Casual black blazer? (Not for a suit)

NamelessMC

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
I want a blazer, like a sportcoat, but I don't want one that looks super formal, because I'm going to wear it with jeans and not business casual clothes. I also don't want it to be super cheap (Wal Mart brand) because it still has to look formidable.

Anyone know where? I already tried Ross/Marshall's, they usually had sizes too big and the ones my size were nasty colors or they only had full on suits. I also tried Burmington Coat Factory and they had a Kenneth Cole one I liked, but it was $90. That's a little steep for a CAG'er.

You should try the CGFFA(Cheap Gay Fashion Friendly Ass['s] ) forums you may have better luck.

It may not be what your looking for but it could be of some use.........

I apologize I'm just puzzled and infuriated that you would ask this type of question on a site like this.

Macy's

Last weekend they had 30% additional off clearance (70% off)

I think there is a coupon in the paper for 15% off clearance right now...

Last weekend bought Polo, Kenneth, Ralph, Tommy at Wally's prices...lots to choose from...good luck!

[quote name='viksmart']You should try the CGFFA(Cheap Gay Fashion Friendly Ass['s] ) forums you may have better luck.

It may not be what your looking for but it could be of some use.........

I apologize I'm just puzzled and infuriated that you would ask this type of question on a site like this.[/quote]

It's in the "other deal's & requests" forum.

If you read the description you will see it is for ANYTHING non-video-game related. Don't be a dick.

Macy's, Dillard's, Men's Wearhouse, S&K, Joseph a Bank, Gap, Belks, etc etc.

You might have little luck with it being this late in the season, but your best bet is to go out and look around.

I guess I'll have to go to a store and try on coats until I find one that's the right size. I don't mean to sound cheap, but I want to keep this below $100. I'm having a few bites, nothing really catching me though. Sigh. I never get the blazer/jeans look going because I never have luck finding a blazer.

[quote name='NamelessMC']I guess I'll have to go to a store and try on coats until I find one that's the right size. I don't mean to sound cheap, but I want to keep this below $100. I'm having a few bites, nothing really catching me though. Sigh. I never get the blazer/jeans look going because I never have luck finding a blazer.[/quote]

then you're on the wrong site, bud...

haha...just messin' with ya...

good luck on your findings. :cool:

I'm still surprised you're having such a hard time with this. Your local stores are going to be your best bet. For something like this, I wouldn't recommend buying online at all. You want to make sure you check out the fit, material, and the "color" black, so to speak.

url

Wow. Surprising somewhat. You won't have much luck finding a casual sports coat in the stores right now since it's about to be summertime. You may luck out at any outlet stores you have around...if you have any around.

[quote name='NamelessMC']None, nothing, zilch. Only $200+ blazers and they're too "fancy".[/quote]

If you are only going to get one color of blazer- then navy is the "go to" color. The materials, tailoring and style of blazers are generally "fancier" than a suit jacket. Also: Blazers have bright buttons on them, usually brass and blazers are not paired with jeans.

Are you sure you don't want a casual sport coat?

Try J. Crew, Paul Frederick, or for a cheaper option, the Mossimo and other designer ones at Target are well made and look sharp.

Last edited by a moderator:
Check out H&M if you have one in your area. They're pretty cheap and not too formal.

[quote name='DV8']Check out H&M if you have one in your area. They're pretty cheap and not too formal.[/quote]

This. H&M is dirt cheap and very stylish for the 30-and-under crowd.

[quote name='DV8']Check out H&M if you have one in your area. They're pretty cheap and not too formal.[/quote]

Good call. My wife loves that place. High-style @ low price. They are only in really large cities though.

[quote name='zewone']Thrift stores.[/quote]

Co-sign to this, cheapest you'll find casual blazers. I mean you could get some as low as 5 bucks, granted the sizing won't be exact, but if it's casual it doesn't have to be too form-fitting.

Found this on dealcatcher.com today.
Macy's has one for $49 shipped-

INC International Concepts Nokota Sport Coat
$99.00 $39.99 + Shipping
Macys.com has this men's INC sport coat/blazer for $39.99 after instant savings. For a limited time, Macy's is taking $10 off orders of $50 or more, so add the coat to your cart to get this price. It is available in sizes M to 2XL. Shipping is $10.
Expires: 4/5/2009
996349117.gif

Unfortunately I'm 5'7". I picked up a blazer today from JC Penny with 15% off. It's not a sport coat, but it can double as a suit jacket, which I needed too.

I just found one on Macy's that they had in small and black. I know Navy Blue is the "go to" color, but I think black looks just as good and my Nike shoes are black. I ordered the one I found on Macy's and I'm going to compare the two. The worse looking one goes back to the store. They're both the same price.

Thanks for the link to the Macy's one. Because of that, I was able to find one I liked haha.

Go Thrift Store shopping for this one. Yeah, there's a stigma out there for wearing "second-hand" clothes, but seriously, a blazer/sports coat for under $25 is actually something to be proud of (and the one that I got looks barely used, and with dry cleaning, good as new).

[quote name='NamelessMC']Unfortunately I'm 5'7". I picked up a blazer today from JC Penny with 15% off. It's not a sport coat, but it can double as a suit jacket, which I needed too.

I just found one on Macy's that they had in small and black. I know Navy Blue is the "go to" color, but I think black looks just as good and my Nike shoes are black. I ordered the one I found on Macy's and I'm going to compare the two. The worse looking one goes back to the store. They're both the same price.

Thanks for the link to the Macy's one. Because of that, I was able to find one I liked haha.[/quote]

Cool. I think the way you want to wear it makes black a better choice.

Hello,

Try any online store there you can find good collection of blazers be it casual or formal and the best thing about online shopping are, they usually sell there items on discount.

Regards,
sarah_9

[quote name='dg7md']Co-sign to this, cheapest you'll find casual blazers. I mean you could get some as low as 5 bucks, granted the sizing won't be exact, but if it's casual it doesn't have to be too form-fitting.[/QUOTE]

I used to pick up dress jackets from thriftstores all of the time and just throw them out when they got messed up.

[quote name='rumarudrathas']Go Thrift Store shopping for this one. Yeah, there's a stigma out there for wearing "second-hand" clothes, but seriously, a blazer/sports coat for under $25 is actually something to be proud of (and the one that I got looks barely used, and with dry cleaning, good as new).[/QUOTE]
I would do that, and then get it tailored if need be. You should be able to find a local tailor shop that will fix it up for a small price.

bread's done
Back