Catherine PS3 $39.99 Amazon

great find. i wish i could afford, but i'd have to put off something else to get it. if i have extra money, i'd feel guilty if i didn't get Uncharted 3. i SO want this, and it's a great price. Amazon's TIV is like $6.50 less ;).

Thanks, OP!!!

[quote name='mac101010']Hmm now to decide which platform to get it on. Thanks.[/QUOTE]

I heard it was far better on ps3 from a bunch of kids at my college

[quote name='dealighted']I heard it was far better on ps3 from a bunch of kids at my college[/QUOTE]

I heard it was about the same from a bunch of websites on the internets.

[quote name='dealighted']I heard it was far better on ps3 from a bunch of kids at my college[/QUOTE]

[quote name='mortalgroove']I heard it was about the same from a bunch of websites on the internets.[/QUOTE]

:applause:

I feel like this game will get cheaper soon than later. I hate puzzle games but from the reviews this game got, I will eventually buy a copy but not at 40, maybe 20 or less.

[quote name='Royal High Knight']I feel like this game will get cheaper soon than later. I hate puzzle games but from the reviews this game got, I will eventually buy a copy but not at 40, maybe 20 or less.[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't bet on it, this is an Atlus title, and a niche one at that, it likely had a small print run, so once it's gone it's going to be gone. $39.99 is still a bit high for me, but I did pick up one of the used copies Amazon was offering for $29.99.

[quote name='spmahn']I wouldn't bet on it, this is an Atlus title, and a niche one at that, it likely had a small print run, so once it's gone it's going to be gone. $39.99 is still a bit high for me, but I did pick up one of the used copies Amazon was offering for $29.99.[/QUOTE]

People really need to stop thinking like that. Atlus has been anything but niche for the last few years. In fact they are very likely to reprint their games. They shipped like 200,000 copies so it is not going to be rare

[quote name='tenike1']Looks like it's still listed as part of the promotion, but it isn't reflecting any change once I put it in my cart with another game. :cry:[/QUOTE]

Just place an order anyway. Then contact amazon CS for them to adjust the price

[quote name='62t']Just place an order anyway. Then contact amazon CS for them to adjust the price[/QUOTE]

Just did that. Thanks for the motivation. :cool:

About time the price dropped. I've getting $40 brand new games for months via kmart why would I spend the same amount on an older game especially during a congested gaming season?

Pass. Call me when it's $20

[quote name='sukTHEfac']About time the price dropped. I've getting $40 brand new games for months via kmart why would I spend the same amount on an older game especially during a congested gaming season?

Pass. Call me when it's $20[/QUOTE]

Because $40 brand new game deals are shooters 9 out of 10 times and Catherine is something very unique and different. It's people like you we have 7 shooters out of 10 game releases. We need to support these companies who are brave enough to come up with new IPs and something different that are good. For me, I buy shooters when they are dirt cheap now and buy these good new IPs at launch or very close to.

Has anyone ordered this recently from Amazon and can confirm whether or not copies still come with the artbook/soundtrack?

Whew, managed to get the price adjusted. At first, the customer service rep said that I needed to order two items sold and shipped by Amazon.com (I had ordered both the PS3 and 360 versions of Catherine), but when I asserted that both items in my order *were* sold and shipped by Amazon.com, and they were both clearly listed there on the promotion page, he finally knocked $20 off of one of them. Such great reading comprehension.

And just for shits, I tried adding a couple other random games to my cart to see if the promotion would apply itself - it did not. So, either nothing's working right now, or this promotion is over and somebody forgot to pull the page for it. Who knows.

Makes sense if they forgot to take the page down. Happened last time they had a b1g1 50%. When 3rd birthday and tactics ogre first dropped to $19.99, people were getting those by adding them and checking out and then just contacting CS.

[quote name='Xellos2099']hmmm debating should i get Catherine and star fox 3d...[/QUOTE]

I'd hop on that now before they finally take down the page. Those are two of the finest games in the sale, after all.

Just in case anyone is in the same boat I was...

I ordered Catherine ($60) and 9 Hours, 9 Persons, 9 Doors ($25) last Wednesday for the Buy 1 Get 1 50% Off and I just live chatted with a representative and he's issuing me a $20 refund for Catherine once my order ships.

Also, I mentioned the problem some of you had with the Buy1Get1 50% Off is doing right now by not applying the discount, and he said they are applying it manually after you make an order if you let them know. They're working on the problem. So I thought I'd let you guys know some of you are good to go :).

