Catching Up! Any DS Games to get before 3DS Shows Up?

M-PG71C

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
So, we know the Nintendo 3DS is going to show up sometime between now and March of next year, which brings up the great question:

What games do you have to get, catch-up to, or buy before it comes out? :lol:

My Nintendo DS collection is a bit on the odd side. Between my first two years of college, I didn't buy many DS games, if at all. If it didn't have Final Fantasy or Castlevania attached to it, I didn't buy it. Looking back now, there's a crapton of games I need to go get before they become too difficult to find.

This year, so far, I been able to pick up a number of games I missed out which included Fire Emblem Shadow Dragon, Ys Book 1 + 2, Advance Wars Days of Ruin, both Game and Watch Collection, Gambare Goemon DS (import), Chrono Trigger, Children of Mana, Glory of Heracles, and Legend of Kage 2. So that brings my total collection to about 56 games.

Games I am going to buy include all of the following:

Dragon Quest IV
Dragon Quest V (Which is now a bitch to get :()
Dragon Quest IX (Which comes out soon!!)
Four Heroes of Light: Final Fantasy (October, so I got time!)
Golden Sun DS (Sometime Fall, got time, yay!)
The World Ends with You (It is a shame, I know)
Kingdom Hearts DS (Its on the list, but not very high up compared to others)
Valkyrie Profile: Covenant of the Plume (I love my SRPGs too much)

The Legendary Starfy (Which is my next one, I have all the imports, I've just never gotten around to buying this one and playing it sadly)
Mario and Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story
Zelda: Spirit Tracks (Kind of on my list, I'll get it after others)
Yoshi's Island DS (Good luck, also a pain in the ass to find)
Super Princess Peach (Ditto as above)
Yoshi Touch and Go (Now we're going back in the day lol, hard to find too)

So I think that will do it for now, I'm sure more will enter throughout the months. How about you guys? What do you all got to get before it all the (good) DS games disappear off the market? We have time (luckily!) but knowing how good systems in the past went, its always good to get things now while going is good then fighting on eBay for them later. :D

EDIT: If its bolded, I just got it lol :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Let's see:
Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney
Feel the Magic: XY/XX - I have the sequel and would sort of like to just get it for collecting purposes. Also, it's only 2.99 or something at GS, but I've been having trouble finding it complete.
Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box
Space Invaders Extreme 2

Tetris DS - I know, good luck with that.
Touch Detective 2 ½
Trauma Center: Under the Knife
WarioWare D.I.Y.

Etrian Odyssey's
SMT Devil Survivor
SMT Strange Journey
Rune Factory's
Izuna 1+2
Shiren the Wanderer
Retro Game Challenge
Space Invaders Extreme 1+2
Clubhouse Games
Rhythm Heaven

Edit: Oh, you meant stuff I need to get? hmmm

Picross
Picross 3d
Warioware DIY
Might & Magic Clash of Heroes(Probably get the XBLA version, but if it drops below $10 I might get this one too)
Planet Puzzle League
Dragon Quest V
The Legendary Starfy
Mega Man Zero Collection
Suikoden
Alice in Wonderland
Wizard of Oz
Dragon Ball Z Attack of the Saiyans
Kirby Squeak Squad
and basically anything half-way decent that I can get for around $5 or less. Like when I saw Glory of Heracles for $15 with a $10 credit I decided to buy it.

Last edited by a moderator:
My plan as planned thus far

-Disregard DS games
-Acquire 3DS and awesome games
-DS games heavily discounted
-Acquire rest of DS games want

[quote name='AndrewCP']My plan as planned thus far

-Disregard DS games
-Acquire 3DS and awesome games
-DS games heavily discounted
-Acquire rest of DS games want[/QUOTE]

I don't know if that's such a great plan... it seems like Nintendo's DS games rarely get discounted and are more likely to just disappear.

@ Vinny

Yep, even worse, just about all Nintendo published titles just end up getting more expensive as time goes by. I truly recommend, to AndrewCP, that while trying to find bargain deals is a good idea, if there is a time to get DS games, now is the time.

Speaking of which, I got The Legendary Starfy yesterday so that's one more game down lol :D

I plan on getting:
Ace Attorney Investigations: Miles Edgeworth
100 Books
Mega Man Zero Collection
Space Invaders Extreme 2
Space Bust-a-Move
Tetris Party Deluxe
Picross 3D
Mario Kart Ds
Sonic Rush
Again
Last Window -hoping for U.S. release

If you're into the whole SNES remake thing then you should check out Chrono Trigger DS. It's a great remake with added bonuses too!

bread's done
Back