CC announcing PS3 GH's for $29.99 (7/27 ad?) with scan of games page of CC ad

AoA

Ace of Aces
I didn't find this myself but found a link to it and didn't see one here at CAG.

http://www.ps3fanboy.com/photos/us-greatest-hits-ad/916460/full/

along with this

http://www.ps3fanboy.com/2008/07/12/kmart-ad-reveals-possible-us-greatest-hits/

I'm guessing the week of July 27th? since Soul Calibur IV is listed coming out on Tuesday (the 29th I believe)

PS3 Warhawk 29.99
PS3 Motorstrom 29.99
PS3 RFOM 29.99

Turns out 360 Space Chimps is also on sale for 29.99
PS2 RockBand is 99.99
PSP Lego Indy is 29.99
PSP FF7AC(?) is 29.99

Did I scoop Speedy by blind dumb luck and having no life that I'm surfing the web on a sunny day?

Last edited by a moderator:
Being a new PS3 owner who only has 2 games so far (MGS4 bundled with my system and Ratchet & Clank) I am thrilled to see some greatest hits games coming along. I am going to grab Resistence and Motorstorm for sure. I was hoping for more games in the Greatest Hits lineup but you have to start somewhere I guess.

Today I will be picking up a used copy of Heavenly Sword, which is the current Gamestop Used Deal of the Week. I tried to find one at the Target near me in the clearance section, but they had absolutely nothing on the shelves.

[quote name='micro44']Being a new PS3 owner who only has 2 games so far (MGS4 bundled with my system and Ratchet & Clank) I am thrilled to see some greatest hits games coming along. I am going to grab Resistence and Motorstorm for sure. I was hoping for more games in the Greatest Hits lineup but you have to start somewhere I guess.

Today I will be picking up a used copy of Heavenly Sword, which is the current Gamestop Used Deal of the Week. I tried to find one at the Target near me in the clearance section, but they had absolutely nothing on the shelves.[/quote]

Don't forget to try and print up a copy of the current 25% off any PS3 game coupon to use with it, since that(combined with the EDGE card) will knocked off $11 something from the price.

It's nice to see that the box art for PS3 Greatest Hits don't look like complete crap. Nothing seems to be cut off, and no bright and obnoxious stripe colors. Better yet, it's not just a scaled down version of the original box art.

I'm hoping to score Warhawk with the headset... I was going to pay whatever it would be with the Lamestop coupon, but I don't see why a few stores wouldn't go ahead and mark it down to $29 to clear out the old bundle. At this point in the life cycle, copies aren't exactly flying off of shelves @ full MSRP... and for every one copy of the bundle, shelf space would allow for 3 or maybe 4 copies of another game. Why not just go ahead and clear them out?

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Don't forget to try and print up a copy of the current 25% off any PS3 game coupon to use with it, since that(combined with the EDGE card) will knocked off $11 something from the price.[/quote]
It won't apply to Heavenly Sword because Heavenly Sword is the used deal of the week. Edge card will stack but 25% off coupon will not since $30 is already a discount price with its own promotion code. The system won't allow stack 2 promotion codes.

[quote name='Error404']It's nice to see that the box art for PS3 Greatest Hits don't look like complete crap. Nothing seems to be cut off, and no bright and obnoxious stripe colors. Better yet, it's not just a scaled down version of the original box art.[/quote]

thank you! thats what I'm saying. I know that GH always throw off collections but these greatest hits are pretty sexy. first off there is only a slight "greatest hits" line at the top of the art with the actual case being the biggest symbol. so you could always switch out those cases. and i gotta be honest i like the see through red more than say a see through blu, which looks so very cartoony. so yeah I'm digging Sony on this design, pretty much the best we could hope for, and leagues beyond those hideous platinum hits. Microsoft punishes those that buy platinum hits (just like on the original xbox)

[quote name='emeraldgsl']Same here. also got Warhawk for $20 after 25% off coupon and edge. Buying used at GS would save everyone here $$$$ and would not have to settle for HD-DVD look alike cases. Oh yeah and obiously Blu-Ray discs don't scratch up. So finiding a good disc is always the case.[/quote]

I'd rather use a %10 off coupon at Best Buy and support the developer instead of GS. Am I being ridiculous? I guess I am not being as cheap as possible.