[quote name='MPoWeRM3']Because $40 brand new game deals are shooters 9 out of 10 times and Catherine is something very unique and different. It's people like you we have 7 shooters out of 10 game releases. We need to support these companies who are brave enough to come up with new IPs and something different that are good. For me, I buy shooters when they are dirt cheap now and buy these good new IPs at launch or very close to.[/QUOTE]

but its just a puzzle game

[quote name='orcishlad']:roll:[/QUOTE]

He's only partially wrong. Most of the game is just the block puzzles, and those are the worst parts of the game IMO.

Everything outside of the block puzzles was great, but the block puzzles just took up way too much of the game.

[quote name='Puppet Master']Anyone know if you can just order two of the same game [Catherine] and get the 50% discount applied? On one system I mean.[/QUOTE]

Yes, by CSR chat with slight ymmv.

[quote name='VaultDweller']but its just a puzzle game[/QUOTE]

yes, the core gameplay is a puzzle game. but it's a puzzler that makes you think and re-act quickly. most puzzle games have random blocks/jewels/etc dropping and you lose sometimes because of these randomess, not because you aren't skilled. the puzzles in catherine are fixed in story mode and you die only because you suck, not because the game gives you an unwanted piece. kinda reminds me of Ninja Gaiden where you need to learn the combat system and have very quick reflexes or die endlessly.

[quote name='MPoWeRM3']Yes, by CSR chat with slight ymmv.[/QUOTE]

Doesn't work now tried doing it site says there's a limit allowable what a shame. You were right about CS though just the site blocks it blah.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='MPoWeRM3']yes, the core gameplay is a puzzle game. but it's a puzzler that makes you think and re-act quickly. most puzzle games have random blocks/jewels/etc dropping and you lose sometimes because of these randomess, not because you aren't skilled. the puzzles in catherine are fixed in story mode and you die only because you suck, not because the game gives you an unwanted piece. kinda reminds me of Ninja Gaiden where you need to learn the combat system and have very quick reflexes or die endlessly.[/QUOTE]

This. Most complaints you will hear from people are from people who either don't like puzzle games, suck as puzzle games, or like them to be easy. This game is for a VERY specific audience, so for the most part, you already know whether or not you want this game, and if you do, you most likely already have it. If you're making snap one term judgements, do some research first before you shrug it off, but don't do it if it isn't for you.

[quote name='MPoWeRM3']yes, the core gameplay is a puzzle game. but it's a puzzler that makes you think and re-act quickly. most puzzle games have random blocks/jewels/etc dropping and you lose sometimes because of these randomess, not because you aren't skilled. the puzzles in catherine are fixed in story mode and you die only because you suck, not because the game gives you an unwanted piece. kinda reminds me of Ninja Gaiden where you need to learn the combat system and have very quick reflexes or die endlessly.[/QUOTE]

There is an element of randomness in certain stages. I'm pretty sure 'special' blocks are sometimes random, especially in the final stage. There's also a certain stage with random lightning that can screw up your tower by turning an important block fragile.

But you're right about this not being your typical puzzle game; it's fast-paced, gripping, and requires quick thinking. If you're going to play this game on easy, I would say don't bother. It's worth the $40 if you want a challenging game though.

[quote name='sayu']There is an element of randomness in certain stages. I'm pretty sure 'special' blocks are sometimes random, especially in the final stage. There's also a certain stage with random lightning that can screw up your tower by turning an important block fragile.

But you're right about this not being your typical puzzle game; it's fast-paced, gripping, and requires quick thinking. If you're going to play this game on easy, I would say don't bother. It's worth the $40 if you want a challenging game though.[/QUOTE]

good call. yeah those special blocks are a pita some times. but for 90% of the puzzles, they are fixed.

[quote name='MPoWeRM3']Because $40 brand new game deals are shooters 9 out of 10 times and Catherine is something very unique and different. It's people like you we have 7 shooters out of 10 game releases. We need to support these companies who are brave enough to come up with new IPs and something different that are good. For me, I buy shooters when they are dirt cheap now and buy these good new IPs at launch or very close to.[/QUOTE]

Wrong. There's $20 credits on just about everything. Wrong wrong wrong

Debating if I'm going to pick this up tomorrow or not. I really should wait, but I also want to experience it. Since it doesn't seem to go on sale much, how quickly do you all maybe see the price dropping?

[quote name='PrinnyOtaku']My 2 copies came in. Both have artbooks shrinkwrapped together. Go nuts.[/QUOTE]
Cool. Was it like $40 each with a manual $20 discount from CS due to the forgotten B1G1 half off page?

bread's done
Back