Castlevania: Lords of Shadow (PS3) Limited Edition - $29.99 @ Best Buy B&M YMMV

hle078

CAGiversary!
I was at best buy just browsing and saw the Limited Edition of Castlevania: Lords of Shadow game for $29.99. not sure if it was a price mistake or clearance, but the regular version was like $49.99. The LE comes with an Art Book (30-40 pages), Sound Track (18-20 Tracks), and special packaging.

Guessing it might be clearance, because I don't see the Limited Edition for PS3 on their website. The Best Buy I went to is located in Elkridge, MD.

[quote name='hle078']Guessing it might be clearance, because I don't see the Limited Edition for PS3 on their website. The Best Buy I went to is located in Elkridge, MD.[/QUOTE]I'm still kicking myself for not getting it when Amazon had it for 35 bucks a few weeks (month?) back.

Its price is just going up and up... :cry:

Maybe I'll try my local stores again (haven't looked for this particularly) but they usually just have everything overpriced and overcooked.

(I saw Two Worlds Collector's Edition last time I was in for like 49.99... :roll: )

[quote name='hle078']I was at best buy just browsing and saw the Limited Edition of Castlevania: Lords of Shadow game for $29.99. not sure if it was a price mistake or clearance, but the regular version was like $49.99. The LE comes with an Art Book (30-40 pages), Sound Track (18-20 Tracks), and special packaging.

Guessing it might be clearance, because I don't see the Limited Edition for PS3 on their website. The Best Buy I went to is located in Elkridge, MD.[/QUOTE]

Did you see anymore? I am very close to that location..

[quote name='zmarselle']Did you see anymore? I am very close to that location..[/QUOTE]

there were like 2 more copies left when i was there about 2 hours ago.

[quote name='PimpBot2000']Does the Best Buy Castlevania LoS LE come with the SotN voucher like the regular edition?[/QUOTE]

When I saw the Xbox version of the LE awhile back it did come with the SotN voucher. Can't say about the PS3 version since I've never seen LoS LE on PS3 at BB before.

My store was OOS for the PS3 version. They had three copies of the 360 version but all were scanned in at $59.99. Nice find though

I just saw this game the other day at my local KMart. I was tempted to purchase it, but it was showing at $79.99. Am I remembering correctly that it was clearanced one time at KMart as well?

I was just at a BB today in Wesley Chapel, FL and can confirm the $30 price. Two left at that location. Standard sticker price, so i doubt it is YMMV. Looks national.

EDIT: this was PS3, didnt check 360

Last edited by a moderator:
Damn.....no one has this in stock around me. Wonder if I can order online and then get them to adjust the price when I pick it up in store?????

Saw one at my BestBuy today, PS3 was 29.99 and X360 was still 59.99. Decided to pass because it seems like such a lackluster CE.

[quote name='snatcher33']Damn.....no one has this in stock around me. Wonder if I can order online and then get them to adjust the price when I pick it up in store?????[/QUOTE]

I've always wondered if that is how store pick-up works.... however I think the answer is no

[quote name='sharpeone']I just saw this game the other day at my local KMart. I was tempted to purchase it, but it was showing at $79.99. Am I remembering correctly that it was clearanced one time at KMart as well?[/QUOTE]

I bought one on the last round of clearance In February. The PS3 version was $29.99, but the 360 version stayed retail price. Josh later said that having the LE clearanced was a mistake so I don't know if they changed it back.

[quote name='davczar']I bought one on the last round of clearance In February. The PS3 version was $29.99, but the 360 version stayed retail price. Josh later said that having the LE clearanced was a mistake so I don't know if they changed it back.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I didn't think I was crazy. Any idea where that thread is located? I've searched several times to no avail.

I stopped by today to see if it was clearanced. They had both the 360 and PS3 version there, but no one was even close to the electronics department. I guess I will try on Tuesday when I pick up Dirt.

At K-mart, only the PS3 version was clearanced out. From the sound of it, it was a mistake that Josh & Co decided not to fix since there were so few copies in circulation.

There are a few of these and two copies of Assassins Creed Brotherhood CE(PS3). However I think they're still full price. =[

yay for me! I purchased a LE copy of LOS at my local Kmart awhile back, never even opened it, I have a big backlog!!!

[quote name='joeyshadows']There are a few of these and two copies of Assassins Creed Brotherhood CE(PS3). However I think they're still full price. =[[/QUOTE]

Where?

I love Castlevania but the only reason I still own it is because I'm still waiting on the last dlc but I will gradly trade it for NFS: Hot pursuit need a sale on that game

Well, the PS3 version of Castlevania LOS LE at KMart is still clearanced priced at $29.99. Was able to pick up a copy today with Dirt 3. The 360 version was ringing up as $59.99.

Checked RSS for north jersey best buy's and none available...0 across the board but every store was at $29.99 price.

Unfortunately the LE is prety damn lackluster, the only part that interests me is the cover artwork since its drawn instead of that generic "CG model of main character" I despise so much. Still waiting for $20 on the regular.

[quote name='sharpeone']I just saw this game the other day at my local KMart. I was tempted to purchase it, but it was showing at $79.99. Am I remembering correctly that it was clearanced one time at KMart as well?[/QUOTE]

The PS3 version was clearanced to 30 @ kmart, no mention of 360 though

bread's done
Back