[CC]Creative Zen Nano Plus 1GB MP3 player $70

salmonaxxx

CAGiversary!
http://www.circuitcity.com/ccd/prod...broadvision.session.new=Yes&BV_UseBVCookie=No

$69.99
1 GB flash memory
LCD screen, USB 2.0
FM radio with 32 presets
Voice recorder w/built in microphone and line-in port
MP3, WAV and WMA support with Plays For Sure
Uses 1 AAA battery, 18 hours battery life

I'm looking for something cheap to use on commutes, and this would fit the bill. I don't mind that it uses batteries, but in the manual, it says it only supports MP3s up to 320kbps (I could convert them, but it'd be a hassle). Anybody have experience with this MP3 player? How does it compare with other players in this price range?

What bit rate do you rip at, that 320kbps isn't enough? The most I rip at is 256, sometimes 192, and most stuff you download is no higher than 192.
Walmart has a 1GB player for 68.43, but most of their others are closer to 100, so 70 seems like a reasonable price.

I have this player and it's a great no-nonsense player. Last over 10-15 hours on a single AAA battery. The radio reception is surprisingly good (not great but tolerable). Great jogging companion. The battery door is loose on mine but this isn't an issue since it comes with a rubber case/belt clip that I always use. It's flash based so no skipping. You need a USB mini cable (it comes with one) to use it, so it isn't good as a USB drive by itself.

It beats the iPod shuffle (no screen, no radio). I also prefer regular batteries since they're cheaper to replace than proprietary ones.

Sound quality and interface beats SanDisks.

Don't know about the new Samsungs, though. Those look nice but don't know much about them.

bread's done
Back