Castlevania Order Of Ecclesia free soundtrack DL @ Amazon w/purchase (still $27.99)

Kerig

Target won BF'23 w/$350 consoles
Feedback
85 (100%)
Amazon just sweetened their deal a bit by offering a free download of the soundtrack when you purchase Order Of Ecclesia at the still-nice price of $27.99 shipped.

castlevaniaecclesiabonus.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/Castlevania-O..._1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1224752617&sr=1-1

I preordered mine back in mid-September. It just shipped out yesterday, but I haven't seen the download pop up in my bonus section at Amazon yet. I E-mailed them tonight to find out when it should appear (my friendly way of saying "add it now if you forgot about me")

I think this is a pretty weak PO bonus, but I guess it's good for people who are going to buy the game right away. I'd rather have the actual disc or some kind of LL format.

[quote name='opportunity777']I think this is a pretty weak PO bonus, but I guess it's good for people who are going to buy the game right away. I'd rather have the actual disc or some kind of LL format.[/QUOTE]

Could burn a CD, make your own artwork, create your own case...

[quote name='nikkai']Could burn a CD, make your own artwork, create your own case...[/QUOTE]

Yeah, with that logic you could also download the game, put it on a card, create a case...

[quote name='Promophile']Yeah, with that logic you could also download the game, put it on a card, create a case...[/QUOTE]

Good point, but that would also entail buying a rom reader and a memory card for those of us who don't have one or the other.

I'm just pointing out one way to get around it, coupled with the fact that amazon mp3s are DRM free.

Just trying to help dude, no need to get worked up over it.

well, atleast it is something... i also pre-ordered at amazon a long time ago... hope they give me the deal too... mine says it wont ship til the 27th tho??

[quote name='UjnHunter']well, atleast it is something... i also pre-ordered at amazon a long time ago... hope they give me the deal too... mine says it wont ship til the 27th tho??[/quote]

Grr

Amazon must have not got their shipment ...

mine isn't shipping till : Delivery estimate: October 29, 2008

That's like next Wednesday... and I have Prime, so it must not get there till Monday.

Before it was Wednesday then pushed back to Friday and now not till Wednesday after... a whole week.

Kinda expecting to drool over this since it's all I'm thinking about right now.

[quote name='xycury']Grr

Amazon must have not got their shipment ...

mine isn't shipping till : Delivery estimate: October 29, 2008

[/QUOTE]

I preordered, mine had a shipping estimate of 10/27.

It shipped yesterday.

I'm not falling for this again Konami...I mean I assume this is going to be as crazy hard as the first two DS games were? Dang, I haven't liked a Castlevania game since the GBA ones :( And I so love Metroid-style gameplay :(

[quote name='Wolfpup']I'm not falling for this again Konami...I mean I assume this is going to be as crazy hard as the first two DS games were? Dang, I haven't liked a Castlevania game since the GBA ones :( And I so love Metroid-style gameplay :([/quote]

You'd love this game, trust me.

How's the difficulty though? Seriously, I got stuck in the last two within HOURS of starting them. I could not play them. I really liked the GBA ones though, and of course LOVE Symphony of the Night.

It's just...I'm out $60 so far in DS Castlevania games I can't actually play.

[quote name='Wolfpup']How's the difficulty though? Seriously, I got stuck in the last two within HOURS of starting them. I could not play them. I really liked the GBA ones though, and of course LOVE Symphony of the Night.

It's just...I'm out $60 so far in DS Castlevania games I can't actually play.[/QUOTE]

Level up, buy some potions. That's what RPG elements are for.

Just to clarify, this isn't a pre-order bonus. The Soundtrack Download just now appeared on their product page, after the game was released.

[quote name='UjnHunter']... hope they give me the deal too... mine says it wont ship til the 27th tho??[/quote]

Have you checked your order status today? The game shows in-stock, and mine already shipped out with prime yesterday, it'll be here tomorrow. I don't see why they wouldn't have shipped out all of the preorders by now, seeing how the game came out Tuesday.

[quote name='Wolfpup']How's the difficulty though? Seriously, I got stuck in the last two within HOURS of starting them. I could not play them. I really liked the GBA ones though, and of course LOVE Symphony of the Night.

It's just...I'm out $60 so far in DS Castlevania games I can't actually play.[/quote]

The 1Up.com/EGM review gave it an "A-" and the Ign.com review have it a 9/10. One thing though, they said it was tough as nails. I will be reading GameFAQs when I eventually get stuck.

[quote name='yakkotank']I preordered, mine had a shipping estimate of 10/27.

It shipped yesterday.[/quote]

I preordered in august... my ship date keeps changing... first it was 22, then 23, then 27 and now 29...

