CC $40 off $200 **UPDATED** Full Scan - Now *Valid Thru 5/31*

bushe

CAG Veteran
Link to the new CC UPS coupon

4/1/07-5/31/07

The full scan is not uploaded by me but the cropped image was taking from it and uploaded by me.

Cropped Image(just coupon)

Full Coupon Scan

Thanks to pulverizer from fuckwallet

[quote name='pulverizer72'][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]FAQ

Q. Where do these coupons come from?
A. When you fill out a change of address form with the USPS, they will send you a welcome package to your new address that includes a number of coupons, including a 10% off at Home Depot and these Circuit City Coupons.

Q. What coupons are included?
A. There are three coupons. $40 off $199, 10% off on all TVs $100 & up including sale items & 10% off receivers, speakers, subwoofers & DVD recorders.

Q. Why is this YMMV?
A. This is YMMV because in the fine print of the coupons it reads "Reproductions/ photocopies will not be accepted" so it depends on your store. Many people have been very successful with these coupons. I've even been able to use B&W copies of these coupons, although I recommend a color printout.

Q. Can I use the coupons online?
A. No. But many have reported success ordering online for in-store pick up and then having the coupon applied by the CSR when they pick up their item. This is also the method to use if you want any other online discount applied.

Q. Are these one time use codes?
A. These are not one-time use codes. All of the USPS coupons so far use the same codes.

Q. Are there any other Circuit City coupons?
A. Yes, there are. If you are an entertainment.com member you can use a 10% off coupon from their site good on ANYTHING once a year online or instore. It may be beneficial to become a member and use it on a big ticket item, like a ps3. There is also a AAA 10% off coupon available.

Q. Will OTHER retailers such as Best Buy honor these coupons?
A. Generally, no. In certain circumstances (such as pricematching a Circuit City price on the 42" Panasonic TV last fall) BB has honored this in the past. Experience from several FWers indicates that having a receipt of someone else from a BB or CC with the final price indicated helps the YMMV factor on these attempts. Office Depot PM policy is to accept competitor's coupons.

Q. What is the best way to maximize this coupon?
A. The closer you get to $200 (not $199) without going under, the more you maximize your coupon. The reason you want to spend at least $200 and not $199 is to make sure any items with rebates still meet their minimum purchase price, which is usually 20% off. Assuming you spend exactly $200, the coupon will take exactly 20% off EACH item on your receipt. The coupon will never take more than $40 off your total. If you spend $300, each item will be reduced by 15% and the discounts will add up to $40. If you spend $400, each item will be reduced by 10% and so on. If you decide to return one item at a later date, it will not affect the discount applied to the other items but you will only be refunded the item's original price minus its discount, which is what you paid to begin with.
[/FONT]

[/quote]

[quote name='anomynous']LOL @ upscaling being the same as HD DVD/Blu Ray[/quote]

Lol at you trying to kid yourself about blowing $200 down the drain.

Even Wombat says it's the same.

this coupon comes from a confirmation packet when u do a change of address, i just got one yesterday in the mail as I moved to my grandmas.

[quote name='Serpentor']Does anyone know this works on DS or PSP? Since they are exactly consoles per se...[/QUOTE]
I too would like to know the answer to this question.

[quote name='Temporaryscars']Lol at you trying to kid yourself about blowing $200 down the drain.

Even Wombat says it's the same.[/quote]Yes, Wombat is the resident AV technician. His word is the law.:roll:

[quote name='SteveMcQ']Yes, Wombat is the resident AV technician. His word is the law.:roll:[/quote]

Simply pointing out that i'm not the only person saying this.

I used a $40 coupon in December (which expired on 12/31/06) on a DS Lite + filler with no problem. But then that coupon didn't explicitly exclude gaming consoles in the fine print. So again, YMMV.

I just used the coupon to get the HD-DVD player for the XBOX360.

The only problem I had was the guy said that the HD-DVD player was a system. I asked him to ring it up. And the discount came off.