If not for the fact that HD-DVD was defeated, I don't think Sony would use a case in the vicinity of that shade of red :lol:

Now I wonder if Sony would change the disc artwork too for the GH line.

[quote name='Chacrana']Man, these are some piss-poor games to call "greatest hits"...[/quote]
LoL :applause: Couldnt have said it better myself. Wheres Heavenly Sword, or Drakes Fortune? I mean come on, seriously...

Also, are the games going to come in the old PSX cases, to save on costs and shelf space? :lol:
Resistance-Great.jpg

[quote name='BlizzardCyclone']LoL :applause: Couldnt have said it better myself. Wheres Heavenly Sword, or Drakes Fortune? I mean come on, seriously...

Also, are the games going to come in the old PSX cases, to save on costs and shelf space? :lol:
Resistance-Great.jpg
[/quote]

just wow...:roll:

LoL :applause: Couldnt have said it better myself. Wheres Heavenly Sword, or Drakes Fortune? I mean come on, seriously...

As others have said, GH/PH/PC have never been, nor will they ever be, about the best games. It's about the games that have sold very well, but are no longer moving well enough at the current price.

From Sony's E3 press conference
Other Greatest Hits PS3 titles

Call of Duty 3
Fight Night
Need for Speed Carbon
Rainbow Six Vegas
Assassin's Creed
Oblivion
Ninja Gaiden

[quote name='K_G']From Sony's E3 press conference

Call of Duty 3
Fight Night
Need for Speed Carbon
Rainbow Six Vegas
Assassin's Creed
Oblivion
Ninja Gaiden[/QUOTE]

I believe all of those are at the $30 price point already so I guess it makes sense. One could hope they could kick these down to $20 but I highly doubt it.

[quote name='mykevermin']1) No.

2) Ha. It's the same shade of red, it appears. :lol:

I'll hunt down a copy of RFOM before the GH cases flood the market. Yech, I'm oneathem OCD types that hates GH/PH/whatever the fuck Nintendo calls their bullshit price drops that don't exist on titles packaging. I have fewer than 10 games out of several hundred that are GH - and those that are are out of necessity (DMC3 SE, Virtua Fighter 4 Evo, etc.).[/QUOTE]

obsessive much?

Call of Duty 3
Fight Night
Need for Speed Carbon
Rainbow Six Vegas
Assassin's Creed
Oblivion
Ninja Gaiden[/quote]

Heh, my local Target has CoD3, NFS:C, & Oblivion for $30 (Clearance), and haven't budged on the prices in months. Guess they got the press release early :p j/k

Call of Duty 3
Fight Night
Need for Speed Carbon
Rainbow Six Vegas
Assassin's Creed
Oblivion
Ninja Gaiden[/QUOTE]

No R & C? ...Maybe I should just pick this one up used from gamestop with the 25% off coupon this week...

[quote name='mykevermin']I have fewer than 10 games out of several hundred that are GH - and those that are are out of necessity (DMC3 SE, Virtua Fighter 4 Evo, etc.).[/QUOTE]

DMC3 SE has a black label version.

A pic straight from Kotaku.com, from KMarts upcoming weekly ad. Resistance: Fall of Man, Motorstorm, Warhawk, Call of Duty 3, Fight Night and Need For Speed: Carbon will be the first to join Sony's Greatest Hits for PlayStation 3.
kmart_01.jpg

those red covers are ugly. hate the color and the playstation 3 lettering all over it. they should have never messed with how the spine was with the original ps2 games.

[quote name='Smallville123']obsessive much?[/quote]

Nope he isn't enough. DMC3 Special Edition is available without GH packaging- looking at my nice case right now :D

Too bad Oblivion isn't the GOTY edition, the normal version has been $30 for a long time now.

[quote name='forumreader']DMC3 SE has a black label version.[/quote]

Not in the U.S. it doesn't. I don't know about other countries, but in the U.S. the greatest release version of DMC3 was upgraded to DMC:Special Edition. This is why there's no Greatest Hits version of DMC3 and no black label version of DMC:SE.

