CC Has Ps3 60gb & 20Gb Instock

Haha, looks like you can remove the items you don't want from the bundle in your cart.

Edit: Oh you can't remove the game, but the adapter and controller you can. Sucks if you want the 60gig but hate sports games.

[quote name='Damian']Haha, looks like you can remove the items you don't want from the bundle in your cart.[/QUOTE]
Its weird. When you try and remove the game that comes bundled it also removes the ps3. So I guess you can only remove accessories.

Not the game on the 20GB model at least. Call of Duty 3 is good though. I want the memory card reader, so that's no big deal.

Is PS3 demand getting that stagnant already? The EBay prices for these things are hovering right at the retail price with a tiny bit of markup. Crazy.

If anyone actually wants one of these you can remove all the accessories except 1 game. You can take that game back to CC and exchange or get a refund no problem. I did this with the 360 last year.

It's over.

[quote name='Gadgetron']Glad to see the ps3 is going to fail. I will pass because its a bundle.[/QUOTE]

Wow. How much is wrong with this?

1) The PS3 is not "going to fail", and why would you think that based on a store selling it?
2) Why would you be "glad" it's "going to fail". Very strange.
3) It's just bundled with a single game you can return.

Here's a stupid question, the PS3 console comes with a BR dvd right? The reason i asked, the PS3 box doesn't say anything about a BR dvd included...

Do you mean a Blu Ray drive? That's standard (it's just called Blu Ray though, not Blu Ray DVD).

If you mean an actual Blu Ray movie, the first 500,000 or so came with Talidiga Nights (probably misspelled), but apparently many new units are showing up without that now.

[quote name='Gadgetron']Glad to see the ps3 is going to fail. I will pass because its a bundle.[/QUOTE]
If you're glad it's going to fail, wouldn't you pass for that reason? Would you otherwise have bought it if it wasn't a bundle?

Im curious to know why people pass because "its a bundle". All you have to do is take the game back to Circuit City for a refund. Although I guess if youre not near a Circuit City then its bad.

[quote name='Wolfpup']Do you mean a Blu Ray drive? That's standard (it's just called Blu Ray though, not Blu Ray DVD).

If you mean an actual Blu Ray movie, the first 500,000 or so came with Talidiga Nights (probably misspelled), but apparently many new units are showing up without that now.[/quote]

Ah, i see, thanks for the quick answer, yes, that's what exactly i was asking about, the BR dvd movie about racing.

I guess the PS3 i got from GS last week doesn't come with the BR movie then (the box doesn't say and i don't think it's part of first 500,000 units). Oh, i haven't open the box yet, wait till Christmas :)

[quote name='Serpentor']Here's a stupid question, the PS3 console comes with a BR dvd right? The reason i asked, the PS3 box doesn't say anything about a BR dvd included...[/QUOTE]
Are you referring to the free Talladega Nights movie? That was only in the launch boxes as far as I know.

[quote name='Damian']Are you referring to the free Talladega Nights movie? That was only in the launch boxes as far as I know.[/quote]

Yes, that's what i'm referring to, the BR movie... So, does the launch console boxes indicate the included BR movie? Or better yet, how can i tell the unit i got last week is indeed part of the first 500,000 units? Probably not, but... Damn, i should just rip open the box and find out myself.

If you mean an actual Blu Ray movie, the first 500,000 or so came with Talidiga Nights (probably misspelled), but apparently many new units are showing up without that now.

Good...I can't imagine a lamer movie than that being bundled...except for maybe Lords of Dogtown which they bundle with the "deluxe" PSP. And for that garbage, they actually charge you more!

At least they didn't charge more for the Talladega Nights BRD with the PS3...but the least they could do is give you a half decent movie.

I miss the days of the GREAT systems that came with an awesome, like the NES, SNES, and even the Genesis had a fun game. Of course they shouldn't give away the best game on the system with it, but still...throw in a quality game or an instant rebate to get one free.

I'm pretty damn tired of these bare bones consoles, or worse, these forced bundles the stores make you get. Fry's is selling the PS3 this morning with 9 shitty games for like $1200!!!

The boxes that include that movie have a sticker on the outside if I'm remembering right. They weren't just the launch ones, but they're probably pretty much all sold through now.

Not a great movie obviously, but for free I would have watched it. It got two thumbs up I think.

Ah, NES, my first video game console... sure bring back memories :)

I still got it in the basement, Duck Hunt/Mario Brothers and some other games, not sure they still works.

The funny thing is, back then, i played all sort of crappy games and i enjoyed them (don't laugh, Amazon for NES, and yes, i beat it!). They were all freaking impossible to beat too... Anyway, things are way different now :)

Oh, i think this is wrong thread, sorry for the digression... It's the holiday season and can't help thinking about the good old times :)

I am passing on the PS3 right now. Not because I think it will fail, but because I am not paying $650-$750 (taxes hdmi cable) to play Resistance: Fall of Man. I'll wait until spring/summer next year.

[quote name='Wolfpup']The boxes that include that movie have a sticker on the outside if I'm remembering right. They weren't just the launch ones, but they're probably pretty much all sold through now.

Not a great movie obviously, but for free I would have watched it. It got two thumbs up I think.[/quote]

Ah, i see, thanks for the info... The PS3 i got doesn't have stickers, so i guess it doesn't come with the BR movie, but i don't really care, local Block Buster got a cool selection.

