CC $8.48 games (YMMV?)

iceblast21

CAGiversary!
More update: The bins are marked as "50% off - Prices as marked" but another shopper ran back for a game and told me it was 50% off of the marked prices.

I don't personally think that's accurate, BUT since they're MANUALLY ENTERING PRICES INTO THE CASH REGISTER, it's completely possible to head into VH CC and tell them this. (I just wish I had thought of that yesterday! DAMMIT!)

Most of the stuff is GH and Platinum junk. A lot of the better stuff is already gone (No God Hand, Tales of Legendia, MM, or Conkers).

Some games I saw in the bins...
Burn Out 3 (360?) - $4.48
Red Dead Revolver (xbox)- $8.48
MM: Anniversary Collection (xbox) - $6.48
Jade Empire: LE (xbox) - $8.48
Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath (xbox) - $6.48
Half Life 2 (xbox) - $4.48
Hitman 2 (xbox) - $4.48
Hitman: Bloodmoney (PS2) - $8.48

And of course a bunch of crap movie titles and old sports games.

Update: The games all had WHITE STICKERS with HANDWRITTEN prices. And they had to be manually entered into their system.

So these deals must be VERY YMMV. I only found one copy of most of the better games...

I might make a trip to Gurnee Mills to see if their CC has any of these deals (bigger store), but I have a feeling that this is a single store clearing inventory.

I was just at the Vernon Hills, IL CC and I saw a bunch of games in the front (in bins) for $8.48 and less.

Got a copy of Godhand ($8.48!!!) and a copy of Big Mutha Truckers ($4.48).

This sale is probably VERY YMMV, but it's worth a look if any of you have time to check around. Otherwise, try and get to the location I mentioned before the good stuff is gone.

Saw a MM:pOWERED UP (PSP), Conkers (Xbox), PHANTASY STAR ONLINE (360), Death Jr. (PSP), Dragon Ball Budokai (1 and 2), Soul Caliber 3 (PS2), SW Battlefront (PS2), etc. etc. etc.

So some good stuff amongst the crap Powerpuff and Narnia games!
All the GBA Videos are $2.48, so if you want any, you can't beat that price.

GOOD LUCK AND HAPPY HUNTING!!!

[quote name='Vegan']Demo machines are probably more prone to failure since they're running non-stop and they're in enclosed spaces.[/quote]

I bet ya the new 360s (with the extra heat sinks) won't suffer the same death rate. Is it so hard to believe that Microsoft RUSHED the product in order to launch one year ahead of Sony??? That's what I'm believing.

[quote name='iceblast21']I was considering buying an Xbox just for this game. I had it in my hand and took 10 minutes...

Then I thought: is an $8.48 game worth a $130+ purchase??? Ehhh....

The original Conkers was awesome, though...[/quote]

Cheer up! You won't be paying 130 for an xbox! I have seen more Wiis (1) for sale than new xboxes in the last two years and I've looked since my xbox is wonky. You can get one for 70 to 90 used though. By the way, if you do see a new xbox, please let me know!!!:D

I saw these the other day, too, while hunting for the XBLM cards but didn't really notice anything too noteworthy -- if I had seen Godhand I would have flipped out. :) Guess I'll have to go back and check again.

Damn...all my CC has is the gba fzero for $4 in the clearance bins

but I'd say those vids for ~$2.50 are definately worth it (think about it - you can distract almost any kid under 10 with one of those!)

[quote name='Foo228']Damn...all my CC has is the gba fzero for $4 in the clearance bins

but I'd say those vids for ~$2.50 are definately worth it (think about it - you can distract almost any kid under 10 with one of those!)[/QUOTE]

YMMV on the $2.50 GBA videos as my cc they were still $4.99/ $4.96 yesterday. God Hand was $16.96. Monster Bomber (DS) $4.96

[quote name='kklems']YMMV on the $2.50 GBA videos as my cc they were still $4.99/ $4.96 yesterday. God Hand was $16.96. Monster Bomber (DS) $4.96[/quote]

Yeah, I'd say you'll only see these prices at one CC - Vernon Hills, IL.

And unfortunately, by the time you get there, most of the good stuff will be gone. I only saw ONE God Hand when I first went, and that was a no-brainer buy!

I foolishly hoped the bins would somehow replenish themselves between Sat. and today... but no go.

Only head over if you want some GBA Videos, kiddy movie games, and junk that won't sell at full price anymore.

A lot of the games were pretty old, too. I saw some sports games from 2005.

[quote name='jodyanthony']I was just at the Vernon Hills, IL CC yesterday as well! Did they have more copies of God Hand? I'll go pick one up over my lunch break if they do[/quote]

Wow, I went to junior high in Vernon Hills back in the day, I didn't realize how popular this website is becoming!

I went today, no Godhand. There was a copy of Tony Hawk: Downhill Jam for the DS that was $16.96 though. I don't have that much disposable cash at the moment.

Other than that, just a bargain bin filled with sports games and Gun.

[quote name='kklems']YMMV on the $2.50 GBA videos as my cc they were still $4.99/ $4.96 yesterday. God Hand was $16.96. Monster Bomber (DS) $4.96[/quote]

[quote name='iceblast21']Yeah, I'd say you'll only see these prices at one CC - Vernon Hills, IL.
[/quote]

ahh man

guess ill just wait til whenever they want to sell them at my CC and til they clearance those out :cool:

bread's done
Back