Cave Story - Free

Bawb3

CAGiversary!
For those of you that dont have a Wii (like myself), or don't want to actually pay for the wiiware. It's available to download for free on PC... completely Legal.

http://www.miraigamer.net/cavestory/downloads_1.php

Download the game and the english patch.
Extract the game to any fold you'd like.
Run the patch, and direct it to the "Doukutsu" Folder which is wherever your extracted the game to.
Then just run the game by running the Doukutsu.exe file.

I just played it for the last couple hours and its actually really fun for an NES/SNES looking side scrolling game. Really fun to pass the time with, It would be neat to see a mobile release of this.

You are a couple of years late.

Welcome to 2004.

Reading must be getting harder and harder these days.

[quote name='Megazell']You are a couple of years late.

Welcome to 2004.

Reading must be getting harder and harder these days.[/QUOTE]

Why do you have to be a dick? Some people don't keep up with the world of free indie PC games from Japan. It's only getting some exposure now that it's on Wii.

[quote name='atomsk']Why do you have to be a dick? Some people don't keep up with the world of free indie PC games from Japan. It's only getting some exposure now that it's on Wii.[/QUOTE]

Yeah but the moment you come to this forum there are a few stickied threads at the top made to help members and keep the forum organized:

CAG Xfire Username Thread​

[quote name='atomsk']Why do you have to be a dick? Some people don't keep up with the world of free indie PC games from Japan. It's only getting some exposure now that it's on Wii.[/QUOTE]

Trolls are gonna troll.

[quote name='Megazell']

Yeah but the moment you come to this forum there are a few stickied threads at the top made to help members and keep the forum organized:

[quote name='Droenixjpn']This could also be a discussion thread for Cave Story as well Megazell... Not just a download thread.[/QUOTE]

The thread I have is also a discussion thread too whether by PM or by post. I see your point though.

[quote name='georox']And some of us don't give a fuck about your thread that is 90% shit that nobody in their right mind should play. Your point?[/QUOTE]

Emotional gamers :(

So pre-programmed it's freighting. :(

I appreciate the heads up, I wanted to try it, and had no idea about a pc version or even a patch. Your thread is great Megazell, but I'm sure I'm not the only one who wants to go back and read through 61 pages of content. Therefore, I just don't keep up with your thread and what games may or may not be included within.

[quote name='halfbent']I appreciate the heads up, I wanted to try it, and had no idea about a pc version or even a patch. Your thread is great Megazell, but I'm sure I'm not the only one who wants to go back and read through 61 pages of content. Therefore, I just don't keep up with your thread and what games may or may not be included within.[/QUOTE]

The first page is organized by genre and alphabets. It keeps it easier to find games in the genres you like.

[quote name='Megazell']
Megazell's
Free and Legal PC Games

Here is the criteria by which I will be posting games.

1) The game must be 100% free, legal and in no need of a purchase

This means no demos, mods or any other type of game that requires you to or lead to a purchase.

2) The game must not force a user to install any software except for the game itself.

Many sites offer free games but they come bundle with tool bars and/or other software. Those types of 'free' games won't be posted.
Some game may ask for a lobby program similar to Valve's STEAM or Blizzard's Battlenet those games will be posted.

3) The games are easy to run, off of the first install.

Many games are free but require you to install emulators or some type of complex editing.
While these game may be great; for the purpose of this thread they will not be posted.

Total Games: 730

Games with a red color are no longer available and/or have dead links.

Action - 331 Games
10800 Zombies

1213 - 'Immunity'

1213 - Episode 1

1213 - Episode 2

1213 - Episode 3

2nd Encounter

Aerial Fire

AGwaK2: Darkside Adventures

Akasa

Alien Abduction

Alien Breed Obliteration

Alien Deathmatch

All Of Our Friends Are Dead

Anamaton

An Untitled Story

Ape Adventures Mayan Mystery

Arc Aether Anomalies

Armageddon Days 2

Armagetron

ASCIIpOrtal

Atomic Worm

Attack Of The 50ft Robot

AuSable

Avalanche

Avenger

BaboViolent 2

Barnacle

Battleship 88 - Iron Hero

Battle Tanks

Bernard and Hank

Bernard and Hank - Springtime Again

Big Building Boom Blues

Bite The Bullet

BlasterMan vs YellowSkull

Blob Wars - Metal Blob Solid

Block Towers

Bloodmasters

Blood Rain

Bombie Zombie

Bonesaw

Boxycraft

Bravehorse

Broken Knuckles

Burn 2

Burn The Trash

Carnage Street

Carpe Universum

Castle Of Elite

Castlevania Dark Century

Castlevania The Bloodletting

Castlevania Quest

Cauldron

Cave Story

Chalk

Chicken Invaders

Choke on my Groundhog, YOU BASTARD ROBOTS

Clean Asia!

