CC Sale Starts today....What did you find???

Status
Not open for further replies.
I stopped @ 2 CC in the Kansas City area, across from Metro North Mall & across from Oak Park mall, and was greeted by a wide selection of outdated sports games, along with a few wrestling games.

So I stopped @ a few local game shops and picked up Kid Icarus for $5~!

WOOT~!

I went to two large stores and two of those express stores today. All I got to show for it was Monster Rancher 3 on PS2 and Pinball of the Dead on GBA. Some girl got the last Viewtiful Joe, I nearly ripped it out of her hands and kicked her in the basket.

Everything is pretty well picked clean in the Twin Cities area for all us MN based cagers

Eh, I found Freekstyle for the GC (Brice Road Columbus OH), it was a game I kind of wanted, so I'm not too disappointed.

They had a bunch of PS1 stuff left; everything else was basically sports titles.

Went by Duncanville, Tx at about 1:00 and they had an absolutely pathetic selection. One bin had like ten old sports titles, half of them All-Star Baseball 2002. The other had like ten copies, almost all crap and almost all were Project Eden and Pryzm. I bought Kelly Slater and Mojo just to get something.

Then I went to Hulen and they had more games but it was almost all sports games. I left satisfied because I found Wrestlemania XIX, 007: Agent Under Fire, and Blood Omen 2 on the counter, and a copy of Gradius Galaxies that I'd passed up before in the bin. None of these are mind blowing deals, but at this point I considered them good finds.

This store though showed how royally CC screwed up this sale. At least 3 families came in during the ten minutes I was there looking for games after they had seen the ad. You should have seen the look on some of the kid's faces when they saw all the crap. Not to mention the annoyed parents who brought them. If only they knew how damn good this sale really was. They just didn't know about it when the stuff was there.

Legally CC is covered because they had merchandise so they didn't false advertise, but that doesn't negate the fact that today's selection was awful. Imagine the insanity if all the games that were originally available where in the bin today? Talk about a clearance.

I'm sure many of you have been told by a store employee , "We get shipments tomorrow. What you want is on that truck" even though they know nothing about the next day's shipment. They say that to get rid of you. I wander how much of that was the case with the restock rumors?

Has anyone seen any evidence of any stores being restocked on other forums or this one? So far I haven't seen any.

Oh well. Here's to the next ones.

Oh and I'm sure you guys have seen the photo of Mega Man X7 for 4.99 on CC's website?

Absolutely pathetic. :twisted:

Dateline: Nashville

Well, I went to the Rivergate store, the one where, on Friday, I had been told by one of the employees there would be a restock. He either had been lying, or misinformed (giving him the benefit of the doubt), there was no restock. The only thing of remote interest was Konami Arcade Advance, marked $14.99, and I didn't bother checking it since I have had my own copy for a while, and I've given copies to most of my friends.

I then went to the Hickory Hollow store, the only one I hadn't checked on Friday. They, too, had not been restocked, plus I didn't get there until about 12:30, I think, so I wasn't expecting to find anything. Luck was with me, though. There, behind three ordinary copies of Mario Kart: Double Dash, was a copy of MK:DD with an anti-theft sticker almost completely covering the bonus disc banner. I couldn't believe it was still there. It isn't there anymore 8).

Employees at the other 2 Nashville stores told me Friday night that there would be no restock.

[quote name='mht727']went all over the northern suburbs of Chicago since friday and picked up the following:[/quote]

Which store had the best selection? Did you go to any of them today?

Didn't find a thing at CC today, as was expected.

The scary part is that some crazy gamer was rushing there too on the freeway and he cut in front of me almost slamming into my truck. Jesus, they're just 4.99 games, why risk hundreds or thousands of dollars worth of damage? Damn, I'm shaken.

All that was left at my CC was a bunch of sports games I didn't want and Aqua Aqua. The guy at CC told me that if anything is left from this madness, it will go down to 2.99 in two weeks. IF anything is left.

My CC was a ghost town. They apparently ran the sale all week before the official advertisement began (nice organizational skills :|). Even worse, the guy admitted that not all of the sale games were even in the $4.99 bin (which had nothing but old garbage) or marked with the correct price. I looked on the shelves, and the only thing I was able to get that I wanted was the last copy they had of Oddworld: Munch's Oddysee for Xbox (it had a price tag of $19.99 but rang up for $4.99). I've been wanting that for a while, so I was happy, but still...

