CC Instore Pickup Question

lakers310

CAGiversary!
Feedback
60 (100%)
If I pay for something online with a prepaid credit card, would I still need to verify my identity if I choose in-store pickup? Thanks a lot in advance.

i dont think they charge your card at all when you order for pickup. i've done it a few times and they charge me at the store, not online. or maybe they just pull the transaction number from the website and have it printed out from the website. but it shouldnt be a problem just tell them you paid with a prepaid card.

You need the credit card used for the purchase as well as photo ID. If you have the order number, then that'll be needed as well.

There is something I want at CC, I am going to a local store next tuesday, do you think it would be better to hunt for the item in the store (the website says its in stock but we know how disorganized CC is) or order it for in-store pickup, or do you think the pickup process is long? Do they make you wait in that long service desk line or is there a separate area for internet pickups?

[quote name='SaraAB']There is something I want at CC, I am going to a local store next tuesday, do you think it would be better to hunt for the item in the store (the website says its in stock but we know how disorganized CC is) or order it for in-store pickup, or do you think the pickup process is long? Do they make you wait in that long service desk line or is there a separate area for internet pickups?[/QUOTE]

Probably depends on the store, the store I go usually only has 1 or 2 people on register which is also the customer service area so i had to wait in line to pick my item up. Another store I used to go to before I moved had a completely separate line for customer service/pickup so you could breeze right through

[quote name='SaraAB']There is something I want at CC, I am going to a local store next tuesday, do you think it would be better to hunt for the item in the store (the website says its in stock but we know how disorganized CC is) or order it for in-store pickup, or do you think the pickup process is long? Do they make you wait in that long service desk line or is there a separate area for internet pickups?[/quote]Newer stores have a dedicated desk for in-store pickup orders. Older stores tend not to have one, so you end up going to the CS desk. In the newer stores, the pick-up desk is right next to CS, so if it's not manned with someone, they'll send you over to the CS desk anyway.

Games, movies and music aren't orderable for in-store pickup, while most other items are. It should tell you on the item page if you can or can't do it for in-store pickup.

I think i will go with searching through the store, thanks though. The service desk at my CC can be a 45 min wait even with 1-2 people in line.

Sara, i would order in-store pick up. if they screw up, at least you know they dont have it in stock. and you get a $25 card if they're not ready (thats really the reason why i do it in the first place). just make sure you beat them on time. i got them on several occasions where the item was still on the sales floor, they had no choice but to give me a $25 GC :)

bread's done
Back