CC Ad Mistake - Madden 08/NCAA 08 (PS3 or 360) 22.49 each! (YMMV)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmendro

CAGiversary!
Ok, the ad this morning in the paper has two different ads for Madden 08 and NCAA 08 for 360 and PS3. One page has it for 22.49 and the other 59.99. Take the 22.49 to any store that will price match Circuit City and you will get either or both for 22.49. I took the ad to the BB in Crystal Lake, IL and got both for a total of 47.56 out the door. I didn't have my Reward coupons or they'd be cheaper. Of course since it's price matching, YMMV.

Credit to slickdeals Hotdeals forum.

[quote name='dmendro']
Credit to slickdeals Hotdeals forum.[/QUOTE]
Which they probably jacked from Speedy's ad thread posted a week ago.

If I go get this price matched at best buy then return at Walmart as a gift that is $90. :)

Think it would work?

[quote name='SAVAGE5']If I go get this price matched at best buy then return at Walmart as a gift that is $90. :)

Think it would work?[/QUOTE]
If you like return fraud.

GTFO, assbag.

Don't even bother with CC i'd go straight to Walmart if you want to get this since BB might call. I walked into CC to PM Monster Madness from yesterday and grab a couple Call of Juarez and the gal working in games came up and told me there was a mistake in the ad about Madden and NCAA and that she wanted my body.

[quote name='SAVAGE5']If I go get this price matched at best buy then return at Walmart as a gift that is $90. :)

Think it would work?[/quote]

Yep, should work.

Good idea. :)

I just got the Madden 08 PM at WalMart, it took a 10 minute huddle at the electronics dept for them to PM me.

[quote name='gsugator']I just got the Madden 08 PM at WalMart, it took a 10 minute huddle at the electronics dept for them to PM me.[/quote]
I had the same experience PMing Monster Madness. I suggest grabbing a cart and piling lots of shiny expensive looking shit in it. Just work your way torwards electronics piling a cart up. It's harder for them to say no to a customer who is spending a few hundred than some sucker trying to score just a cheap game. Pay for the game in electronics as you have more shopping to do then ditch the cart. Walmart employees need more stuff to restock.. :cool:

idiot...

i tried at 3 different wal-marts.

each of which had employees in electornics that were smart enough to deny me :(

if any1 got the price match on madden 08 or ncaa football 08 for the 360 and wanna sell them to me...send me a pm or email :D

[quote name='$hady']Don't even bother with CC i'd go straight to Walmart if you want to get this since BB might call. I walked into CC to PM Monster Madness from yesterday and grab a couple Call of Juarez and the gal working in games came up and told me there was a mistake in the ad about Madden and NCAA and that she wanted my body.[/quote]

I LOLed at the unexpected end of that story.

[quote name='ICEPICC']My BB doesnt PM items on sale. They said they only PM the list price not a special price. fuck

does anybody else get that fuck ?[/quote]

That's a lie...what the hell is the point of PM on a regular priced item?

TBW

fraud, i hopeu get caught

Think it would work?[/QUOTE]

Ehh.. why even post that? Darn newbie.

Success in San Diego at BB!!! Someone cleared out the WM next door, as the whole row was filled with EA Sports except for one section, which had a label for Madden 08!!! Went to BB next door, got the PM on two copies, had a manager key in her password for each PM, and out the door I go!!!!

[quote name='ICEPICC']My BB doesnt PM items on sale. They said they only PM the list price not a special price. fuck

That is complete BS. BB PMs because they our supposed to be the “Best Buy.”

No cc ad in the ny times. Mustve pulled it. Anybody with an la times have a higher quality scan than the one on slickdeals.

-Mike

[quote name='Rouzhokuu']Doesn't matter where it came from, as long as people know about it.[/QUOTE]

That's bulls**t. Speedy broke this deal for the CAG community more than a week ago. Now people are making dupe threads and giving credit where none is due, acting as though this is news.

Props to Speedy for bringing us the scoop as early as he did.

I'm going to go try this today. Had held off of Madden because of the steep price tag, but can't pass up on this offer.

Went to CC in Rego Park, NY and picked up the last copy of NCAA 2008 for 360 for $22.49. It registered as $49 so I pulled out the CC ad I got from the Daily News today. Cashier quickly PM'd it.

[quote name='Arkay Firestar']That's bulls**t. Speedy broke this deal for the CAG community more than a week ago. Now people are making dupe threads and giving credit where none is due, acting as though this is news.

Props to Speedy for bringing us the scoop as early as he did.[/quote]

Don't be an asshole. I credited Slickdeals because I saw it there. I didn't see anyone post it here. If speedy posted it, I haven't seen it. I just went back 4 pages and found this post from early this morning that got buried in about an hour, but none from Speedy.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=164054

If you mean that speedy has it in one of his CC December Week of XX to XX VG Prices posts, sorry, I don't read them because I get the actual ads themselves emailed to me from the stores.

Slickdeals is where I spotted it, I checked here didn't see it posted so I threw it up. Looks like alot of people have benefitted from it already.

Bah humbug on you Mr. Grinch.

[quote name='JJSP']Which they probably jacked from Speedy's ad thread posted a week ago.[/quote]

If it's buried in a thread with about 100 other Video Game deals, my apologies, but I don't read his posts up there. This is not a usual ad anyways, so it deserves it's own thread. I acknowledged where I spotted it.

Hmmm, I wanted to try this at Sears but the guy said he had to veify the price on the internet.

I might have to try Best Buy or Wal-Mart.

