CC Sale Starts today....What did you find???

Status
Not open for further replies.
about to hit up the maine CC stpre.... theres only one :(, they will prob have nothing but its worth a try, does anyone else live in maine on this site?

Just came back from the CC on Southside in Jacksonville, and it was pretty cleaned out, mainly old sports games. I saw a few PS2 games like Castlevania, but I don't own a PS2, so I didn't pay much attention. Didn't look like any restocking to me for what its worth.

[quote name='Requiem']Who knows, maybe they'll bust out the carts from the backroom during peak hours? Attract more customers? I dont know.

I'm not saying they'll restock for sure, but seeing as there are like a million CC inthis country I said I wouldn't be surprised if someone out there finds something good!

What's wrong with you![/quote]
That is your defense? That somewhere at sometime, someone is going to find something good.

Well, I want to make a similiar and just as informational observation. I predict that somewhere, right now, someone is touching water that is wet. I heard it on the Internet, but some people said it wasn't true. So this is definitely a YMMV.

Would you just let people face the truth. Your bs about a restock is no more likely than the tooth fairy filling the bins with great titles.

People who missed out, missed out -- period.

Vestal, NY had two of the 4.99 bins, but all the good games were already picked over last week. I saw some games that were in the bins that were on the shelf last Sunday, but were not on the shelf later in the week. So they must have pulled them specifically for the sale.

I picked up:
ZOE: Fist of Mars (GBA)
Mad Maestro (PS2)
NBA Courtside (GC)
NHL Hitz 2003 (GC)
NFL Blitz Pro (Xbox)
MVP Baseball 2003 (Xbox)

Other games I remember seeing:
Men in Black II (PS2)
Spy Hunter 2 (Xbox, PS2)
Kabuki Fighters (Xbox)
Starsky and Hutch (Xbox)
X2: Wolverine's Revenge (Xbox)
NHL Hitz 20-02 (Xbox)
NCAA Football 2003 (Xbox)
Rally Fusion (Xbox)
Universal Studios (GC)
Legends of Wrestling 1 (GC)
Wrestlemania XIX (GC)
NBA Street (GC)
Super Duper Sumos (GBA)
Ready to Rumble 2 (GBA)
He-Man (GBA)
ESPN Track & Field (GBA)
Space Channel 5 (GBA)
Turok Evolution (GBA)

And a bunch of PS1 games, but nothing that stood out.

Well, it was fun while it lasted.

Unfortunately I wasn't able to get to the CC in Parkersburg WV until 11:10. As I walked in I could already see a crowd of people back where I knew the $4.99 bin would be. There were mostly kids and moms picking up tons of games, all of which were crap. They had 2 bins set up, one with GBA games and the other with GC, X-Box, and PS2 games.

Being a GC and GBA gamer, I went to check for GC games first. In the whole bin I'd say I ran across maybe 5 GC games total, all of which were crap. I remember Turok and an old All-Star Baseball game being two of them. I can't even remember the others. I then checked the GBA bin which had quite a few games but all of which were crap. My wife and daughter did grap 4 of them (Harry Potter, Mickey Mouse, Arcade Classics, and Harry Potter GBC).

I then went and checked the shelves but no luck there either. It was obvious they had pulled these games from the shelves earlier in the week and just held them for today because they had nothing new from last Sunday.

I'm so glad I went last Sunday morning. I was the only person in there and actually got some decent games (Megaman Network Transmission, RE: Code Veronica, P.N. 03, Mario Party 4, Bomberman Generations, and Chu Chu Rocket). The only bad thing is that now when you see games on sale for $15 or $20, it's not nearly as enticing as it once was.

PARKERSBURG/VIENNA, WA

The bins were out today. The employees hid the games in the back last week. I Knew that the store had some good titles: DOA:X, Viewtiful, Disgaea I'm sure of, but some greedy employees got to them before we had a chance. The bins were out this morning and I got 7 games. Nothing spectacular, but a good haul nonetheless. You're likely not to find and good GCN or Xbox games, but there are stil some good PS1, PS2, and GBA games left.

EDIT: WhoDey... that's ironic that we were both there at the same time. You missed the first wave of people at the bins; those kids got there late. We got most of the better titles out first. Did you happen to get Viewtiful Joe or DOA:X?

I went to the Salisbury, MD location this morning. It was the first time I hit it because normally it's about 2.5 hours away from me but this weekend I was in the area. I got there just as the store was opening. There were no people in line and I was the only person in the video games department for about 5 minutes! While there was nothing rare, I did have some good finds. All told I picked up 6 titles today.