And to the joker who thinks that upscaled DVD's are almost as good as HD-DVD......... Lay off the crack pipe. Let me explain to the misinformed. The mean quality of HD DVD is a lot higher than digital cable or DVD's. HD DVD titles use VC-1 at 12-20 VBR Mbps instead of MPEG-2, and are square pixel instead of anamorphically compressed. So, more pixels, and higher quality pixels. DVD to HD DVD is 6x the pixels, and the average pixel is of higher quality on the average studio release.

[quote name='BIGDADDYJN']I just used the coupon to get the HD-DVD player for the XBOX360.

The only problem I had was the guy said that the HD-DVD player was a system. I asked him to ring it up. And the discount came off.

And to the joker who thinks that upscaled DVD's are almost as good as HD-DVD......... Lay off the crack pipe. Let me explain to the misinformed. The mean quality of HD DVD is a lot higher than digital cable or DVD's. HD DVD titles use VC-1 at 12-20 VBR Mbps instead of MPEG-2, and are square pixel instead of anamorphically compressed. So, more pixels, and higher quality pixels. DVD to HD DVD is 6x the pixels, and the average pixel is of higher quality on the average studio release.[/quote]

Alright, fine then. When I get home tonight, i'll take pictures of an upscaled picture and an HD-DVD picture and then you can tell me what you think.

[quote name='Temporaryscars']Alright, fine then. When I get home tonight, i'll take pictures of an upscaled picture and an HD-DVD picture and then you can tell me what you think.[/quote]

Great, pictures of your TV. I'm sure that will clear everything up. :roll: I actually have SEEN the difference between the 2 on my 1080p DLP. And any HD format (be it Bluray or HD-DVD) look far better than an upscaled DVD.

[quote name='BIGDADDYJN']Great, pictures of your TV. I'm sure that will clear everything up. :roll: I actually have SEEN the difference between the 2 on my 1080p DLP. And any HD format (be it Bluray or HD-DVD) look far better than an upscaled DVD.[/quote]

[quote name='Temporaryscars']Let me rephrase that. If you have a 50 inch or larger HDTV that can display 1080p, then it's worth it. Otherwise, get an upscaling DVD player for under $100 and get the same picture quality.[/quote] :roll: :roll:

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']for people wanting a zune (like myself) this is useful.[/quote]

Office max has it for 179.99 already, get it there.

[quote name='kevzik']Office max has it for 179.99 already, get it there.[/QUOTE]

nice... I may do so with my paycheck this weekend unless it's only this week.

I'd very much like to use this coupon. Can someone recommend the best way to print it out? Right now it prints out over the entire page. What size makes the coupon look authentic?

[quote name='billg']Actually got this thing to work on the first try this time. Interesting. Thanks OP![/QUOTE]

How did you print it out in order for it to work?
As it stands right now, the coupon fills the entire page? What is the actual size of the coupon so that it doesn't look like I just printed it?

[quote name='dschroll']I'd very much like to use this coupon. Can someone recommend the best way to print it out? Right now it prints out over the entire page. What size makes the coupon look authentic?[/quote]

No matter how you put it, you will not make this authentic... Just print it and have your fingers crossed and see it works or not.

[quote name='dschroll']How did you print it out in order for it to work?
As it stands right now, the coupon fills the entire page? What is the actual size of the coupon so that it doesn't look like I just printed it?[/quote]

That's a technical question.... if you're like most other CAGs, you probably want to print serveral coupons on one sheet? #1, the size will be reduced, #2 you will have more coupons (even though you might not use all), #3 you don't waste paper :)

There are many ways to do it, c/p? resize? photoshop?

[quote name='Temporaryscars']Alright, fine then. When I get home tonight, i'll take pictures of an upscaled picture and an HD-DVD picture and then you can tell me what you think.[/QUOTE]

You said you did this before? Did you post anything here?