Monroeville, PA-5:45PM. Picked up:
xbox-wakeboarding unleashed
xbox-tony hawk 3
from the bin. then on the shelves, grabbed:
gba-virtua tennis.
since i didn't have my list on me, there may have been a couple of other games on the shelves. but the bin was pretty much empty (mostly sports games). didn't see any of the obvious good games on the shelves, though.

stores in Crystal Lake, West Dundee had the best selection. i got them at those stores yesterday, and did go back today, but mostly sport games are all thats left

Cary, NC - very little of interest, but picked up Roadkill for PS2. I believe there was another copy there (although probably gone by now). They also had a few others left that I didn't pick up (Freaky Flyers, Fur Fighters).

Fayetville, NC - got here 15 minutes before it opened, and was the first one in. Wasn't much there at first - picked up Metropolismania and Dark Cloud out of the bin, but couldn't find anything notable on the racks. However, right when we were leaving, two CC employees dragged out 3 full carts of games from the back room...I almost crapped my pants thinking that these were all $5 games that they had been holding back. It turned out that some were $5 games, but most were full-priced games that they were restocking the shelves with. Did manage to snag a copy of Boktai from the carts (they were nice enough to let me search through them as they were unloading), and saw a few copies of some others (Haunted Mansion, Monster Rancher). Didn't see any of the ones we're all looking for though - dang.

Northridge, CA - Absolutely nothing in the $5 bins unless you're interested in kiddie PS1 games or PS2 Jampack demos. I checked the regular game sections and none of the games listed here at CAG were available... BTW, those $5 bins have apparently been at this CC for a while now, so I guess they jumped the gun on the sale.

[quote name='soulwish2003']Ok... I'll tell you what we all learned here...

Regular readers of this list got the deal of a lfetime last week. Everyone else... give it a break. The games are gone. Just go to bed and when you wake up in the morning - REMEMBER TO CHECK THIS LIST A FEW TIMES A DAY...

Peace :)[/quote]

Hehe, true that, yo! My thoughts exactly.

Someone let me know if you have an extra or just don't want your copy of these titles:

Chrono Cross
Final Fantasy Origins
Final Fantasy Tactics (greatest hits)
Megaman X4/6
Tomba 2: The Evil Swine Return
Ikaruga
Viewtiful Joe
Skies of Arcadia
Golden Sun
Guilty Gear X2
Frequency

I am in need of them badly. I will pay good prices. Just PM if you do.

Absolutely nothing. My CC is terrible. Went last week, and they had nothing worthwhile. And this week they just had the same crudy unadvertised ones dumped in the $4.99 bin.

So regardless of if you kept up to date with the list (which I did), some CC's just didn't have anything.

i will finally disclose my circuit city....bel air, md....they still had quite a few titles today...i just got back from there

i picked up:
megaman network transmission f/t f/s
deus ex f/t f/s
syberia f/t f/s
star wars/tetris f/t f/s
oni (for me)
earthworm jim (for me)
final fight one (f/t f/s)
superman countdown to apokolips (for me)
konamis arcade advance (for me)

they still had (from what i saw)
a couple vexx
a couple sub rebellion
a bunch of jimmy neutrons
a bunch of cat in the hats
a couple shrek super partys
a could rocket powers
a bunch of sports titles
zoocube
a couple universal studios
a crap load of sx superstar
a couple speed kings
a few siberias
a couple azuriks
a bunch of rugbys 04 (hidden and still hidden)
resident gaiden
a crap load of wakeboarding unleashed all systems
space channel gba
justice league
tarzan gba

still some more...but i cant think of them right now

Could someone post a scan of reciepts for the games they did get?? I went to my circuit city and there were a few games on the list not in the bins but they were ringing up normal price. Mainly tactics ogre, morrowind game of the year, sword of mana, also darkcloud series, warriors of M&M, blackstone, and whacked!. They had all these in but they were ringing up at anywhere from 14.99 to 24.99. I would just like to get one or two for 5 bucks that are decent. They had a lot of stock left on the shelves. The circuit city manager was a real ass saying that those games shouldnt be 4.99 at all. I told him they should be according to corporate and he said he doesnt have to follow what corporate says. So if someone could post a reciept with a few or all of these games I would love to go in and pricematch them to A) get good games for cheap and B) show up that asshole. Thanks in advance guys Oh I am in peoria area as well.

^^^^^^^We should have a thread explaining all this. People are showing up here today clueless and they are asking the same questions. We should have a FAQs page or something. Such as, certain game are value games and have a new UPC. Or, there are 3 versions or Morrowind and only one works (the shiny GOTY one I think). Or they could just read the hundreds of pages already dedicated to this topic. Once again, good luck to people still searching for deals.

What does the Morrowwind GOTY cover look like?

I had a redcoat scan a Morrowind which I thought was a GOTY edition but it rang up $19.99. :(

the game of the year edition says clearly "game of hte year edition"....the one that isn't the game of the year edition, does not saying game of the year edition...

the goty edition is a goldish brown looking shiney cover...

