs allot as you backtrack...

True? And if so how many swaps?

Also, hows the DLC? (MS points go on sale much, much, more often that PSN cards.)

[quote name='Strider Turbulence']Swapping discs really isn't a problem imo, but I grew up playing PC games that had 4-6 discs and required lots of backtracking.[/QUOTE]
Would you by any chance be referring to Myst?

Don't forget the Best Buy version of the limited edition includes the exclusive Symphany of Night downloadable game code.

[quote name='chunlirocks']I just love their free shipping plus my $5 cert. THANKS TC :bouncy:

1 Castlevania: Lords of Shadow Limited Edition - Xbox 360 SKU: 1263049
Reward Certificates
9631199039 $5.00 10/22/2011

Promotional Codes
N/A
Paid with PayPal
Product Total: $29.99
Shipping: FREE :lol:
Reward Certificates -$5.00
Sales Tax: $1.50
Order Total (charged to PayPal): $26.49

COMPLETE WIN THANKS AGAIN[/QUOTE]

How'd you get free shipping??

Really getting tired of the "Ship To Store" - then "Unavailable" after clicking. How the F is it "Unavailable" to ship to the store? Do the trucks somehow explode if they are carrying an item from the Outlet Center to a B&M location?

If it's not available, why does it even pop up as an option?

This web site makes people want to buy things. I don't know too much about Castlevania, but this is such a great deal that it is very tempting....

i bit on this...had $30ish left on a GC, got the free shipping and no tax...own the vanilla LoS for ps3, so gona swap that in with something on the 2 for $50 list, so no real loss in the long run

in for one. Thanks OP

used an old GC that had like $28 so ended up getting this for like 5 bucks. Hope it still comes with a code for SOTN. That'd be awesome

Thanks OP! I've been waiting for this game to drop and being able to snag the LE was something I couldn't resist at this price. Thanks to chunlirocks for the free shipping code! Total was $32.24 :)

agree 100%. This game is pretty epic IMO. GOW3 was good, but it was too short. This game took me forever to play and the changing environments and characters you encounter make it hold up well as it never comes off as repetitive. Great game.

Got in on this even though Digital Foundry says the PS3 version has the slight edge and I dislike swapping discs. I can return it to the store if I have BR.

[quote name='jbz']agree 100%. This game is pretty epic IMO. GOW3 was good, but it was too short. This game took me forever to play and the changing environments and characters you encounter make it hold up well as it never comes off as repetitive. Great game.[/QUOTE]

I agree. I also like the monster designs here. And the atmosphere in this game is pretty good too.

Technically amazing, with quite good polish all around, but the base combat just... isn't right. Was definitely the best game that's disappointed me in a while and probably worth playing, it still was one I was happy to see the end credits of.

Well, apart from that lousy twist at the end. What a way to ruin an otherwise good ending.

Not much of a LE in terms of content.

I see its only the fatties that complain about disk swapping. Get your ass off the couch!

for the complete ending, finish the 2 DLCs :)

[quote name='RollingSkull']Technically amazing, with quite good polish all around, but the base combat just... isn't right. Was definitely the best game that's disappointed me in a while and probably worth playing, it still was one I was happy to see the end credits of.

Well, apart from that lousy twist at the end. What a way to ruin an otherwise good ending.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='yesokyesok']Not much of a LE in terms of content.

I see its only the fatties that complain about disk swapping. Get your ass off the couch![/QUOTE]

Its not about lazyness but convenience. Plus with the game on one blu-ray disk you get uncompressd audio and video which is great

This game is pretty hard. Most Castlevania games weren't made to be easy before anyways. The soundtrack to this game has an epic tone to it. Music is an A+ for me.

[quote name='Donut2922']This game is pretty hard. Most Castlevania games weren't made to be easy before anyways. The soundtrack to this game has an epic tone to it. Music is an A+ for me.[/QUOTE]

This game was easy. What part of the game was even remotely hard?

If you only have 360 then grab it. If you have a choice though, I would wait for the PS3 version. Besides the two disks, the 360 version also suffers from more frequent frame rate drops, but nothing that would make the game unplayable.

[quote name='mossman43']If you only have 360 then grab it. If you have a choice though, I would wait for the PS3 version. Besides the two disks, the 360 version also suffers from more frequent frame rate drops, but nothing that would make the game unplayable.[/QUOTE]

I never noticed any frame rate drops. Where are they supposed to be?

I think the PS3 version also had some bad bug in it that would ruin your save and lose all your progress.

[quote name='jbz']I think the PS3 version also had some bad bug in it that would ruin your save and lose all your progress.[/QUOTE]

And gave you ball cancer.

[quote name='Ray5555']I never noticed any frame rate drops. Where are they supposed to be?[/QUOTE]

When there are enemies on the screen and also during boss battles.

bread's done
Back