[quote name='GuardianE']Not in the U.S. it doesn't. I don't know about other countries, but in the U.S. the greatest release version of DMC3 was upgraded to DMC:Special Edition. This is why there's no Greatest Hits version of DMC3 and no black label version of DMC:SE.[/quote]

youre dead wrong. they did release a dmc3se WITH black label in the US. i happen to have a copy from my collection

[quote name='Vitality X']

youre dead wrong. they did release a dmc3se WITH black label in the US. i happen to have a copy from my collection[/quote]

After doing a quick google search, a quote from this forum says:
"You can also try to find it used at GamStop, that's how I got my copy... Just make sure they don't give you the GH disc. ;)
If you need a new copy, only way is through eBay or the DMC 3-Pack (and other places if you're lucky, like CAG of course!)"

So, I guess I'm wrong. But since this Black Label has no UPC, was released much later than the original release, and is not sold individually (except used or on eBay) you can see why I was mistaken. Stuff like this rarely happens. Before the 3-pack was released, there was no black label.

[quote name='BlizzardCyclone']Negative. :nottalking: The game was out for awhile under the black label, and as a single pack, not the 3 pack you speak of.[/quote]

Are you sure? In the U.S.? Does anyone have any pictures of this standalone title? I can't find anything about it online and every article I read says that "Special Edition to be soon released as discounted Greatest Hits."

Wikipedia reads this:
"Devil May Cry 3: Special Edition was released on January 24, 2006 for US$19.99 as part of the PlayStation 2 Greatest Hits Collection. It was later confirmed that the PlayStation 2 version of the game would also be released in Europe.[50]"

And I know I read the same on IGN and Gamespot when the title was announced.

I also bought the game when it was very new.

This forum:
http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5755&start=10&sid=b622900e9c62c5d76cc12f82a063d63c

"If you look on the back of the cover lower left hand corner you will see "part of a set not for individual sale" meaning it was part of the Devil May Collection that came out last year or so they are not uncommon and I see them at the store all the time. When I bought my SE when it first came out it was before that set came out and only red labels were made. If you find a black label that doesn't have that "not for resale" on the back you will be a rich person because you will have the only copy in the world."

also supports this theory. The DMC3 Special Edition Black Label was never released individually on U.S. shores.

Last edited by a moderator:
so does this mean that warhawk is now $30 w/the GH collection, that the old one will drop in price till they are cleared out?

[quote name='purbeast']so does this mean that warhawk is now $30 w/the GH collection, that the old one will drop in price till they are cleared out?[/quote]

Yes. Older copies of the game will more than likely have "GH" stickers placed on them, which is what has been done in the past.

[quote name='Chacrana']Man, these are some piss-poor games to call "greatest hits"...[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that's it, let your blinding love of the 360 hide the fact that your missing out on three GREAT games here...

[quote name='GuardianE']Are you sure? In the U.S.? Does anyone have any pictures of this standalone title? I can't find anything about it online and every article I read says that "Special Edition to be soon released as discounted Greatest Hits."

Wikipedia reads this:
"Devil May Cry 3: Special Edition was released on January 24, 2006 for US$19.99 as part of the PlayStation 2 Greatest Hits Collection. It was later confirmed that the PlayStation 2 version of the game would also be released in Europe.[50]"

And I know I read the same on IGN and Gamespot when the title was announced.

I also bought the game when it was very new.

This forum:
http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5755&start=10&sid=b622900e9c62c5d76cc12f82a063d63c

"If you look on the back of the cover lower left hand corner you will see "part of a set not for individual sale" meaning it was part of the Devil May Collection that came out last year or so they are not uncommon and I see them at the store all the time. When I bought my SE when it first came out it was before that set came out and only red labels were made. If you find a black label that doesn't have that "not for resale" on the back you will be a rich person because you will have the only copy in the world."

also supports this theory. The DMC3 Special Edition Black Label was never released individually on U.S. shores.[/quote]
I know for a fact when DMC3:SE came out, it was out with a GH red label. I know since a friend of mine played that game to death when it came out. I never heard of an individually released black labeled copy of DMC3:SE until the three-pack out. In fact I remember when the 3 pack came out, quite a few people made a big deal about DMC3:SE having a black label.

On topic, Uncharted is a touch over 8 months old. Games don't drop to Greatest Hits THAT fast. I'm sure it'll be part of the next batch of GH along with Heavenly Sword and Ratchet&Clank.

bread's done
Back