[quote name='trustcompany1013']i will finally disclose my circuit city....bel air, md....they still had quite a few titles today...i just got back from there

i picked up:

deus ex f/t f/s

[/quote]

I WANT THIS: you mean for xbox right? If you want to sell it to me give me a quoted price (with first class shipping + handling), I don't care if the case gets cracked in shipping (as long as the disk is new). I would also need traders reference (ebay id); through paypal please (take that into account with price please).

MY CIRCUIT CITY HAD NOTHING except sports games, Silpheed and drakan.

Waste of time going back... I got a few good ones last week (Gladius, Defender, Dynasty Warriors 3) for Xbox, but this week I hit all 3 CCs around San Diego, and none were restocked. I asked people at each store, and they said they wouldn't be getting any more in.

Waldorf, Maryland - Hardly anything at all in this store. They had a few sports games from 2002 and 2003. That was pretty much it. I have been checking there for a few days now and they said they will restock in time for the sale this morning. Well that didn't happen...

Rockville, Maryland (CC located on Rockville Pike by Hooters) - I work out here and thought I would check this one out for the hell of it. All they had were some Xbox Exhibition disks. I guess all the good games were gone. One of the guys working there said all the good games were gone days ago.... :(

[quote name='trustcompany1013']i will finally disclose my circuit city....bel air, md....they still had quite a few titles today...i just got back from there

[/quote]

OMG, if I leave right now, I can make it there before they open tomorrow. Seriously, though, glad they still had some stuff for you.

[quote name='trustcompany1013']the game of the year edition says clearly "game of hte year edition"....the one that isn't the game of the year edition, does not saying game of the year edition...

the goty edition is a goldish brown looking shiney cover...[/quote]

The one I scanned was silver, which I guess was the Platinum edition. I looked too quickly and saw a a quote on it"Game of the year" but I guess it was a review quote and not really the GOTY edition. My mistake.

you wanna know what i got at the cc sale?

i got fucking pissed off, that's what i got.

i found 4 games there i wanted, that were on the list, and in with the 4.99 bin, but when i got up to the register they rang up 15-20 dollars each. i told them they were supposed to be 5$ but they wouldn't give them to me for that. so i got fucking nothing!

[quote name='LaraCroftsLeftBoob']you wanna know what i got at the cc sale?

i got shaq-fuing pissed off, that's what i got.

i found 4 games there i wanted, that were on the list, and in with the 4.99 bin, but when i got up to the register they rang up 15-20 dollars each. i told them they were supposed to be 5$ but they wouldn't give them to me for that. so i got shaq-fuing nothing![/quote]

A few of them seem to be YMMV, and some have a CC barcode covering the original barcode (the original, if scanned, rings up $4.99). Every Monster Rancher 3 I checked rang up full price:(. Which games, if I may ask?

Went to my CC in North Charleston, South Carolina today at about 5:20pm... had to work from 9-5 and they opened at freakin' 11! I tried to get my girlfriend to go when they opened but she had to be at work at 11... nonetheless, they had shit and I doubt they had much earlier in the day. Like most of you just old sports titles, I did see Wipeout: Fusion and Haven mixed in with all the skateboard and football games. Luckily I did run in there last night to see if they put anything new in the clearance bin and picked up The Thing. :evil:

F-Zero: MV (GBA)
Jade Cocoon 2 (PS2)
Earthworm Jim (GBA)

I was hoping for Ridge Racer V, Ring of Red, SFEX3, Tactics Ogre, and Viewtiful Joe, but couldn't find them.

[quote name='drsluggo'][At the Bolingbrook, IL store I tried buying some games last Sunday (about 10 games including Futurama, Robin Hood, NHL Hitz Pro, Crimson Sea -- nothing *too* good) and they refused to sell them.

So I get there when they unveil the bin and NONE of them were there! So there's only one explanation... the employees bought the games I sorted through to get![/quote]

looks like we have a prick from bolingbrook... prolly cleared out darien, downers grove, and naperville http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=62053&item=8116219659&rd=1

I forgot to mention that I saw 3 copies of Aquaman for XBOX :shock:

Let me know if you've been looking for it.