ClickCopter 2009

Clock Tower's Secret

Clonk Endeavor

Cloud Kingdom 3

Coal

Code Name Sailor V

Colormental

Conflict Arcade

Cottage Of Doom

Counter Strike 2D

Crazy Nut

Crimson Steel

Crush!

Dan Da Dan

Dark Deed

Dead Wake

Debyrsis

Dive

Dogfight - Battle Of The Skies

Don't Look Back

DoomRL

Drone

Dracula's Shadow

Duck Doom Deluxe

Duel 6

Dungeon Chaos

DX Ball

Empyreal Nocturne

Eternal Daughter

Everison

Eyeball 3

Facewound

Fiend

Fish Face

Fishman 2 - The Pirate Treasure

Flail

Flyout

Flywrench

Furry 2

Focus

Future Pinball

Fractual Fighter

Frozzd

fuck Space

Galactic Gladiator

Galaxian 2007

Gal-EX - Spatial Delivery

Galshell 2 Bullet Rain

Gang Garrison 2

Garden Gnome Carnage

GENETOS

Gesundheit!

Giana's Return

Gigoon

GLTron

God Came To The Cave

Goldeneye 2D

Grand Theft Auto

Grand Theft Auto 2

Guardian Of Paradise

GunDude

GunGirl

GunLimb

GunRoar

Halloween House

Halo Zero

Happyland Adventures

Hasslevania

Helium Floating Objects Engage Combat

Hello Panda!

Hidden and Dangerous Deluxe

Highway Pursuit

Hornado

Hurrican

Icy Tower

Iji

Illegal Communication

Intercept

I'M OK!

Invaders! Possibly From Space.

Invalid Tangram

IO Remake

Iwanaga

I Want To Be The Guy

Jetz Rampage 4

Jimmy's Lost His Toilet Paper

Kapitan Binarny

Karnn Age

Kleptocracy!

Knytt

Knytt Stories

Karoshi 2.0

Lacewing

La La Land

La La Land 2

La La Land 3

La La Land 4

La La Land 5

La Mulana

Large-Scale Vehicular Stealing

LBreakOut2

Legend of Princess

Legend of Shadow

Liero

Living Hell

Lost Ship

Lyle In Cube Sector

Madness Reloaded

Mall Monster

Mario Forever

Matrix Dude

Merry Gear Solid: Secret Santa

Merry Gear Solid 2: Ghost Of Christmas Past

Meteor

Meteor 2

Megabot

Meritous

Mightier

Mighty Jill Off

Minubeat

Missile Matador

Missile Matador II

Mission Extreme

Modern War 3

Mr. Blocko: Super Tournament Edition

MSOIDS

Mu-cade

Multihero

Muon

N

Nanozoa

Neo-Sonic Godspeed

Neo-Sonic Universe

Neva

Nightmare Creatures

Night of the Cephalopods

Nikujin

Ninja Loves Pirates

Noitu Love and the Army of Grinning Darns

Noiz2sa

No More Plumbers

Notrium

NTE: Strike and Retrieve

Nvaders

Ocular Ink

OMG! REAL ZOMBIES

OnEscapee

Openglad

Open Sonic

Operation Spacehog

Outbound

OutRAGE

PainTown

Paroxysm

PC*Bert

Penguin Dash

Penguin Dash 2

Penguin Dash 3

Pekka Kana 2

Phobia

Project Future

Protoganda

Prototype II

Psychosomnium

Pteroglider

Punishment

Puppeteer

Purple

Quadrasquare

Raging Skies

Ray Hound

Return of Egypt

Return To Sector 9

Retro II

Ri-Li

Robocop 2D

Robocop VS Terminator 2D 2

Robocop 2D 3

Robo Slug

Rocket! Waxy's Rocket Party

Rockman 7

ROM CHECK FAIL!

rRootage

Run Like Heck

RunMan: Race Around The World

Samurai Railroad Mansion

Satan Sam

Sea Of Chaos

Secret Maryo Chronicles

Seven Minutes

Seizuredome

Shotgun Debugger

Shotgun Ninja

Silver Wings

Sint Nicolaas

Sir Lancelot

Smash Battle

Soldat

Soldexus

Sopwith 3.0

Soundless Mountain 2

Space Fury

SpaceGrub

Space Invaders OpenGL

Special Agent

Spelunky

Spiky Harold

Splinter Source

Squid 2: Squid Harder

Squid Yes Not So Octopus

Star Guard

Stariod

Star Wars

Stick Soldiers I

Stick Soldiers II

Storm Assault

Streets Of Rage Remake

Subvein

Sunset Runner

Super Mario Blue Twilight DX

Super Mario War

Super Mega Awesome Dude!

