CC $40 off $200 **UPDATED** Full Scan - Now *Valid Thru 5/31*

bushe

CAG Veteran
Link to the new CC UPS coupon

4/1/07-5/31/07

The full scan is not uploaded by me but the cropped image was taking from it and uploaded by me.

Cropped Image(just coupon)

Full Coupon Scan

Thanks to pulverizer from fuckwallet

[quote name='pulverizer72'][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]FAQ

Q. Where do these coupons come from?
A. When you fill out a change of address form with the USPS, they will send you a welcome package to your new address that includes a number of coupons, including a 10% off at Home Depot and these Circuit City Coupons.

Q. What coupons are included?
A. There are three coupons. $40 off $199, 10% off on all TVs $100 & up including sale items & 10% off receivers, speakers, subwoofers & DVD recorders.

Q. Why is this YMMV?
A. This is YMMV because in the fine print of the coupons it reads "Reproductions/ photocopies will not be accepted" so it depends on your store. Many people have been very successful with these coupons. I've even been able to use B&W copies of these coupons, although I recommend a color printout.

Q. Can I use the coupons online?
A. No. But many have reported success ordering online for in-store pick up and then having the coupon applied by the CSR when they pick up their item. This is also the method to use if you want any other online discount applied.

Q. Are these one time use codes?
A. These are not one-time use codes. All of the USPS coupons so far use the same codes.

Q. Are there any other Circuit City coupons?
A. Yes, there are. If you are an entertainment.com member you can use a 10% off coupon from their site good on ANYTHING once a year online or instore. It may be beneficial to become a member and use it on a big ticket item, like a ps3. There is also a AAA 10% off coupon available.

Q. Will OTHER retailers such as Best Buy honor these coupons?
A. Generally, no. In certain circumstances (such as pricematching a Circuit City price on the 42" Panasonic TV last fall) BB has honored this in the past. Experience from several FWers indicates that having a receipt of someone else from a BB or CC with the final price indicated helps the YMMV factor on these attempts. Office Depot PM policy is to accept competitor's coupons.

Q. What is the best way to maximize this coupon?
A. The closer you get to $200 (not $199) without going under, the more you maximize your coupon. The reason you want to spend at least $200 and not $199 is to make sure any items with rebates still meet their minimum purchase price, which is usually 20% off. Assuming you spend exactly $200, the coupon will take exactly 20% off EACH item on your receipt. The coupon will never take more than $40 off your total. If you spend $300, each item will be reduced by 15% and the discounts will add up to $40. If you spend $400, each item will be reduced by 10% and so on. If you decide to return one item at a later date, it will not affect the discount applied to the other items but you will only be refunded the item's original price minus its discount, which is what you paid to begin with.
[/FONT]

[/quote]

[quote name='whoknows']I printed it out and used it today to get a DS Lite and 3 games.

Pretty sweet.[/quote]
It sounds like the DS Lite isn't considered a gaming console in their system if the coupon discount rings up automatically. That's good news!

[quote name='eau']It sounds like the DS Lite isn't considered a gaming console in their system if the coupon discount rings up automatically. That's good news![/QUOTE]
Maybe it doesn't automatically exclude consoles and it's up to the employee to read the coupon?

It did take him about 10mins to get it to work though...it would not scan.

Oh, and I did print it off in color if that matters.

[quote name='cag1000']The Zen Vision M 30gig is 199.99 this week. Anyone think it would work on this? Is 160 even a good price for it?[/QUOTE]

Its definately worth $160. I bought one a few months ago from Amazon for $199 and like it a lot.

Would this coupon work on the 120 gb hard drive and Guitar Hero 2 for the 360 if i bought them both at the same time?
if it does then this will be a sweet deal. because of some giftcards i got for some credit card offers.

[quote name='XMastaCrackaX']Would this coupon work on the 120 gb hard drive and Guitar Hero 2 for the 360 if i bought them both at the same time?
if it does then this will be a sweet deal. because of some giftcards i got for some credit card offers.[/quote]

I can't see why it wouldn't work.

WOOHOO!I used it yesterday for a Sony DSC-W55 Camera and it worked!I printed off in color also and it wouldn't scan so I told him I got it in Circuitcity.com and then he put the barcode of the coupon and it worked!