[quote name='paddlefoot']I am passing on the PS3 right now. Not because I think it will fail, but because I am not paying $650-$750 (taxes hdmi cable) to play Resistance: Fall of Man. I'll wait until spring/summer next year.[/quote]

Wise choice, respect that... The primary reason i got it now is BR. I got a 56" DLP, 720i (not 1080i, but i got the size). The last movie i saw at the threater was MI 3 (got the free movie ticket in the MI 1 and 2 dvd set). So, with a HDMI to DVI cable, i'm getting a pretty good return on the $650. Games? That will be next, can't wait to see Marvel UA on the big screen. Again, digressed, sorry.

I actually got REALLY lucky this morning. My brother in law won a PS3 (60GB) in his company's holiday party raffle. He calls me up last night to tell me and asks what he should do with it. I told him to sell it on craigslist, even though the prices are dropping...but to make some money off of it.

He calls my wife up this morning (who just called me) to tell me he and his wife are giving it to me.

Damn...totally selfless and generous. I told him no way, but they aren't taking no for an answer. So now I need to find some games and extra controllers, of course ON THE CHEAP!!!

I am still in shock.

[quote name='karkyco']I actually got REALLY lucky this morning. My brother in law won a PS3 (60GB) in his company's holiday party raffle. He calls me up last night to tell me and asks what he should do with it. I told him to sell it on craigslist, even though the prices are dropping...but to make some money off of it.

He calls my wife up this morning (who just called me) to tell me he and his wife are giving it to me.

Damn...totally selfless and generous. I told him no way, but they aren't taking no for an answer. So now I need to find some games and extra controllers, of course ON THE CHEAP!!!

I am still in shock.[/quote]

Dude, congrats! I guess you're being nice this year :) And who said Santa is not real ;)

Thanks...I guess I AM living a charmed life after all.

...Now I have to plan on how to get some cheap games or maybe cheap BRD's for it.

And I've already been spending a TON since finding this site! Sunday morning I will be attempting to pick up Castlevania PoR for $19.99 at CC (or maybe $14.99 price match w/ GGC at BB...gotta find a gift card though). Even though I do okay, the wife is starting to get PISSED with my spending habits.

Then Tuesday I will be scouring Toys R Us's looking for those major reductions, especially the $9.98 DS and PSP games.

Hey I was really surprised about three weeks ago I came across a PS3 in Gamestop (granted it was only the 20 gig), but anyways I bought it put it on EBay and got a max bid of $592, thank god I put a $650 reserve on it. So I decided to keep it. But when I go back into the same Gamestop this week they have had three PS3s the 60 gig version for three days straight!

Am I the only one who is shocked about this? A month ago people were camping out for days, and shots were being fired! Now go in to the store and buy one.

[quote name='paddlefoot'] (taxes hdmi cable) to play Resistance: Fall of Man. I'll wait until spring/summer next year.[/quote]

i got a 6ft hdmi cable on www.monoprice.com for less then 10 dollars shipped. another cag posted this site on here a few days ago. the prices are fucking amazing.

[quote name='bahgee']Can you return the game to the store for a full refund?[/quote]

Depends on the store but my friend did it easily.

[quote name='Nugzy']Im curious to know why people pass because "its a bundle". All you have to do is take the game back to Circuit City for a refund. Although I guess if youre not near a Circuit City then its bad.[/quote]simply put, its a pain in the ass.

I purchased a PS3 on 12/8 and it has a sticker on the front of the box (lower right hand corner) stating that Talladega Nights is included.

That's a horrible thing to say, completely uncalled for, counter productive, and irrelevant to this thread. Off yourself please.

Why all the hate for Talladega Nights? That movie was hilarious.

On a side note, the Best Buy by my house had a stack (about 12) of 60GB PS3s (not bundled) in the middle aisle, with signs all over the store that said, "We have PS3s in stock!" The sales associate in the game department said that he had sold more PSPs than PS3s today, with only 2 PS3s sold.

[quote name='thefunmachine']Why all the hate for Talladega Nights? That movie was hilarious.

On a side note, the Best Buy by my house had a stack (about 12) of 60GB PS3s (not bundled) in the middle aisle, with signs all over the store that said, "We have PS3s in stock!" The sales associate in the game department said that he had sold more PSPs than PS3s today, with only 2 PS3s sold.[/quote]

Wow from what I've read today the PS3's are piling up all over the place. When I found mine back on the 8th I nearly crapped myself because I couldn't believe my good fortune. I stopped by several stores here in the KC area today searching for Wii's but didn't run into any PS3 units. I finally caved and ordered one of the TRU craptacular action bundles for the Wii this morning. I'm going to take a shot at returning everything except Zelda and the console once I get it.

[quote name='Hired.Geek']Hey I was really surprised about three weeks ago I came across a PS3 in Gamestop (granted it was only the 20 gig), but anyways I bought it put it on EBay and got a max bid of $592, thank god I put a $650 reserve on it. So I decided to keep it. But when I go back into the same Gamestop this week they have had three PS3s the 60 gig version for three days straight!

Am I the only one who is shocked about this? A month ago people were camping out for days, and shots were being fired! Now go in to the store and buy one.[/quote]
That's because much of that initial demand was made by resellers. Now that they're pretty much out of the picture, unless you feel compelled to spend $600 for a minimal profit (or even loss) after fees and everything is considered.

Oh and I watched Talladega Nights last weekend, trust me people, you're missing NOTHING by not getting that movie included with your PS3. I thought comedies were supposed to include laughs?

bread's done
Back