Super Tux

Super Vampire Ninja Zero

Survival Crisis Z

TAGAP

Tango Strike

Tank Wars 3D

The Blob

The Cleaner

The Design

The Expelations of The Little Green Pod Man

The Hanrahan Final Mix Game

The One Case

The Power

Theseus - Return of the Hero

Titanion

Toblo

Tower Toppler

Trackballs

Transdimensional Hellspider

Treasure Hunter Man

Treasure Tower

Treasure Treasure

Trilby's The Art Of Theft

Tumiki Fighters

Two

Typhoon 2001

Ultimate Bruce Lee

Varia

Verge

Vivid Conceptions

Voltorometer Recharged

Warning Forever

Wazzal

Weave 3D

Wings 2

Wings of Fury

Winter's Heart

Wire Robo

Within A Deep Forest

Wootman

Worminator 3

Wormux

Xenon 2000

XSynergy Gate

XWung

Zelda Classic

Zombie Smashers X

Zombpoclaypse

Zwarte Piet

Adventure - 42 Games
Fighting - 25 Games
First Person Shooter - 65 Games
Flight - 5 Games
MMORPG - 65 Games
Music - 7 Games
Puzzle - 11 Games
Racing - 16 Games
Real Time Strategy - 27 Games
RPG - 45 Games
Simulation - 37 Games
Sports - 19 Games
Third Person Shooter - 10 Games
Turn Based Strategy - 28 Games
SPOTLIGHTS
Websites And Programs That Enhance PC Gaming!

[/QUOTE]

or you can subscribe to the thread and get an email with new games/post as they get put up.

So, for anyone who played with both the Wii and the Free PC version, any differences worth noting on the Wiiware version?

And yes, I've played this on the PC. I just heard (some time ago), that the Wiiware version would have some added extras, and I'm lazy git to look it up.

EDIT: Just looked up the info. Boss Attack, Time Attack, and able to play as an alternate character. Hmm, but for $10 and seeing a 6 year-old classic be on the top of the Wiiware catalog, I might bite.

[quote name='Megazell']The first page is organized by genre and alphabets. It keeps it easier to find games in the genres you like.

or you can subscribe to the thread and get an email with new games/post as they get put up.[/QUOTE]

Not worth it

[quote name='rumarudrathas']So, for anyone who played with both the Wii and the Free PC version, any differences worth noting on the Wiiware version?

And yes, I've played this on the PC. I just heard (some time ago), that the Wiiware version would have some added extras, and I'm lazy git to look it up.

EDIT: Just looked up the info. Boss Attack, Time Attack, and able to play as an alternate character. Hmm, but for $10 and seeing a 6 year-old classic be on the top of the Wiiware catalog, I might bite.[/QUOTE]

There's a few bugs with the Wii version also though...the music and one of the bosses loops out of the screen and you have to reboot the Wii to get it to work. It should be patched soon though.

[quote name='Megazell']LOL Stay stuck then :)[/QUOTE]

Nice double post, newb.

Stay stuck with what? WTF are you talking about?
fail_20at_20failing.jpg

[quote name='kilm']Nice double post, newb.

Stay stuck with what? WTF are you talking about?
fail_20at_20failing.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Poor guy.

[quote name='rumarudrathas']So, for anyone who played with both the Wii and the Free PC version, any differences worth noting on the Wiiware version?

EDIT: Just looked up the info. Boss Attack, Time Attack, and able to play as an alternate character. Hmm, but for $10 and seeing a 6 year-old classic be on the top of the Wiiware catalog, I might bite.[/QUOTE]

Updated graphics and music, too.

[quote name='animalspinners']Updated graphics and music, too.[/QUOTE]

Hmm, can barely tell from the screenshots Wow, took me a while to see the difference, and now that I noticed it, it's basically as plain as day. I was reading the Cave Story Wiiware blog and apparently every redesign was approved by the original maker himself.

I hope that either a.) this get's ported to the PC, and b.) it would be a free download (but I won't mind paying $10 for it :D).