[quote name='bushe']Updated with new coupons for 4/1-5/31 See First Post[/quote]

awwwwwwesome - another month to find a sweet deal to include this in.

This update is especially nice, since the next $15 off $100 coupons CC has coming in May will exclude games and dvds. Thankfully, this coupon does not exclude games.

Well that's going to suck. I usually keep my purchases well below the $200 mark and I don't want to add just to get the $40 off. Less trips and hopefully they still have what I want. I'll print one and see what I find. Mainly looking for blu-ray movies since I just picked up the PS3.

[quote name='sigep_ohio']This update is especially nice, since the next $15 off $100 coupons CC has coming in May will exclude games and dvds. Thankfully, this coupon does not exclude games.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='bushe']Updated with new coupons for 4/1-5/31 See First Post[/quote] And I removed all the FW referral links from all the links in the OP. :roll: :roll:

I got this to work about a month ago. Of course, I was a sneaky cheapy and casually covered up the "Do not accept copies" part. :booty: The code was still valid, though it took them 4 tries to get it right. Gots me some good Wii/DS games and a couple CDs. :cool:

[quote name='shrike4242']And I removed all the FW referral links from all the links in the OP. :roll: :roll:[/quote]

thx

[quote name='hiamiyumi']I have the " take $15 off if your total purchase of $99 or more" . PM me if you want the webcode.
Valid until May 5 2007[/quote]

Thanks!

[quote name='FxhoundADAM']Yeah what happened to teh $15 off coupon?[/QUOTE]

I got one when I ordered something at CC.com. They come with the product and have unique codes.

This should work if I pick up the wireless racing wheel and Forza 2 later this month, right? I mean, if I can get the clerks to look past that whole "no photocopies or reproductions" thing.

[quote name='FxhoundADAM']Yeah what happened to teh $15 off coupon?[/quote]

The $15 off $100 coupon that is given away in stores now excludes cds, dvds, and GAMES so is no longer any use to us CAGers. It would only be useful if you were looking for $100+ in game accessories, ie. controllers/cables.

I think we may have used the last one a bit too much for CC's taste and they decided to kill the coupon for games.

Like others have posted, they do still email you coupons that work for games. These are just harder to come by.

just read this on slickdeals:

Circuit City circular for 5/13/07 - 5/19/07

Get 2 Free HD-DVD movies of your choice with the purchase of an XBOX 360 HD-DVD player (add – on component) // HD-DVD player price is $199.99 // Free HD-DVD movie value = $59.98

would be good to use the coupon for HD-DVD player, 3 HD movies (King Kong), and the remote.

Dang, I was planning on getting a couple games, but that deal might be too tempting to pass up...

I am interested in these games for the Wii, (Wii play only for the remote)

Trauma Center
Super Monkey Ball
Call of duty 3
Excite Truck
Wario Ware
Wii Play
SSX Blur
The Godfather

Are 4 of them good enough to spend 200 dollars on? I have no of the other games in the series. No SSX, Wario Ware, Trauma Center, etc... Is getting these games at 40 dollars a piece effectively worth the price now, or should I just wait?

Thanks for the input!

[quote name='Jackattack51']I am interested in these games for the Wii, (Wii play only for the remote)

Trauma Center
Super Monkey Ball
Call of duty 3
Excite Truck
Wario Ware
Wii Play
SSX Blur
The Godfather

Are 4 of them good enough to spend 200 dollars on? I have no of the other games in the series. No SSX, Wario Ware, Trauma Center, etc... Is getting these games at 40 dollars a piece effectively worth the price now, or should I just wait?

Thanks for the input![/quote]

Trauma Center
Excite Truck
Wario Ware
Wii Play

I advise thoes four, if you do not have rayman raving rabbits get that instead of Exite truck.

[quote name='icyjones']just read this on slickdeals:

Circuit City circular for 5/13/07 - 5/19/07

Get 2 Free HD-DVD movies of your choice with the purchase of an XBOX 360 HD-DVD player (add – on component) // HD-DVD player price is $199.99 // Free HD-DVD movie value = $59.98

would be good to use the coupon for HD-DVD player, 3 HD movies (King Kong), and the remote.[/quote]

With heroes being HDdvd only i might just sway and get this deal. Anyone advise something thats HDdvd exclusive (other then children of men which i am getting)

When is the last time someone got this to work?

