Castlevania: The Dracula X Chronicles (PSP) $9.99 w/Free Shipping at Newegg

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
[rightimg]http://www.cheapassgamer.com/images/game%20images/castlevaniax.jpg[/rightimg]Save $10 on this 3D remake of Castlevania: Rondo of Blood which features unlockable versions of Symphony of the Night and the original Rondo of Blood.

psp.gif
Castlevania: The Dracula X Chronicles $9.99

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='AwRy108']I agree with everything right here, but SotN will always be my favorite; although I'm certain that nostalgia is playing a role its ranking, too ;)[/QUOTE]

I think it plays a role in many peoples' rankings... ;)

[quote name='flameofdoom666']Fair enough :whistle2:D

I hope the new 3D Castlevania that is going to have Alucard as the main character is good. I don't want the SoTN legacy tainted. The 3D ones are fun, but not nearly as good as the 2D games.[/QUOTE]

What new Castlevania game with Alucard are you talking about? The one from E3 08? Thats been canned as far as I know. Or Lords of Shadow? If so thats not Alucard.

If you are even the slightest Castlevania fan, I highly suggest you grab Dracula X at this price. Symphony of the Night is worth the cost alone.

Simon's Quest is still my favorite. It was the first I played, the first I finished. Then I went back and finished the first and when the 3rd came out I got stuck on that but it was a rental and I didn't like it that much compared to the others. I guess Simon's Quest tainted it for me because I never really liked the other ones as much. Super Castlevania IV was better but it wasn't until SotN that it felt like Simon's Quest again.

So anyway, I bought this awhile back and I still don't think I've unlocked SotN. This plays more like the original, which in my book isn't a good thing, especially with all the GBA versions like Simon's Quest. This reminds me a lot of Harmony of Dissonance which I hated.

Picked up Castlevania and Metal Slug, I've been waiting for deals on both of these. Thank you, Cag! I've been holding off on playing SotN for so long, very excited to catch up on a classic. Time to dust off the PSP.

I loved beating Aria and Circle so much! I will for sure grab this bad boy! Thanks so much now i got a reason to pull out one of my psps to play this. I have not played my psps in like 8 months now. I guess i will grab that other 9.99 game to.

I also grew up playing the original castlevania on NES and then GB. That took skill to beat those older ones. These new ones are easy compared to the originals. I love how they keep dishing out good castlevania games now.

[quote name='flameofdoom666']Fair enough :whistle2:D

I hope the new 3D Castlevania that is going to have Alucard as the main character is good. I don't want the SoTN legacy tainted. The 3D ones are fun, but not nearly as good as the 2D games.[/QUOTE]

What, the new one with Patrick Steward doing voice over? If so, the main character isn't Alucard (thank gawd, because I always thought that was a fucking stupid idea for a name :roll:), it's Gabriel...at least that's what some chick called him during the trailer on Live.

[quote name='flameofdoom666']Whoever thinks SoTN is the best Castlevania has not played Order of Ecclesia. I have played EVERY castlevania from SoTN.[/QUOTE]

i still think sotn is better just because the scope is bigger. ecclesia was a good game too and a welcome challenge since other gba and ds castlevania were too easy for me but sotn is still better.

bread's done
Back