CC advantage protection plan - thoughts?

MadChedar0

CAGiversary!
For those CAGs that have purchased the Circuit City "advantage protection plan", how good is the service?

Is it really hassle free, do they just get you a replacement unit or cut you a gift card? I have a TV that could be covered and I'm wondering how good CC is about honoring this service.

Thanks guys.

have one on my lab top and had the hard drive go out in the summer. Sent it to them they sent it to Toshiba which replaced the mother board but not the hard drive, got it back and of course it still didn't work. Called them again, sent it in, and they replaced the hard drive. It all my lap top was gone for a good 2 & 1/2 months. At one point I told them that I would rather just get a gift card and not have to deal with them again, but the CS person told me that they wouldn't do that.

[quote name='MadChedar0']For those CAGs that have purchased the Circuit City "advantage protection plan", how good is the service?

Is it really hassle free, do they just get you a replacement unit or cut you a gift card? I have a TV that could be covered and I'm wondering how good CC is about honoring this service.

Thanks guys.[/quote]

I have one for each of my TV's. My 40" LCD had some problems last summer, called them on a Saturday, tech was out that week (from a local shop) and came back in several days with the parts.

That fix didn't take, so they ordered more parts and were back in another week to fix it with a new panel. All said and done, they replaced just about everything in my TV in less than 3 weeks. The receipts that I got from the calls were for a total of $2500 for a TV that I only paid $1500 for. The TV has been fine since then.

As expensive as it was for the plan, it was totally worth it. If I didn't have the plan, then I would have a very expensive paperweight.

TBW

bread's done
Back