:twisted:

Parkersburg/Vienna, WV

I just got back to my computer (spent the day with my fiancee over at her place) Anyways, my CC adventure:

My fiancee and I got to CC about 10:45. As we waited, people started showing up. They opened the doors and off we went. My fiancee was the first through the door and we made a beeline to the games section (along with everyone else). They had two bins set up full of games. Searching through them, I was able to get

Chaos Legion PS2
Mega Man X7 PS2
Marvel vs. Capcom 2 PS2 (It was the only one there...luckily, my fiancee found it quick and snatched it right up :mrgreen: )
Spy Hunter 2 PS2
The Bouncer PS2
Dead to Rights GC
Street Fighter Alpha 3 GBA

So I was able to come out with 7 new games...not too bad. I was able to find one of the games I really wanted (MvsC2). I asked about Disgaea, but there were none in the store and the warehouse was apparently out of them as well. Oh well. Afterwards, I headed back to TRU to pick up some more NP $.01 strategy guides.

If anyone has a Disgaea they'd be willing to part with for sale/trade/first born child let me know. Of course, everyone seems to be looking for it, but I figure it's worth a try anyways.

I figure I'll probably head back tomorrow sometime, see if there's anything else worth picking up. One of the employees told me that they still had more in the back, but they were mostly X-Box games.

Good luck everyone. Hope you're able to get in on it.

[quote name='Querjek']PARKERSBURG/VIENNA, WA

The bins were out today. The employees hid the games in the back last week. I Knew that the store had some good titles: DOA:X, Viewtiful, Disgaea I'm sure of, but some greedy employees got to them before we had a chance. The bins were out this morning and I got 7 games. Nothing spectacular, but a good haul nonetheless. You're likely not to find and good GCN or Xbox games, but there are stil some good PS1, PS2, and GBA games left.

EDIT: WhoDey... that's ironic that we were both there at the same time. You missed the first wave of people at the bins; those kids got there late. We got most of the better titles out first. Did you happen to get Viewtiful Joe or DOA:X?[/quote]

I was there today too. It's a small world after all. I was thinking of wearing my CAG shirt there today, but I was in a rush this morning and didn't think of it until later. Now I wish I had. So what games did you pick up there this morning?

[quote name='WhoDey']I'm so glad I went last Sunday morning. I was the only person in there and actually got some decent games (Megaman Network Transmission, RE: Code Veronica, P.N. 03, Mario Party 4, Bomberman Generations, and Chu Chu Rocket). The only bad thing is that now when you see games on sale for $15 or $20, it's not nearly as enticing as it once was.[/quote]

That's awesome. I didn't hear about the sale until last Sunday night and by the time I got there on Monday morning, there wasn't shit.

[quote name='KrazyKefka']Marvel vs. Capcom 2 PS2 (It was the only one there...luckily, my fiancee found it quick and snatched it right up :mrgreen: )[/quote]

She's a keeper.

[quote name='FooFighting']Absolutely nothing. My CC is terrible. Went last week, and they had nothing worthwhile. And this week they just had the same crudy unadvertised ones dumped in the $4.99 bin.

So regardless of if you kept up to date with the list (which I did), some CC's just didn't have anything.[/quote]

Same with me. I checked my cc last week. No 4.99 games were out. They said the sale would start on 7/11. So, I go there today and only crappy games were in the bins. All gamecube games were gone except for 2 copies of NBA 2002 and 3 copies of some wrestling game. That was it! The store employees said they put the games out on Wednesday and they sold out on Wednesday. I figure the employees probably got all of the good games so none would have ever been available anyway at my cc. I can't blame them. I would have done the same thing. You'd think the stores would have had more copies available, however, since they were listing it in their Sunday ad. As usual, I am once again disappointed in Circuit City. Too bad there's no Best Buy in my area.

[quote name='Mishimaryu']didnt find jack except for Fear Effect 2 great game for 5 btw.[/quote]

I know! It's the first game with a lesbian protaginist!

[quote name='LaraCroftsLeftBoob']you wanna know what i got at the cc sale?

i got shaq-fuing pissed off, that's what i got.

i found 4 games there i wanted, that were on the list, and in with the 4.99 bin, but when i got up to the register they rang up 15-20 dollars each. i told them they were supposed to be 5$ but they wouldn't give them to me for that. so i got shaq-fuing nothing![/quote]

Let me assure you that would not have happened, had you been Lara Croft's Right boob

[quote name='rabbitt']KrazyKefka, what part of Ohio do you live in? And btw, your avatar is shaq-fuing hilarious.[/quote]

I live in Marietta. During the school year, I live in Athens - I go to OU.

How about you? Where in Ohio do you live?

As for my avatar, glad you like it. I've been getting a lot of compliments on it. There's a bigger pic of it in my personal gallery. Don't say I didn't warn you though :twisted:

[quote name='Medium_Pimpin'][quote name='Mishimaryu']didnt find jack except for Fear Effect 2 great game for 5 btw.[/quote]

I know! It's the first game with a lesbian protaginist![/quote]

Isn't it the second?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back