Here is my little adventure today:

Me and a friend went to CC, so he could get the current HD-DVD 360 add-on deal, with 2 free movies, as well as to use the $40 off $200 coupon.

1st the guy helping us said that King Kong was one of the free movies that counted towards the 2 free. We had to show him his own add, that its 2 free movies, up to $59.XX value, in addition to King Kong that comes with the Add-on.

Then at checkout, him and another guy weren’t allowing us our two movies of Batman Begins and Superman Returns. Batman was on sale at $24.XX, and Superman regular at $34.XX. Easily fits the $59.XX value. Well they were saying the computer wouldn’t allow it since Batman was sale, and it should be ringing up at $29.XX instead. WTF?

So then that’s straighten out, and its coupon time. After they scanned it, they said it had already been used! It said the number was already in the system, and wouldn’t allow another use. We made up some shit, about getting it in an email. The manger is here by this time, and asked me if I had the email! Finally he accepts it and does an over ride.

Then my friend was going to use a $10 GC from last weeks deal of buy Command& Conquer 3. He hands the guy the card, but the card is empty! Whoever checked us out last week gave him a blank GC! So now were trying to prove ourselves on that, as they are looking up his pervious purchase history. The computer showed he’d never used it, but now the numbers on the GC and what they had in the system didn’t match up. Manager came back over and approved it.

So 30 min’s later we were out the door, probably never going back.

We joked, that maybe he was black-listed, after participating in the BOGO PC games, last summer :)

I tried using it the other day to buy a few Blu-Rays and some ink cartridges...

Coupon came up as already used when scanned, tried entering manually, coupon came up as used.

Clerk knows me and offered $15 off $100 as a courtesy, but he has NO idea why the coupons don't work anymore..I asked if I got the real thing [from the USPS or a CC credit card statement] if it would work and he said no...he showed me coupons in his cash drawer that looked JUST like mine that had worked previously.

So I'm kind of afraid if this coupon really is dead, there's so many uses for it and it just makes shopping easier...especially with clearance games, new releases, and needs into the picture

The funny thing is these coupons have been around for over 3 years. Only starting last year with all these deal sites posting it, has CC pulled back on this greatly. Oh well another good coupon bites the dust.

[quote name='sarausagi']I tried using it the other day to buy a few Blu-Rays and some ink cartridges...

Coupon came up as already used when scanned, tried entering manually, coupon came up as used.

Clerk knows me and offered $15 off $100 as a courtesy, but he has NO idea why the coupons don't work anymore..I asked if I got the real thing [from the USPS or a CC credit card statement] if it would work and he said no...he showed me coupons in his cash drawer that looked JUST like mine that had worked previously.

So I'm kind of afraid if this coupon really is dead, there's so many uses for it and it just makes shopping easier...especially with clearance games, new releases, and needs into the picture[/quote]

yes the coupon is deal... they also told me that it's used already.

[quote name='shade45']yes the coupon is deal... they also told me that it's used already.[/quote]

I just wanted to let everyone know that I just used this coupon to pick up the HDDVD player for the Xbox 360 so the coupon is still working but based on what others are saying YMMV. (See Below for details)

Actually I had the clerk tell me that they couldn't combine a coupon with the $199 HDDVD deal, but he said he would send me up to the cust serv. desk to make sure. So they rang it up, scanned the coupon and it came up as accepted. When I went to pay apparently the coupon was disallowed though for some reason, (im guessing that you might not be able to combine these two deals like the original clerk told me), but I just said to the guy that I wasn't going to buy it then if the coupon wasn't accepted. So the guy was really nice, he went in and entered the $40 off manually and I got the HDDVD player and 2 DVD's for around $170 including Tax! So I guess some people might just get it to work automatically and some might have to do a little bit of a sell job. Actually it was funny because when I first was rung up and it came out to the origial price the manager called over someone in the back and showed him the price and was like "wow this is a really great deal!" LOL

Great Deal! Thanks for posting these coupons OP!

