CC SALE OVER

[quote name='LeviathynX']this can't be for real. It would totally suck balls if I wasn't able to get in on this. this sounds like a clearance sale that was implemented and taken advantage of far too fast! Maybe corporate is pissed about the timing? 5% of 50 bucks or more. Reminds me of that Blockbuster deal from several years ago where you rent 10 and get one free.[/quote]I got in on this and bought 6 xbox games, 2 GC games and the volume 5 demo disc for Xbox. Everyone could have gotten games if they weren't lazy and would go to the store.

I just got back from Circuit City. The sale is not over there. In fact, they had the list printed off from THIS SITE, and offered it to me to help me find some games. Sword of Mana still rang up 29.99, but I bought Fire Pro Wrestling for 4.99.

There will be no restocking of these games. What is happening is these games are all on clearance. The sale officially begins on the 11th, but I guess someone goofed and went ahead and marked them down at the corporate offices.

I picked up seven games and talked to one of the workers for a few seconds. He said he's heard of CAG. He said there weren't a lot of people in looking.

ya thats basically what happened to me. i get there and find what i want, the cashier gets her manager (an asshole), and its "oh, we got an email and its a mistake"

all i fuckin got was x2 online.

Well, I'm sorry you guys ran into problems with managers and other associates about this deal. At my store, we just don't care. Corporate hasn't said anything to us as of yet, but I'm sure they will.

Thanks for the heads up on the restocking issue. If that changes and more are coming, please post a thread here and let all us CAG know.

I just got back from a CC right now (7:00 EST) and bought ZOE: Fist of Mars for GBA for $5. So the sale probably isn't over.

I'll be sure to let you guys know. We don't have a master list yet, so I can't give you exactly which ones will be on sale, but the lists I have seen have been mostly accurate so far. The thing is, I highly doubt we'll be getting any form of replenishments whatsoever. As I stated earlier, this is definitely a clearance sale.

[quote name='scdoanintendo']To the people that bought over $100 they took down a name to put in the system, right? I wonder if they may try to contact you, highly doubt they'll go through all the trouble. I think this was meant to happen on 0711/04 which was originally posted.[/quote]

i paid with cash, they dont have my number or any way to get a hold of me even if i was willing to return these

I was able to snag 3 games today at about 2pm est, as I was searching for some of the gmaes on the list a man asked me about the sale (apparently he'd just bought Waverace and discovered the price drop) and I told him a few games that should be on the list, He said he was going to get as many of them as he could as gifts for his kids, thanked me and ran off to double check the prices at another register because the kid that ran up Waverace for him looked a little pissed. :p

Eventually I picked up Dino Stalker, Dark Cloud 2 and Chaos Legion for 4.99 each. The kid at the register asked in a voice of disbelivement "How did you find these?" Aparently he had no idea of the sale and was probably annoyed he had no money of his own to get them.

I picked up 10 games for fiddy and everyone at my cc's acted like they had no idea what I was doing. Not many different titles on the list were there but picked up what I wanted at least. Nothing like Disgaea..Rez or Marvel -vs- Capcom 2 though. Nice to see everyone getting in on the deals. :lol:

i work for circuit city and its not a glitch it is a eans to clear out all of the overstock in our main wharehouse so if you missed out on the good titles check back in the middle of the week and thru out this month the email we got said that it ends on 29 i believe

[quote name='dre297']i work for circuit city and its not a glitch it is a eans to clear out all of the overstock in our main wharehouse so if you missed out on the good titles check back in the middle of the week and thru out this month the email we got said that it ends on 29 i believe[/quote]

Its a strategy decision for me now..

Either I buy Stake: Fortune Fighters now, or I can finally save up my last $5s and get the good titles like Morrowind GoTY, Durnout 2, Blood Rayne, or others...

I'm counting on that. :wink:

Got back from CC in Independence, MO. The employees there were fully aware of the sale but didn't know which game qualified. One guy told me "just pick out a few older games and I'll ring it for you." I met another customer there who had a list and check it. Picked up four games, nothing special.