Enough bashing on Megazell. This isn't the bash forum. Do that in PMs instead.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Droenixjpn']Enough bashing on Megazell. This isn't the bash forum. Do that in PMs instead.[/QUOTE]

Hey, I like Megazell and really enjoy his free games sticky. But he is quick to spam other threads by mentioning that sticky and freely bashs others himself. He is quick to mention, his thread is stickied at the top. So his constant need to mention it in every other thread, is a form of spam.

Most of those free games he brings attention too are very good. But he doesn't need to attack others who might not care about or even like them.

[quote name='mogamer']Hey, I like Megazell and really enjoy his free games sticky. But he is quick to spam other threads by mentioning that sticky and freely bashs others himself. He is quick to mention, his thread is stickied at the top. So his constant need to mention it in every other thread, is a form of spam.

Most of those free games he brings attention too are very good. But he doesn't need to attack others who might not care about or even like them.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I am quick to bash, of that there is no doubt. I don't need defending either because this is internets and therefore not real.

I know that our PC Gaming community is small. Like others, I don't like double posting of the same subject matter. It's a waste of space if you ask me. So if someone touches a subject that I know is posted already I let them know. I think everyone that hits a forum, especially an established forum like CAG (it's not like it was made recently, it's been around since 2003) should use the search feature.

It's not just with 'Free Games' I mean this with all things, I have quoted and responded to other people post about a question they asked that is already answered elsewhere in the forum. From Netbook, STEAM GAMES, Pricing guides and all other such.

I would not call that SPAM though because then that means that if ever anyone ask or post about a subject already covered we must let that go by. I mean we can always use 3 threads on Bad Company 2 and 4 threads on StarCraft, right? ;)

And I never cared nor attacked anyone that stated they never liked any of the games...I actually encourage people to speak freely about the games I posted....I don't like them all....but I post because someone asked for something in that genre or gameplay mechanic style...I've even stated that a few times in the thread...I really don't care, I just attack their self-esteem which is totally a different issue ;)

[quote name='Megazell']

[quote name='ninja dog']Nobody cares about your thread[/QUOTE]

LOL! Oh noes.

[quote name='Megazell']Poor guy.[/QUOTE]

Says the troll who can't afford games or some other shit that no one cares about.

So you have no explanation and offer nonsensical retorts. :spam: moar, bro

[quote name='kilm']Says the troll who can't afford games or some other shit that no one cares about.

So you have no explanation and offer nonsensical retorts. :spam: moar, bro[/QUOTE]

:lol:

For someone that does not care you sure do a lot of stalking on this board. I must be your new fantasy.

Relax and game like you want. I'll do the same. LOL.

[quote name='Megazell']:lol:

For someone that does not care you sure do a lot of stalking on this board. I must be your new fantasy.

Relax and game like you want. I'll do the same. LOL.[/QUOTE]

LOL Says the dude who gets his jollies off self-promoting and stalking CAG every single thread to promote his own thread.

LOL Hypocrite much? You're also giving yourself WAY too much credit. It's funny in a sense, but also just very pathetic

No one is telling you how to game or how to enjoy your games. You're totally free to play your shitty games, no one will stop you.

[quote name='kilm']LOL Says the dude who gets his jollies off self-promoting and stalking CAG every single thread to promote his own thread.

LOL Hypocrite much? You're also giving yourself WAY too much credit. It's funny in a sense, but also just very pathetic

No one is telling you how to game or how to enjoy your games. You're totally free to play your shitty games, no one will stop you.[/QUOTE]

Above is a shameful display of false intelligence.

I hit other threads to read up on 'PC Gaming' and other PC related topics as this is the forum for which that is the subject matter.

If I see a post where I can alert someone about a game that's on my list (or even those not on my list like the STALKER Freeware). It shall come to pass that it will be posted. If it bothers you and you are losing sleep over it. Place me on ignore.

You should really see someone about your fascination with internets stalking I am sure they got meds for it :)

9/10 I post freeware solutions period about whatever the topic is involved whether it's games, software or website solutions.

Stay mad, stay stuck and stay LOLing at your own inadequacies.

Okay then!
Well I just joined CAG a little over a month ago, and just recently started checking out the other forums. So I still dont know how everything goes down around here.
I didnt start this thread with any intention of taking traffic from yours Megazell, or to clutter up other threads. Honestly I didnt even see your mega thread, OR that cave story was in it. However I can understand your frustration as you obviously took a lot of time to put it together and organize it.

If it bothers you this much, the mods can delete this thread, I really don't care, I just wanted to throw this out there for anyone (like myself) that hadn't heard of this until the wii version came around. I realize it's been out since 04, but not everyone knows about it.
It's not like I get any kind of benefit to myself for people visiting/downloading the site linked in the OP.
Im just trying to contribute the the community a bit.