I just moved and received a new coupon with an expiration date of 6/30/2007. Unfortunately cat + paw + glass+ water = one completely ruined coupon. Hopefully the old one was just tied to a certain number of redemptions and this new one will work again without issue.

Hope someone posts soon.

I think the coupons have individual copoun codes once the code entered its used up, there by you cant use the same copoun twice or somthing, the copoun posteds
code has already been used.

Hence the scanned on does not work

[quote name='webster']I think the coupons have individual copoun codes once the code entered its used up, there by you cant use the same copoun twice or somthing, the copoun posteds
code has already been used.

Hence the scanned on does not work[/quote]

That can't be true as I have personally used the coupon couple of times earlier this month. I think as a previous poster stated it is probably tied to a number of redemptions. Looks like its not dead yet... Hopefully we can use it with the big game clearence coming up.

[quote name='malalrd']That can't be true as I have personally used the coupon couple of times earlier this month. I think as a previous poster stated it is probably tied to a number of redemptions. Looks like its not dead yet... Hopefully we can use it with the big game clearence coming up.[/quote]

i used these several times earlier in the month as well. the coupons are now YMMV and this thread needs to be marked as such.

Sorry to bump this thread back up...

Anyhow, wow, what an AWFUL day I had. Okay, so I ended up buying a Zen Vision W yesterday from Circuit City, and after the cashier looked at the coupon long and hard, he honored it by doing price override because the barcode wouldn’t scan. Cool. All was good and well until I got home. The player wasn’t really what it was cracked up to be—none of the advertised movie formats were supported. Basically you have to reformat most of your video files into a crappy WMV format in order to play them, and there’s a huge drop in quality. I can go into detail about this, but that’s not what my post is really about.

So I went to Circuit City again to exchange the player for something else, since they have that “exchange or return your item even if it’s opened if you’re unsatisfied with it” policy. I decide to exchange it for the Archos 604 player, which just happens to be the same price. It would be a direct exchange…simple enough, right? Wrong. The b*tchy female cashier tells me that I owe $44 dollars. I tell her that I used the coupon the other day, and that they should honor it. She tells me that I can’t reuse the same coupon twice. Then I ask for the manager, and she tells me that he wouldn’t be able to do anything. I tell her that I work in retail, so I know that she has the ability to simply use price override, and in fact, that’s what they did yesterday for my coupon. She tells me it’s not possible and continues to give me an ugly stare. I was holding up the line, and sucked it up by paying the difference.

What makes me angrier is that I have a Circuit City no less than a couple of blocks away from my house. I had to drive to another Circuit City about 7 miles away, two days in a row because my local one didn’t have the players in stock. I’m thinking about going to my local one tomorrow, and ask if I can get the difference back. If not, I'll probably return the player altogether and just get the Cowon A2 player online. It's better than the Zen or Archos anyhow. -_-; What should I do? I really hate stupid employees that don’t know how to keep customers happy. She sure as hell could have honored the coupon again, but instead, chose to be a little pompous b*tch. Sorry for the vulgar language, I’m usually not like this, but I’ve never had such a horrendous shopping experience before.

Dammit, I hope if I print this out that I can use it when my TV they are ordering for me comes in so I can get even more off the sales price of it.

Anybody tried to get BB to honor this? There's a camera that I've been thinking about buying, but none of local (Los Angeles) CC's carry it for some reason.

[quote name='Rook']Anybody tried to get BB to honor this? There's a camera that I've been thinking about buying, but none of local (Los Angeles) CC's carry it for some reason.[/quote]

I couldn't even get Circuit City to honor this. It rang up as already used. I doubt BB would honor it unless you had the authentic coupon. Even then they prolly wouldn't, but hey you could always just lie and say your friend gave it to you when it doesn't ring up like I did.

[quote name='Rook']Anybody tried to get BB to honor this? There's a camera that I've been thinking about buying, but none of local (Los Angeles) CC's carry it for some reason.[/quote]

Yes, I did about 3 weeks ago.

Best Buy has honored it without much trouble at all both times I've tried.

bread's done
Back