BTW, Sword of Mana ring $30. :(

but not too sure what would really be lefted as far as good titles so don't hold me to the restockin thing might end up with a bunch of rayman or something lol

[quote name='dre297']i work for circuit city and its not a glitch it is a eans to clear out all of the overstock in our main wharehouse so if you missed out on the good titles check back in the middle of the week and thru out this month the email we got said that it ends on 29 i believe[/quote]

Are you POSITVE on this? What did the email say, to the best of your knowledge?

Uhm, I JUST bought stuff from CC so the sale is still on. I went to one at around 11:15 am west coast time and another one at about 4 pm west coast time and everything was still good. At the 2nd CC I went to around 4 they were pulling PS2 games off the shelves but to scan them to see which ones were $4.99 - then they were putting them into a special bin to keep them separate. Some employees were taking the games for themselves, but that's fine, it's what I would do if I worked there.

The manager told me the list from the websites is wrong and some of the games they claim are $4.99 aren't. For example, I think I read here that Beyond Good & Evil was $5 but it rang up at $20.

Anyhow, I got 7 games from both CCs and 1 from the website, so I'm happy. I'm not greedy about this stuff, I took what I could get and left the rest for more cheapasses.

[quote name='krazyj1098']There will be no restocking of these games. What is happening is these games are all on clearance. The sale officially begins on the 11th, but I guess someone goofed and went ahead and marked them down at the corporate offices.[/quote]

whom thats kinda wierd cause i would think Viewtiful Joe, Dark Cloud 2 and DOA3 would be re-stocked since their kinda new and mass produced?

Grrr... If CC corp sent an email saying the list was ok to sell, I am pissed. Yeah, I am still whining about Disgaea being in my hand and them refusing to sell it to me. Again, I guess the YMMV part is just depending if management is cool, or complete assholes.

Funny thing is, from the store that was rude, I wanted 3 games total. And for that moment of jerkiness, they didnt lose just a $15 sale, but a $1500 sale as I was going to pick up the 46' Sony TV this week. Guess I will just get BB to price match it. Should be fun to type up this complaint to corp and leave the DM a voicemail. Especially since I found out that after I left, the employees pulled the games I told them about, and held them for themselves.

I guess for once the cliche about California being laid back is true. None of the nine stores I visited today from 11 AM to about 3 PM gave me any hassle in any way, shape, or form. Four of the stores borrowed my list to copy and it was pretty a clear a lot of employees were hoping to get a piece of the action at the permitted time. None of them appeared to be surreptiously stashing items for themselves.

There definitely is a bit of fun in telling people about this site. There is a wonderful moment of cognitive dissonance before their minds accept that the URL is real and I'm not kidding.

I suppose some CC stores managed to pull back a lot of stock but I saw evidence anywhere I went and from the hauls many CAGs have been documenting with photos of their receipts this would seem to be the case in most regions. These stores are swept clean of just about everything on the list. If this sale is going to be in their next Sunday ad they have a big problem on their hands. THey either have to produce an expensive retraction or rush a substitute promotion into place.

Think about that. We CAGs have already swept the stores clean (some of us more than others I'll admit) and will in turn be able to take advantage of this substitute promotion if it appears.

Try not to gloat in the stores on the 11th.

[quote name='0ptical'][quote name='krazyj1098']There will be no restocking of these games. What is happening is these games are all on clearance. The sale officially begins on the 11th, but I guess someone goofed and went ahead and marked them down at the corporate offices.[/quote]

whom thats kinda wierd cause i would think Viewtiful Joe, Dark Cloud 2 and DOA3 would be re-stocked since their kinda new and mass produced?[/quote]

Their useful life may be over as far as CC is concerned. Consider how many other GH/PH/PC titles they could but don't bother to replenish once they sell out. I only found the Star Wars: Obi Wan game at one location today. Microsoft keeping it available doesn't mean they have to stock it.

Viewtiful Joe is a different story, I suspect, especially with a sequel on the way. It may be soon to appear as a Player's Choice title, in which case they'd want the stock of the existing package to go away.

bread's done
Back