[quote name='Temporaryscars']Trust me. The HD-DVD drive isn't worth it.[/quote]
I can understand your opinion. I am kinda underwhelmed with HD-DVD when the scene is indoors or focused on a face, but I am completely blown away with scenery shots or with shots that have a lot of small objects/details. Like a crowded theater or the valley from the last samurai.

[quote name='KillerFurby07']Will this scan be good enough quality?[/QUOTE]
i wanna know too, cause the copy wonut be double sided..

[quote name='tobin']Hello new Ipod Video...for $210....great deal[/QUOTE]

Hope you didn't waste your gas driving to Circuit City.

Printed out the coupon and tried it at Circuit City.
No go. It wouldn't scan in and then they read it and said they wouldn't accept it because its a replica.

Anyone have any ideas?

Not sure if it's still active, but there was a big rebate for Creative Zen 30gb players a couple days ago, in addition to a 30$ price drop.

I asked a manager if they would price match their website, and he said of course... I think the total came down to 140 or 150.

Were you going out of your way to show the worst possible scenes of those movies?

Post something outdoors or a close shot of someone's face, and see how that backs up your claim.

You could also enjoy the much superior menus, better sound and more language options, special HD DVD only features, region-freeness of HD DVD, etc..

[quote name='Temporaryscars']I just took pictures. What, you're going to pay $200 just for nice looking outdoor scenes and face shots?[/quote]

I know I didn't pay $160 to look at some gnarly foot and some Rib eye.

[quote name='DomLando']So is this particular scan working for people or is it not scanning?[/QUOTE]

Not scanning for me. CC entered the code and tried scanning it...nothing worked.

Believe it or not, I can tell a difference.

On the other end of the foot in the HD scan is this:

nicole-kidman.jpg

On the other end of the foot in the upscale is this:

050503_england_vmed_5a.widec.jpg

If that ain't worth 200...

Temporaryscars...

Dude, you're taking photos to compare the difference! You're introducing hundreds of variables into your comparison.

I thought maybe you were taking a digital screen shot. It's ridiculous to think that a manually shot digital camera picture scaled down to 800x514 is going to show any difference.

You may not be able to see a difference in person, but many others can. Just like with audio and me. I'm satisfied with television speakers (albeit good television speakers) versus a buddy can pick out the $100 speakers over the $90 speakers.

[quote name='siamesellama']Temporaryscars...

Dude, you're taking photos to compare the difference! You're introducing hundreds of variables into your comparison.

I thought maybe you were taking a digital screen shot. It's ridiculous to think that a manually shot digital camera picture scaled down to 800x514 is going to show any difference.

You may not be able to see a difference in person, but many others can. Just like with audio and me. I'm satisfied with television speakers (albeit good television speakers) versus a buddy can pick out the $100 speakers over the $90 speakers.[/quote]
Well, it's not like I can upload high resolution photos here. They'd be too big. And you're right, maybe it's just me, but for $200 and $30 per movie, every single damn person alive should be able to tell a difference.

[quote name='Temporaryscars']Well, it's not like I can upload high resolution photos here. They'd be too big. And you're right, maybe it's not just me, but for $200 and $30 per movie, every single damn person alive should be able to tell a difference.[/QUOTE]

I would definitely have to disagree with that. It sucks that you can't see the difference but the $200 (and $30 per movie) could easily be worth it to someone else. Even back in the day, you had people spending retarded amounts of money to get the best of the best in picture and audio fidelity when your average person couldn't even begin to see the difference. To me, $200 isn't that bad considering the difference I'm seeing in 720p content from the marketplace to the 480p output from standard DVDs on the 360. I could only imagine what a good transfer would look like in full 1080p on my television.

What movies are those by the way?

[quote name='assasin4hire']Yes! saves me $40 bucks off that Ipod i'm planning on buying tomorrow[/quote]

Read the fine print, dude. You can not use it to buy Apple products. that means the ipod

bread's done
Back