Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin (DS) -- $20.99 from Amazon

Not only is it in stock but, when going to add a book I've been looking at in order to get Super Saver Shipping, the book ends up being half price as well!

Now I need 2 cents worth of filler...damn it, Amazon, stop making me love you!

If you can, sign up for the Amazon Prime three-month free trial.

With the string of good deals Amazon has had lately, it's been nice to not have to dick around trying to bring totals to $25+ to qualify for free shipping.

[quote name='Kapwanil']Not only is it in stock but, when going to add a book I've been looking at in order to get Super Saver Shipping, the book ends up being half price as well!

Now I need 2 cents worth of filler...damn it, Amazon, stop making me love you![/quote]

Plus it's not deal of the day, so it will still be this price for more than today.

This is the most tempting deal on this that there has been. I liked Dawn of Sorrow, never finished it, but it was good, so I think I might pick this up, thanks OP!

Awesome game! I had it preordered so I could get the bonus pack and I never regretted it. A really beautiful and fun game.

[quote name='mrcheapo11']Plus it's not deal of the day, so it will still be this price for more than today.[/quote]
Knock on wood

Combine this and the Target deal, and you can have both Castlevanias for cheap. Count me in... As soon as I have money, again... :D

I can't think of anything to add for free shipping that won't kill this deal. But at this price I have to buy it. This just isn't fair.

Edit: I decided on Marketplace Points. I feel bad not GGC them but I still come out ahead, barely.

castlevania_ew2.jpg

j/k (i hope...)

lol ma you got too much time on your hands.

This is a good deal but I've owned this game twice already and I keep giving it up for Goozex points and such :p

At this point it'd need to be a $15 or less price to make me buy Portrait of Ruin again...hopefully there are still copies of it at Kmarts in a few years :)

Thanks OP, ordered this from CC online back when they had it for $19.99 on Dec. 24 but they never shipped it to me. Glad to be able to get it for about the same price!

Just to add to those on the sidelines - if you're a fan of the Castlevania series, and 2D action games, you'll love PoR. I paid $40 for the preorder bonus at EB, and I haven't regretted it at all.

Man, wish I had been a little slower ordering DoS so that I could have just ordered the two of these together. Oh well, I decided to pick up FFV as my "filler." $26.99 isn't a great price for that game, but what the hey--it's worth it to get PoR long before it becomes impossible to find (or ends up with an ugly-ass "Konami's Best" box).

Such a great game, you'd be stupid not to buy it at this price.

Me? I got it back when CC had it for $20 after thanksgiving, and the Best Buy Register Monkey somehow figured out that pricematching to $20 meant it should be $12 instead. yay!

Excellent deal, thanks.

Also had Devil Summoner PS2 on order with free ship, but they wouldn't let me combine these two for the free shipping (for no good reason since neither was in "ready for ship" status). So, just cancelled both after verifying they were still available.

Bingo, free shipping with the combo on both Devil Summoner and Portrait of Ruin in one order.

[quote name='jer7583']Such a great game, you'd be stupid not to buy it at this price.

Me? I got it back when CC had it for $20 after thanksgiving, and the Best Buy Register Monkey somehow figured out that pricematching to $20 meant it should be $12 instead. yay![/quote]

so you got it for $12? man, kudos!

ordered mines, but it says it will be shipped March 12 instead of my other games (which is March 7). could this be that it's the ugly ass cover version in disguise?

[quote name='Serpentor']ordered mines, but it says it will be shipped March 12 instead of my other games (which is March 7). could this be that it's the ugly ass cover version in disguise?[/quote]
I think this game is still too widely available to get a reprint yet.

[quote name='eau']I think this game is still too widely available to get a reprint yet.[/quote]

Ahhh! Sorry, i just realized i'm not talking about the same game here :bomb:

I ordered this PoR and DoS together to qualify the free shipping... and realized now that it's DoS shipping on March 12, not PoR. The pic from Amazon, DoS, is not the ugly ass cover version, but i'm getting a feeling that it will be! Opinion?

[quote name='Serpentor']Ahhh! Sorry, i just realized i'm not talking about the same game here :bomb:

I ordered this PoR and DoS together to qualify the free shipping... and realized now that it's DoS shipping on March 12, not PoR. The pic from Amazon, DoS, is not the ugly ass cover version, but i'm getting a feeling that it will be! Opinion?[/QUOTE]

Opinion:
-DoS will be ugly ass cover
-PoR will *not* be ugly ass cover

[quote name='Xerxes']Now yall got me afraid to order DOS from amazon.[/quote]
Me too. The fact that they suddenly have DOS in stock without selling out worries me.

As soon as I find a 4.01 filler, I'm in on this. Never played any Castlevania (shocking?), so I thought I'd start here. There's no problem starting at the end, is there?

[quote name='chris401']As soon as I find a 4.01 filler, I'm in on this. Never played any Castlevania (shocking?), so I thought I'd start here. There's no problem starting at the end, is there?[/QUOTE]

Eh, I played Castlevania on the NES for a short time and I just bought both of the DS ones and the Castlevania Two Pack for the GBA. I think you're alright :)

I just picked up PoR and some 19.99 Wii coponent cables. I may have spent more than the $4.01 in filler than I wanted, but at least I got something I've been wanting for a while.

Great find!!

whoo i ordered both castlevania games yesterday, and they both shipped today with the free shipping. woot

[quote name='dank']whoo i ordered both castlevania games yesterday, and they both shipped today with the free shipping. woot[/quote]
And the cover?

Edit: Damn, the deed is down. I am at over a 100(close enough) games unplayed but waiting for it.

With spring coming, I needed new drip pans for my weber grill, and at 4.49 they are the perfect filler. Nice. Now I need to chill out. I've bought 5 DS games in the last week --- and my DS hasn't even arrived yet.

bread's done
Back