CC 42 inch DLP for 899.99

got this for 799 day after thanksgiving. excellent TV, beautiful picture, great for games. i really love it. also one of the few current tvs with 2 hdmi inputs. this version dlp also has built in game mode for lag fix

however this specific model HL-S4266w has a "defect" called black grass.

the screen when completely dark or without a source, appears to have grass fronds(kinda like a handprint) extending on the center top and center bottom. some sets its barely noticable, some it extends across the entire screen. it varies from set to set, and according to Samsung is irrepairable

there are a few threads over at avsforum.com about it.

i got lucky and mine is barely noticable, but it is definitely there

I know, mine is barely noticable as well. The game mode is nice, and overall, not a bad TV. If the "black glass" is too bad, take it back for another within the 30 days.

Also if you purchase a samsung TV before mid Feb, you get a $100 dollar nfl.com gift card as well.

i LOVE this tv. i had a problem unrelated to black grass and when they fixed it, the black grass became barely noticeable.

you seriously can't go wrong with this tv unless you're a video-phile

Good deal; thanks, LordFungus. Anyone know how this TV is for PS2, Xbox, and Wii games? I've heard some HDTVs can make last-gen games look worse, so I want to avoid that.

bread's done
Back