I tried my cc but no madden were to be found. So I went next door to BB and got the pm on madden ps3 thanks speedy I mean OP

It's in his post and he lists it as a mis-print but as a possible thing to argue over.

To quote his post, up over a week now:
Madden NFL ’08 >>>> PS3 / 360 Looks like misprint to fight over // EXACT same game pictured on page # 11 for $59.99 // ooohhh CC’s gonna hate me for this one…… This error’s on Page #10 ……. Speedy1961

Circuit City had a retraction posted 2 hours after the store opened. So I went to the BB literally around the corner, who called CC, CC told them it was 59.99, BB lady told them to check their own ad, person on phone apparently said "Oh, it is $22.49", BB price matched it. Also got COJ and MM at BB. Not even going to bother with Circuit City anymore. The "mistakes" they make with the intention of getting people to come to the stores has gotten kinda annoying. Best Buy will have my business from now on.

Hmmm... Anybody know what these are trading for at FYE, Gamerush, and Gamestop?

Wiki hasn't been updated or has no list at all for the values.

[quote name='$hady']I had the same experience PMing Monster Madness. I suggest grabbing a cart and piling lots of shiny expensive looking shit in it. Just work your way torwards electronics piling a cart up. It's harder for them to say no to a customer who is spending a few hundred than some sucker trying to score just a cheap game. Pay for the game in electronics as you have more shopping to do then ditch the cart. Walmart employees need more stuff to restock.. :cool:[/quote]

Uh, no. When it gets to this item you will have to get a CSR override because it is too big of a difference so it isn't going to "sneak by". You still might get the match but not because of what you say to do ;) EDIT: re-reading maybe you mean even with a CSR override they will see how good a customer you are and let you get by with it, I guess you may be right.

[quote name='Rouzhokuu']Doesn't matter where it came from, as long as people know about it.[/QUOTE]

Bullshit. It does matter. It's like if you wrote a book and suddenly everyone's quoting something from said book and claiming that they made it up themselves.

I'm happy that your opinion is a small minority here or else people like Speedy would be discouraged from posting deals.

Actually, this isn't a mistake. CC just like a lot of retailers has the EA Sports lineup for 08 on sale for the holiday season so this isn't a mistake but most other retailers limited this to the current generation version of these titles.

[quote name='NukedeH']Went to CC in Rego Park, NY and picked up the last copy of NCAA 2008 for 360 for $22.49. It registered as $49 so I pulled out the CC ad I got from the Daily News today. Cashier quickly PM'd it.[/quote]

hmmmm...seems I not the only CAG in the elmhurst area after all.....

[quote name='cdeener']Actually, this isn't a mistake. CC just like a lot of retailers has the EA Sports lineup for 08 on sale for the holiday season so this isn't a mistake but most other retailers limited this to the current generation version of these titles.[/quote]

its a huge mistake. one page it says 59.99 and the other 22.49? yea...no mistake.

[quote name='dmendro']If it's buried in a thread with about 100 other Video Game deals, my apologies, but I don't read his posts up there. This is not a usual ad anyways, so it deserves it's own thread. I acknowledged where I spotted it.[/QUOTE]

No, it's not buried under a 100 threads or other videogame deals. Don't lie. It's at the top of the Video Game Deals forum under a sticky topic. The title is, "Target / CC / Best Buy Video Game Prices: December 16 - December 22, 2007." There's no way for it to be any more obvious. Anyone here can do CTRL+F, type "Madden" and pull up the right deal in that thread.

The link:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=162654

This is what you should have done after everyone pointed it out to you: if you were truly sincere, then you would've posted a link to his thread with the original deal, and give him credit. Instead, you decided it wasn't worth your effort.

You could've handled it differently once you found out, but you didn't. It's kind of disappointing.

Pathetic.

does anybody else get that fuck ?[/QUOTE]

My Walmart does the same thing. It's pointless to PM anything there.

I have had two Circuit City's deny me a price match outright once, and then another time on a "sale item." Needless to say, I drove down the street to BB and picked up said item both times.

The last time I PMed an error at BB it went off without a hitch (Daxter PSP slim bundle). I may have to try the same store for this one.

yeah, that IS BS. i would try and get a pm with someone else.

[quote name='kaniball']its a huge mistake. one page it says 59.99 and the other 22.49? yea...no mistake.[/QUOTE]

I think they meant it just for the Xbox/PS2 and someone got a bit trigger happy and used the wrong system listings.

But yeah, I think CC is having intentional mistakes now.

[quote name='opportunity777']No, it's not buried under a 100 threads or other videogame deals. Don't lie. It's at the top of the Video Game Deals forum under a sticky topic. The title is, "Target / CC / Best Buy Video Game Prices: December 16 - December 22, 2007." There's no way for it to be any more obvious. Anyone here can do CTRL+F, type "Madden" and pull up the right deal in that thread.

The link:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=162654

This is what you should have done after everyone pointed it out to you: if you were truly sincere, then you would've posted a link to his thread with the original deal, and give him credit. Instead, you decided it wasn't worth your effort.

You could've handled it differently once you found out, but you didn't. It's kind of disappointing.

Pathetic.

My Walmart does the same thing. It's pointless to PM anything there.

I have had two Circuit City's deny me a price match outright once, and then another time on a "sale item." Needless to say, I drove down the street to BB and picked up said item both times.[/quote]

dudes, so the guy posted a price that someone else posted. whether or not that's intentional, we'll never know. but the fact of the matter is is that EVERYONE who has seen THIS thread knows that someone else has already posted it, and that the op #1 deserves the credit. so let's just move on and play nice. less fighting, more gaming!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back