[quote name='Kerig']Just to clarify, this isn't a pre-order bonus. The Soundtrack Download just now appeared on their product page, after the game was released.[/quote]

Well it's a side bonus since GS is releasing a CD, amazon can easily do MP3s which is nice also.

[quote name='Kerig']Have you checked your order status today? The game shows in-stock, and mine already shipped out with prime yesterday, it'll be here tomorrow. I don't see why they wouldn't have shipped out all of the preorders by now, seeing how the game came out Tuesday.[/quote]

It looks like it's shipping soon (today) but the delivery estimate is way freaking off... for Prime, that's 4 days.

I did pay with BML so maybe that delayed it... got the game for $23 :drool:

Hopefully they do the offer for the music, seems pretty stupid to just do it with new orders since release vs alll the people that pre-ordered it....

Side-annoyance... I hate the word Metroidvania...

It's just...I'm out $60 so far in DS Castlevania games I can't actually play.[/QUOTE]

This one is supposed to be the hardest of the DS Castlevania games thus far...

[quote name='marcand']The 1Up.com/EGM review gave it an "A-" and the Ign.com review have it a 9/10. One thing though, they said it was tough as nails. I will be reading GameFAQs when I eventually get stuck.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='wampa8jedi']This one is supposed to be the hardest of the DS Castlevania games thus far...[/QUOTE]

Thanks guys, no way in HELL I'm touching it then :bomb:

Make a freaking Metroid game for me, will you Konami? Nintendo? Anyone?

The bad thing is, they'll probably take less sales from people like me as meaning we don't like 2D games, or don't like Metroid style games, instead of just that it's TOO FREAKING HARD.

[quote name='wampa8jedi']This one is supposed to be the hardest of the DS Castlevania games thus far...[/quote]

I can vouch for this being insanely difficult. Sometimes even getting across the overland portions to get to the actual levels can be difficult.

Dang it. What are they doing? I wonder if there's some feedback form somewhere I can fill out? Well I'm glad I'm not supporting it :(

I *LOVE* Metroid style gameplay :( But Metroid 1-3 + Symphony of the Night were just fine difficulty level. The GBA games were fine too. Then the DS stuff...

And on a similar note, what's with those impossible Megaman Zero games on the GBA/DS? And apparently MM9 is by the same people, and also 12,000 times harder than the real Megaman games.

Who is it that gets to decide games should be hard? *sigh* I'm sick of buying games I can't play through. No other medium has this problem :(

[quote name='jaso']I can vouch for this being insanely difficult. Sometimes even getting across the overland portions to get to the actual levels can be difficult.[/QUOTE]

yup, it's hard, some of the enemies have very cheap attack patterns. the key is being patient and not just rushing through.

it is by far the best Castlevania on DS... :applause::applause::applause:

So how many of these tracks are there on this download?

I might bite since I've been thinking about grabbing the game.

As far as everyone talking about difficulty, I do agree that the Mega Man Zero games were on the frustrating side of difficulty, but Mega Man 9 with the shop is much more forgiving than most people seem to give it credit for. I obviously can't speak for this game, but considering how much of a cakewalk most of the Metroidvania games have been, I think I'm almost looking forward to the challenge here.

[quote name='xycury']Well it's a side bonus since GS is releasing a CD, amazon can easily do MP3s which is nice also.

I did pay with BML so maybe that delayed it... got the game for $23[/quote]

Same. I did BML for $22.99 as well, can't beat that deal.

I checked out the GS.com page, it actually doesn't use the word CD at all, it says you'll get a code when you pick up the game. I'm starting to think it's the same digital soundtrack that Amazon is offering, which means it'll only be 6 tracks at about 15 minutes total running time. :oldman:

GS Soundtrack listing:
180861_bonusLG.jpg

Worst preorder bonus. Ever. What happened to you, Castlevania? I thought we had something special...

Oh well I ordered it anyways. $2 off + free shipping + no tax = too much temptation for me.

The game requires paying more attention more than previous entries in the series. Attack attributes seem to be more important (as in, attack skeletons with blunt weapons, etc.), and although bosses tend to kill in 3-6 hits, and have ridiculous HP, they give quite a bit of warning beforehand in their animations. In fact, you even get medals (items that might as well function as achievements), for beating bosses without taking a hit
Nothing in the overworld will cause a one-hit kill, and bosses are always near a save point, so it's not quite megaman zero levels of difficulty, but many bosses will require several restarts

I preordered this in July, finally got the 'your order is being prepared for shipment' mail yesterday. I'm hoping it will be shipped today... I wonder if I'll still qualify for the download (though I could just download it from those other release sites).

