Castlevania LOS Limited Edition (PS3) 39.99@ amazon

Glad I locked in the $32 TIV for Castlevania a week or so ago. I paid around $32 originally, so it was an $8 upgrade.

[quote name='flameofdoom666']Special. It is an artbook/case mix. Its really nice.[/QUOTE]
Just to be totally clear on this, I know the main box is bigger than normal DVD sized cases, but is the game within in a normal sized case or is it oversized? I really don't even care all that much, particularly if it's just oversized width or depth and not taller than normal cases.

[quote name='Monroeski']Just to be totally clear on this, I know the main box is bigger than normal DVD sized cases, but is the game within in a normal sized case or is it oversized? I really don't even care all that much, particularly if it's just oversized width or depth and not taller than normal cases.[/QUOTE]

the game disc itself isnt in a separate normal clear case. it fits straight into the collectors case (its an artbook/game case all in one)

watch a utube unboxing vid for the ps3 version and u'll see what i mean. oh and the case is both taller and wider than normal cases and thankfully so for the artbook.

[quote name='technicalstylez']and then i threw in Onimusha 3 and refused to sleep cuz i wanted to keep playing... that game was sooo good..now all we need is an Onimusha PS3 update..ohhhhhh man.[/QUOTE]

I couldn't agree more! Bring back "Leon" while you're at it too! ;)

[quote name='GUNNM']Xbox version dropped to 60$,hopefully keeps dropping[/QUOTE]

Odd I checked my wish list an hour or so ago and it was 79.xx. Read your post and sure enough they dropped it. According to the site thats the new msrp. Lets hope this one tanks too.

for some reason i still cant bite...the CE doesnt seem to special and my backlog is already 50+ deep. i'll wai for a cheaper price on either this or the standard version.

I've got a PS3, but I have already played this on 360 and have a save file, not to mention I want the achievements. Hell of a deal for the LE at $40, but unfortunately not good enough of a deal for me to want to play this on my PS3 over my 360.

[quote name='Dahk']for some reason i still cant bite...the CE doesnt seem to special and my backlog is already 50+ deep. i'll wai for a cheaper price on either this or the standard version.[/QUOTE]

An artbook and a soundtrack didn't sound all that special to me either, but I checked out an unboxing on Youtube and it looked much nicer than I thought it would. Clearly not worth $80, but maybe $40.

I just started playing this tonight, and though I'm not the biggest fan of Devil May Cry type games, I'm enjoying it so far. I enjoy the fact that the game is quite challenging (expect a lot of trial and error, and numerous deaths in the process), and I can see influences from other popular titles (DMC, Shadow of Colossus, GOW, etc.)

I can definitely see the game itself (not the Limited Edition) being offered for $29.99 or less in the very near future (possibly even $19.99), but this was definitely worth $39.99. It's nice to see a game exceed your expectations. Especially when many games fail to live up to the hype (Dante's Inferno, Medal of Honor, etc.).

I would actually have jumped on this, if I didn't get the used version from a gohastings sale.

A question for the people who have this game, don't you find the blocking so counter intuitive? I mean they have the evade one movement away of the block, where I end up evading rather than blocking because I pressed a directional key. Not to mention blocking seems to be quite delayed. I bought GoW3 and played it prior to playing Castlevania, that block seems to respond a whole lot faster than this. So counter attacking from a block seems near impossible for me. I think alot of my miniboss and boss fights could have gone a lot faster instead of evading.

Great deal. Too bad I was dumb and bought it release. If I had known it would have been half the price I would have waited. Ah well, the game isn't bad either.

bread's done
Back