From the bins:

Chu Chu Rocket (GBA)
Space Channel 5 (GBA)
ZOE: The Fist of Mars (GBA)
Resident Evil Gaiden (GBC)

From the shelves, my best finds of the day:

War of the Monsters (PS2)
Dragon Warior 7 (PSX)

The bins had a lot of sports titles but still had some decent GBA titles like Gradius Galaxies and Air Force Delta Strike which I passed on. I have a feeling that store was a virtual goldmine last Saturday and Sunday though.

It was funny, a young couple and their kids were at the bins complaining about the "poor selection." Little did they realize the selection was just a little better last week at this time.

Milbury MA CC had nothing, as expected. Their tiny little bin had next to nothing in it, not even sports games. I found a Spy Hunter 2 for the PS2 that wasn't in the bin, so I grabbed that, plus an old PS1 Megaman game for my son. There were a few other people there with lists in their hands, but most of them walked away with nothing.

Just to add insult to injury, here's a conversation between me and my wife before we packed up the kids and left for CC this morning:

Me: So you're sure CC opens at 10:00?
My Wife: Yes. They open at 10:00 every day.
Me: Even Sundays?
My Wife: EEVVVEERRRYY DAAAYYYYY.
Me: Maybe I should call them, just to make sure.
My Wife: (Exasperated) Fine, go ahead. Call them.
Me: What would be so bad about calling, just to make sure?
My Wife: I just told you they open at 10:00. If that's not good enough for you, then call them.
Me: (Thinks about wife in pissy mood all day if I call and they say 10:00) OK, I won't call. Let's just go.

So we get there and.......yup, open at 11:00 on Sundays. Nice. So we walked around the Target store that was two stores down in the mall for 50 minutes, then went back and waited. Did I rub it in her face that I should have called ahead? Let me just say that if you're asking that question, you're not married.

[quote name='Querjek']PARKERSBURG/VIENNA, WA

The bins were out today. The employees hid the games in the back last week. I Knew that the store had some good titles: DOA:X, Viewtiful, Disgaea I'm sure of, but some greedy employees got to them before we had a chance. The bins were out this morning and I got 7 games. Nothing spectacular, but a good haul nonetheless. You're likely not to find and good GCN or Xbox games, but there are stil some good PS1, PS2, and GBA games left.[/quote]At the Bolingbrook, IL store I tried buying some games last Sunday (about 10 games including Futurama, Robin Hood, NHL Hitz Pro, Crimson Sea -- nothing *too* good) and they refused to sell them.

So I get there when they unveil the bin and NONE of them were there! So there's only one explanation... the employees bought the games I sorted through to get!

[quote name='MixMasta']BTW, the CC I went to had a ton of Corvette and Ford Racing for PS2.[/quote]

It's kind of ironic that a Detroit store has a ton of American car games.

My local CC (Bangor, ME) had 2 bins. The only decent things they had were

- Wrestlemania XIX (1 copy left maybe?), Already picked it up last week anyways.

- Haven

- Robotech (picked a copy up)

- Virtua Fighter 4 (grabbed the last copy I think)

Everything else was pretty much old GBA and PS1 games. Also a shitload of old 2002 sports games for GC,Xbox, and PS2.

They had a couple decent ones on the shelves, but they didn't ring up as $4.99....

Basically it's just the leftovers. Don't bother going again if you've already gone. :(

Last week i got Blitz, Gladius and Alien v. Predator

I went today at 11, right when they opened. Absolutely nothing, many people were there with shattered hopes complaining about it, and they were saying how it really started last tuesday and the weekly ads are made months in advance and stuff like that, and they said how some kids on the internet found out and bought everything last week (lol). Anyway, i think i'll sue for false advertisement and bait n' switch.

You'd think they'd make a list available. I mean if they are selling game for 4.99$, might as well take down some competition with price matches no?

Just got back from CC, they only have sport titles. It looks like everything was pick clean since last Sunday, cause I visited this one on Tuesday and Wednesday and both time there was really not much selections. :(

[quote name='MixMasta']BTW, the CC I went to had a ton of Corvette and Ford Racing for PS2.[/quote]

[sarcasm]OMG, Requiem was right. Someone, somewhere did find something good.[/sarcasm]

I went to two Circuit Citys, the first being in Roseville, MN, and the second being in Maplewood, MN.