[quote name='fairtrade']Worst preorder bonus. Ever. What happened to you, Castlevania? I thought we had something special...

Oh well I ordered it anyways. $2 off + free shipping + no tax = too much temptation for me.[/quote]
No Chrono Trigger DS is worse, it's a "soundtrack" with 2 songs.

[quote name='Wolfpup']Thanks guys, no way in HELL I'm touching it then :bomb:

Make a freaking Metroid game for me, will you Konami? Nintendo? Anyone?

The bad thing is, they'll probably take less sales from people like me as meaning we don't like 2D games, or don't like Metroid style games, instead of just that it's TOO FREAKING HARD.[/quote]

LOL

I was brought up on NES games, so I don't consider the Castlevania series that hard. In my opinion, half the fun of a game is feeling the satisfaction of finishing a tough level or boss. That said, I've played through a few levels of Ecclesia and it looks like this one might be a pretty tough cookie. However, this game is AWESOME. I highly recommend it... but if you thought the others in the series were too hard, this one isn't any easier.

Back to the subject though... I picked up this game from Gamestop the other day, and I talked to them awhile about preorder bonuses (I get along really well with the ppl who work there). Right before I decided to leave, I asked out of curiosity "Was there any pre-order bonuses for Ecclesia?" The one girl behind the counter asked the guy (who was finishing up with another customer) about it... he looked under the counter, picked up the OST for Ecclesia, and handed it to me :D. A very unexpected surprise.

I know people give Gamestop a lot of crap, but I think it really depends on which store you go to.

[quote name='Kerig']Just to clarify, this isn't a pre-order bonus. The Soundtrack Download just now appeared on their product page, after the game was released.[/QUOTE]

Actually, I mentioned this bonus in the Amazon preorder topic on the 13th... Now that the GameStop B&M copies are actual discs, who knows what these will be.

I got the email about the delay, but they still shipped mine out today. I'll let you know if the download link is with the game tomorrow.

Edit: I should've read the thread more thoroughly. See Prateeko's earlier post and his post right below this one for instructions on the Amazon download.

Last edited by a moderator:
Uhh, did anyone bother with the link I put up (from the page on Amazon about the game)?

You log in, go to the downloads tab and you can download the MP3s since you've purchased the game. Not very hard to do...

[quote name='sliknik27']I go the email about the delay, but they still shipped mine out today. I'll let you know if the download link is with the game tomorrow.[/quote]

Nice, mine finally shipped!

NEXT DAY AIR SAVER

they must have felt bad, didn't get the late email, but that could be on another email account... but it says I should get it tomorrow!

the link opens up your account, and I can see the game listed, but can't see any downloads for songs...

Gah I got the email about the delay but it still hasn't shipped. This or Far Cry 2 for that matter. I really wanted them this weekend.

[quote name='prateeko']No, you have to go to the downloads tab. If you just select the game then the bonus isn't listed there for some reason...[/quote]

post a screenshot so we can tell what we're suppose to see.

mine shipped, clicked on downloads and don't see anything of Castlevania... just my mp3s that I got.

When did your's show up?

Mine finally shipped as well, and I downloaded the songs just fine. Very good music as always with Castlevania.

I didn't reserve my Order of Ecclesia, and GameStop still gave me a bonus soundtrack!
By the way, the official Japanese website for the game has the soundtrack available for listen including extra tracks that aren't on the US CD/MP3 release.

// Roth

Amazon's Quick Picks finally showed up again for me this morning, with the lovely Shanoa right on top for $26.59. I would have preferred the physical CD soundtrack to the MP3 download, but I couldn't pass up that price. :)

Nothing in my download section, mine is in route to get here today via UPS.

I called Amazon customer service (since my E-mail seems to have gone into the same limbo as my bonus MP3s), it took me 3 people and 30 minutes to finally have someone say "I will forward this to the marketing department and they will add it to your download section within 24 hours."

I despise outsourced telemarketing.

Well, I don't have any info on the Amazon bonus but Gamestop.com NEVER gave me the download code(even though I did In Store Pickup and said I'd get a code). They only told me that it was while "Supplies Lasted" of course.

I picked up my game Tuesday at the store and the guy gave me the CD with the tracks on it. Good luck to you guys going through Amazon....

I need this game. I'm closing in on 1000% on Portrait of Ruin, and I've almost got finished everything in Dawn of Sorrows. This time last year I'd never played a Castlevania game before, but they're great.

I know that Order of Ecclesia and Castlevania Judgment can link up and unlock bonus content in both games, but does anyone know exactly what that content will be?

bread's done
Back