[quote name='Bawb3']Okay then!
Well I just joined CAG a little over a month ago, and just recently started checking out the other forums. So I still dont know how everything goes down around here.
I didnt start this thread with any intention of taking traffic from yours Megazell, or to clutter up other threads. Honestly I didnt even see your mega thread, OR that cave story was in it. However I can understand your frustration as you obviously took a lot of time to put it together and organize it.

If it bothers you this much, the mods can delete this thread, I really don't care, I just wanted to throw this out there for anyone (like myself) that hadn't heard of this until the wii version came around. I realize it's been out since 04, but not everyone knows about it.
It's not like I get any kind of benefit to myself for people visiting/downloading the site linked in the OP.
Im just trying to contribute the the community a bit.[/QUOTE]

It's just... your posting makes him feel as though his purpose in life to fulfill the needs of this forum is for nothing. He needs this to live, man.

[quote name='Bawb3']Okay then!

Im just trying to contribute the the community a bit.[/QUOTE]

Don't read into it that much. I'm just a hard ass. The comedy alone from this thread as others get emotional over pixel is contribution enough ;)

[quote name='georox']It's just... your posting makes him feel as though his purpose in life to fulfill the needs of this forum is for nothing. He needs this to live, man.[/QUOTE]

^ See what I mean :)

[quote name='Megazell']Above is a shameful display of false intelligence.

You should really see someone about your fascination with internets stalking I am sure they got meds for it :)

9/10 I post freeware solutions period about whatever the topic is involved whether it's games, software or website solutions.

Stay mad, stay stuck and stay LOLing at your own inadequacies.[/QUOTE]

9/10 posts you stalk and troll are spam. No need to justify your trolling. Trolling is trolling. Spam is spam. It's junk and it's pathetic. Don't get mad at me either. You should calm down, bro, it's not my fault you spam the boards and get super uppity that people don't look at your thread =/

Um... my own inadequacies? LOL Talk about false intelligence! That doesn't even make sense, and when I even called you out on it, you didn't even have anything to say! Go back to elementary school, get an education and maybe you can get some common sense. Embarrassing, really.

[quote name='georox']You both have tiny penises.

Now stop it.[/QUOTE]

10zyfr8.jpg

It's too late he went full emotional. *shakes his head*

[quote name='Megazell']
10zyfr8.jpg

It's too late he went full emotional. *shakes his head*[/QUOTE]

Not really. You're the one raging that people don't look at your post =/ QQ moar

It's nice to know you confuse your own emotions LOL

[quote name='kilm']Not really. You're the one raging that people don't look at your post =/ QQ moar

It's nice to know you confuse your own emotions LOL[/QUOTE]

34rymuu.jpg

^ Fail.

[quote name='Megazell']^ Fail.[/QUOTE]

you do realize that those posts and visits are 90% yours?
And even then you still cry in every thread that people don't read your thread

images

Now that's true fail.

It's times like these I wish I was a mod... I wouldn't lock this thread, because it's hilarious, but I'd give the culprits embarrassing avatars & signatures until they stopped bickering. Also, a hot-pink stylesheet would be applied to the site for them only for a week.

[quote name='BitLooter']It's times like these I wish I was a mod... I wouldn't lock this thread, because it's hilarious, but I'd give the culprits embarrassing avatars & signatures until they stopped bickering. Also, a hot-pink stylesheet would be applied to the site for them only for a week.[/QUOTE]

HA HA, I go to a forum where the mods do stuff like that. They also temporarily change posters forum names too. That does instill some civility.

[quote name='kilm']you do realize that those posts and visits are 90% yours?
And even then you still cry in every thread that people don't read your thread

Now that's true fail.[/QUOTE]

C'mon, if you're going to spout out numbers, at least user accurate ones. Mega's posts only account for 78% of that thread (yes, I counted...i got bored at work).

As far as this particular issue is concerned, the very nature of Mega's thread makes it pretty damn hard to actually carry on good discussions about any given game mentioned. Not only that, but anyone looking for a discussion on a game contained in it certainly wouldn't be able to find it unless it was posted immediately after the game was.

I would like to thank you all for trashing my thread. Appreciate it! lol
Did anyone actually play this because of this thread? I would be so butt-hurt if no one did!

[quote name='Bawb3']I would like to thank you all for trashing my thread. Appreciate it! lol
Did anyone actually play this because of this thread? I would be so butt-hurt if no one did![/QUOTE]

Yeah, picked it up again on my laptop. I just wished I got the my dual-shock 3 to work perfectly with it.

bread's done
Back