I got WrestleMania X8 and XIX (GCN) and NFL Blitz Pro (PS2) That's all they really had at either place besides some Dark Angel game and tons of sports games and demo discs.

[quote name='Querjek']PARKERSBURG/VIENNA, WA
EDIT: WhoDey... that's ironic that we were both there at the same time. You missed the first wave of people at the bins; those kids got there late. We got most of the better titles out first. Did you happen to get Viewtiful Joe or DOA:X?[/quote]

No, I didn't buy any games today although my wife and daughter bought a few GBA games. I already have Viewtiful Joe. I saw a couple of them last week when I was in there but passed since I already have it. I didn't get DOA:X because I only have a GC and GBA. Like I said, last Sunday morning was the day to be in there as I was the only person in the game section for the 20-30 mins I was there. I didn't even check out the X-Box and PS2 games so there may have been some gems in there. Did you get any GC or GBA games today? And was there a line to get in?

Well I went to the CC here in orlando to find a bunch of shit (people) ahead of me and my friend. I could already hear a few of them talking about selling a bunch of games on eBay. By the time we got to the bin there was nothing but bullshit to be found. All of the shit (people) got the good games. So far this week has been nothing but crap for me, so I should have seen this one coming. I then tried to pricematch the games at best buy but those assholes wouldn't since CC didn't have the games in stock. What a worthless f*cking day...

Anyone here from CA? if so..the CC in Hayward is cleaned. Only had sport titles left. About 20 people outside waiting..to be disappointed, including me :cry:

one of the employees had a master list with all the titles...im thinking about going back sincce its only 10 minutes away and seeing if i can get a copy to pricematch...

[quote name='WhoDey'] Did you get any GC or GBA games today? And was there a line to get in?[/quote]
There was a line, but it was short and I got there as they were letting people in. I didn't get any GCN games as they were all crap, but I did pick up the only copy of F-Zero for the GBA. Oh, did you get the copy of Skies of Arcadia that had been there? I luckily already have a copy, but I was going to pick it up for a buddy if they still had it.

[quote name='pimp tyranny']i'm not quite sure i understand all the hype. i thought the full sale was last week. what were people expecting a week later?[/quote]
No, it "officially" started today.

Did anyone pick up any of these games?
Dead or Alive 3
Viewtiful Joe
If so, would anyone be willing to sell me these games for 4.99? Someone cut me some slack here...

[quote name='Querjek'][quote name='WhoDey'] Did you get any GC or GBA games today? And was there a line to get in?[/quote]
There was a line, but it was short and I got there as they were letting people in. I didn't get any GCN games as they were all crap, but I did pick up the only copy of F-Zero for the GBA. Oh, did you get the copy of Skies of Arcadia that had been there? I luckily already have a copy, but I was going to pick it up for a buddy if they still had it.[/quote]

No, didn't see anything near that quality for the GC. Luckily, I already have it too. Of course they had it last week when I was there so I could have gotten it then.

I'm happy because I got everything I wanted last week as far as what they had. I was hoping they might have gotten some new games sometime during the week for the sale but it's obvious they didn't.

Next time they do this we'll have to look out for each other as I probably could have scored you some games (like VJ) had I known what you were looking for.

[quote name='Danimal']Milbury MA CC had nothing, as expected. Their tiny little bin had next to nothing in it, not even sports games. I found a Spy Hunter 2 for the PS2 that wasn't in the bin, so I grabbed that, plus an old PS1 Megaman game for my son. There were a few other people there with lists in their hands, but most of them walked away with nothing.

Just to add insult to injury, here's a conversation between me and my wife before we packed up the kids and left for CC this morning:

My Wife: I just told you they open at 10:00. If that's not good enough for you, then call them.
Me: (Thinks about wife in pissy mood all day if I call and they say 10:00) OK, I won't call. Let's just go.

So we get there and.......yup, open at 11:00 on Sundays. Nice. So we walked around the Target store that was two stores down in the mall for 50 minutes, then went back and waited. Did I rub it in her face that I should have called ahead? Let me just say that if you're asking that question, you're not married.[/quote]

Funny shit, Danimal... classic.

Nothing in Tallahassee. Old sports titles as usual. Maybe there will be a restock during the week but I doubt it. Our best chance is if they add more titles such as Billy Hatcher or BG&E Xbox. Good luck to everyone else. Nice to see someone got SoAL.

The thing I was annoyed with was that the games in the 5 dollar bin didn't all ring up as 5 dollar games!!! BOOOOOOOO!!

