CC/BBY/Target DVD/CD Sales (11/28-12/4) - FULL AD SCANS

Demolition Man

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
Okay same routine as last week meaning full ad scans. I'll post my comments after posting all the ads.

(Note: I'm just copy and pasting the URLs directly off of their respected websites, so that explains why everything for that page is there instead of just the DVD and CD sales)

CIRCUIT CITY

041128_26_et452.jpg

041128_27_et452.jpg

041128_28_et452.jpg

041128_29_et452.jpg

041128_30_et452.jpg

CircuitCity.com shows $14.99 on Spiderman 2.

041128_31_et452.jpg

Looks to be a pretty cutthroat week as far as DVD and CD sales are concerned. No real clear winning ad this week as each store has at least one good deal that outbeats the others.

Best Buy wins the Spiderman 2 deal award, tho the bonus exclusive disc is most likely a bust as 99% of those end up being fluff stuff that you'll quickly forget about 2 minutes after watching.

Target wins on the Adam Sandler collection, $15.99 is a steal for those two. Tho I'll take that extra 10% off with a price match at CC with no problem. :D

Circuit City's biggest winner this week is both the Jay-Z/Linkin Park CD at $9.99 as well as the both the $5.99 and 2 for 20 DVDs. Tho the $5.99 deal is nothing new title wise for the most part, if you still haven't gotten "Mars Attacks" or "Kiss The Girls" then its all good. Plus the 2 for $20 deal is hard to pass up (so glad I watied a bit on "Resident Evil").

Good luck and good shopping everyone this week. :D

Crap, somehow I missed BBY's 2 for 20 sale on those Christmas titles. I got nearly every Christmas title I desire to own outside of "National Lampoon Christmas" but honestly there is the 2 pack for $20 that has both the first and second ones in it.

Still pretty good. Damn I might break my never shop at BBY vow and grab a few of them (as my CC doesn't have some of those titles).

[quote name='juicedup1']Frailty, for $5.99 a CC is a good buy. Really like the movie![/quote]

I've never seen it myself. What movies is it comparable to?

[quote name='petewhitley']Santa vs. The Snowmen 3D ($9.99 Target) is a killer movie. That was not a joke, it really is.[/quote]

I would only call it "killer" if there was blood, guts, gore, tits, ass, and more of all that in it. If it has none... then its not "killer" enough for me. :lol:

call of duty for $37.88 at target is a hell of a deal. that game is great and you can always price match it somewhere for that.

[quote name='biggestinuyashafan']call of duty for $37.88 at target is a hell of a deal. that game is great and you can always price match it somewhere for that.[/quote]

same w/ the metroid prime 2, I should've waited.

FRAILTY

Synopsis

Actor Bill Paxton made his directorial debut with Frailty. The bulk of the story is told through flashbacks, as a mysterious man (Matthew McConaughey) tells a terrible tale to an FBI agent (Powers Boothe) investigating the "God's Hand" serial killer case. The man grew up in a small town in Texas, where he and his brother lived a bucolic life with their kindhearted widower father (Paxton). One night, the father awakens the two boys, Fenton (Matthew O'Leary) and Adam (Jeremy Sumpter), and tells them he's had a vision, and God has chosen him and his sons to help Him slay demons who walk the earth in human form. He tells the boys they can never tell anyone about this task. Before long, he comes home from work with a list of names that he claims an angel has given to him. He then begins abducting people, bringing them home, one by one, and having the boys watch while he lays his hands on them. After having proven, to his mind, that they are demons and not human, he chops them up with an axe while the boys look on. Young Adam is eager to participate, seeing his family as "kind of like superheroes," while the older Fenton is distraught, believing that his father has lost his mind. He contemplates running away, but is reluctant to leave his little brother behind. Eventually, he goes to the authorities, which results in disaster. As he tells the story, McConaughey takes Boothe out to the public rose garden near his old home, where he claims his brother, the "God's Hand" killer, buried the bodies. Paxton dramatizes the mayhem while leaving almost all of the gore offscreen, and Brent Hanley's script leaves the true motives of several characters unclear until the very end. ~ Josh Ralske, All Movie Guide

[quote name='petewhitley']Santa vs. The Snowmen 3D ($9.99 Target) is a killer movie. That was not a joke, it really is.[/quote]

This is the movie that Steve Oedekerk did, right? If I liked all his other stuff, would I like this?

[quote name='Saucy Jack'][quote name='petewhitley']Santa vs. The Snowmen 3D ($9.99 Target) is a killer movie. That was not a joke, it really is.[/quote]

This is the movie that Steve Oedekerk did, right? If I liked all his other stuff, would I like this?[/quote]

Yes. i saw it when it was first aired on tv, its cool.

[quote name='Saucy Jack'][quote name='petewhitley']Santa vs. The Snowmen 3D ($9.99 Target) is a killer movie. That was not a joke, it really is.[/quote]

This is the movie that Steve Oedekerk did, right? If I liked all his other stuff, would I like this?[/quote]

No, it's a lot more kiddieish, I didn't like it.

[quote name='skcll']a christmas story for $13. i think i'll get it.[/quote]

I would pass if I were you on that edition and hunt down the 2 disc Special Edfition instead. Much better picture and sound, Widescreen to boot (the single disc is P&S), and plenty of good extras too including a feature with interviews with the people who played the kids in the film (interesting to see them as growns ups after watching the film).

Well worth hunting for. :D

I know I should judge DVDs on actual content, but I would have trouble buying a 37 minute DVD. Also, it is cheaper at DDD.

bread's done
Back