Absolutely nothing at the Burlington, MA store. Not even a bin. I went there on Monday as well and they didn't have anything then either. So no restock there. What a waste of time.

[quote name='Danimal']Milbury MA CC had nothing, as expected. Their tiny little bin had next to nothing in it, not even sports games. I found a Spy Hunter 2 for the PS2 that wasn't in the bin, so I grabbed that, plus an old PS1 Megaman game for my son. There were a few other people there with lists in their hands, but most of them walked away with nothing.

So we get there and.......yup, open at 11:00 on Sundays. Nice. So we walked around the Target store that was two stores down in the mall for 50 minutes, then went back and waited. Did I rub it in her face that I should have called ahead? Let me just say that if you're asking that question, you're not married.[/quote]

I know exactly what you mean

If anyone actually thought they were getting anything good today out of this event/sale/mistake of last week I feel bad for you. I went to 3 CC's Tuesday and they were cleaned out of anything decent. I was thrilled to get RE: CVX, SF EX3 but the rest of the games I got were pure crap.

This deal was over by 9PM last Saturday night here. CAG'ers must be all over the place in Pittsburgh.

what i don't understand is why they're not dropping the prices on the oldest games like DOA 2: Hardcore. and then the poorest selling games like Unlimited Saga are still $15 or $20. besides these, i wanted Goblin Commander, which is still high in price.

At the CC in DE they were grabbi9ng fistful of games, and then looking through them to see if there was anything they wanted. With so many people crowded around the box it was the only way to grab anything. I just stoob back and watched the frenzy.

Since they've been selling the product, and not trying to use it to "bait and switch" I'd love to see you prove intent. Just because something hits an ad paper doens't mean that the sale/promo wasn't preexisting the ad. CC didn't prevent the sales of the 5 dollar games, so proving intent would be a very difficult case to prove.

I swear, every time someone doesn't get something on sale that they want they start to bitch about "bait and switch". It's only bait and switch if they try to show you an alternative that is only "a little bit more money".

http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/guides/baitads-gd.htm

Read through this.

This point is very salient:
(c) The failure to have available at all outlets listed in the advertisement a sufficient quantity of the advertised product to meet reasonably anticipated demands, unless the advertisement clearly and adequately discloses that supply is limited and/or the merchandise is available only at designated outlets,

You've been notified. There is no onus on them to provide you wares if their legal staff correctly documents the ad. They did.

Of course, bait and switch will still be the pacifier, baby blanket and mama's teet all rolled into one for the whiny people who are all hacked off that they are "a day late and a dollar short".

[quote name='xxdeadp0olxx']Absolutely nothing at the Burlington, MA store. Not even a bin[/quote]

I just came from the Burlington MA store myself, snagged a copy of Silent Scope 3 for $4.99, but yeah, there was nothing of value there. There WAS a bin, however, it was by the dvd's and phone accessories, in between the video game area and the big screen tv area. However, there was nothing there but 10 copies of Oni, Turok, Pryzm, and some sports games. I was there Thursday also and got 2 games but nothing great...

I'm really curious what people actually expected. I mean really, it's not at all wise to expect that you're going to be getting the cream of the crop games... it's a clearence sale for goodness sake.
All the whining is getting really annoying.

I was there at opening and got:

-Tribes: Aerial Assault (PS2)
-The Thing (PS2)

There were a bunch of sports titles. I think I got the decent non-sports titles.

I went to two Circuit Cities today. The one near Chapel Hill Mall in Ohio, and the one in Canton Ohio. At Chapel Hill Mall, I saw a man tossing random GBA games into a basket. What an ass. But, if he wants ten copies of Super Duper Sumos, I guess that's his business. Anyways, I found there:

+Shit
+Shit
+Shit,
and to my surprise
+Shit

So then I go to the CC in Canton Ohio, expecting shit, when I find:

+Shit!
+Shit
+Shit
+And Disgaea

That is, if Diagaea is another way of saying shit. Oh well, I'm still happy that I got some games last week. THANK YOU CAG!!

[quote name='BigNick']Did anyone check the shelves?[/quote]

I did. There was nothing on the shelf that was on the lists...atleast the store I was in.

Did anyone check the CCs at Somerville, Woodbridge, and East Brunswick? I got up early today because I had planned to go yet again, but then decided to stay home after reading the dissapointments of this thread.

[quote name='BigNick']Did anyone check the shelves?[/quote]

Mine had SW: Starfight and Obiwan for Xbox on the shelf, but I didn't bother getting a price check because they are lazy as hell at the local CC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back