CC Sale Starts today....What did you find???

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='guessed'][quote name='KrazyKefka']Marvel vs. Capcom 2 PS2 (It was the only one there...luckily, my fiancee found it quick and snatched it right up :mrgreen: )[/quote]

She's a keeper.[/quote]

Definitely

Went to Circuit in 14th street New York,NY...There was no bin so i started searching around i went over to PC department came back and caught a glimpse of a bin that they had just put in...Rushed in pushed back a bunch of people and managed to grab Rumble Racing and Fur Fighters(There was nuttin else there) only thing left was a couple of sports titles and a bunch of fishing games.

I went there, and nothing...a guy came past me and was like, its all cleared out...guess he was a CAGer too or soemthin...o well

First of all, my CC opend at 10am not 11am. Someone there told me they've been doing this since after Christmas. I got there about 10:15. Everything was picked over already, but I managed to pick up the following games:

PS2

2x Gladius (marked $4.99 but rang up $29.99, got it for $4.99)
1x Looney Tunes Space Race
1x Shadow of Destiny
1x Wallace & Gromit
1x Time Crisis II
1x Ninja Assault
2x Midnight Club/Ready 2 Rumble Round 2 (2-pak)
1x Disney's Stitch Experiment 626
1x Cabela's Deer Hunt 2004 Season

Xbox

The Thing

GCN

4x Billy Hatcher and the Giant Egg (marked $39.99 but since it was in the bin, they gave it to me for $4.99)
1x Disney's Extreme Skate Adventure

GBA

1x Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
1x Tekken Advance
1x Rayman 3
1x Tom and Jerry The Magic Ring
1x Sonic Battle (marked $4.99 but rang up $29.99, got it for $4.99)
1x Wario Land 4

GBC

1x Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone

PS1

1x Mega Man X4
1x Mega Man X6
1x Mega Man Legends 2
1x GTA 2/The Itallian Job/Rollcage Stage II (3-pak)
1x m & m's Shell Shocked

I also got the following games last night:

GBA

1x DBZ Legacy of Goku
4x The Sims Bustin' Out (marked $4.99 but rang up $29.99, got it for $4.99)
2x Pokemon Crystal

[quote name='GundNataku']GCN

4x Billy Hatcher and the Giant Egg (marked $39.99 but since it was in the bin, they gave it to me for $4.99)
[/quote]I have a few thing to say about this. It is nice to see people get lucky around here and this is certainly a case of luck. And sometimes I wish I never read all these posts because I wish I could have games such as this.

One question, was the game in the security case or not? If it wasn't than I guess you could put any game in there and claim it was 4.99. I guess you just have to end up with a clueless employee. Try and find a cashier somewhere besides the gaming section.

Also, it's nice that you got lucky on this deal but you didn't have to buy up all four copies. We all know what you're going to do with them. Just leave the extras so other people have a chance to get lucky or maybe someone will genuinely want the game and pay 20 for it. Or maybe it'll be on clearance next time.

Anyways, nice job getting it to work.

[quote name='GundNataku']
1x Time Crisis II
1x Ninja Assault
1x Wario Land 4
1x Mega Man X4
1x Mega Man X6 [/quote]

For a CC that was picked clean, you got 6 games that I would have died to find.
Sonic Battle was a $5 game? I didn't think it was supposed to be. I thnk you lucked out on that one. I wish idiots at my local CCs priced games incorrectly.

[quote name='KrazyKefka'][quote name='Querjek']PARKERSBURG/VIENNA, WA

The bins were out today. The employees hid the games in the back last week. I Knew that the store had some good titles: DOA:X, Viewtiful, Disgaea I'm sure of, but some greedy employees got to them before we had a chance. The bins were out this morning and I got 7 games. Nothing spectacular, but a good haul nonetheless. You're likely not to find and good GCN or Xbox games, but there are stil some good PS1, PS2, and GBA games left.

EDIT: WhoDey... that's ironic that we were both there at the same time. You missed the first wave of people at the bins; those kids got there late. We got most of the better titles out first. Did you happen to get Viewtiful Joe or DOA:X?[/quote]

I was there today too. It's a small world after all. I was thinking of wearing my CAG shirt there today, but I was in a rush this morning and didn't think of it until later. Now I wish I had. So what games did you pick up there this morning?

[quote name='WhoDey']I'm so glad I went last Sunday morning. I was the only person in there and actually got some decent games (Megaman Network Transmission, RE: Code Veronica, P.N. 03, Mario Party 4, Bomberman Generations, and Chu Chu Rocket). The only bad thing is that now when you see games on sale for $15 or $20, it's not nearly as enticing as it once was.[/quote]

That's awesome. I didn't hear about the sale until last Sunday night and by the time I got there on Monday morning, there wasn't shit.[/quote]

I knew there was a third CAG that lived in this area but I couldn't remember your name. Actually, when I went last Sunday morning I figured the two of you had already cleaned up on Sat. I was surprised to find the games I did. I wish I knew what all the good PS2 and X-Box games were because I didn't even look at them when I was there. I wonder if they had any of the ones everyone was looking for? I wouldn't have bought them but I'm still curious.

I went back Tues evening and it was obvious they had taken all of them off the shelf and put them in the back. I couldn't even find old sports games on that trip.

Thank god CAG's are finding out about these sales before they actually start. Having to compete with moms and kids is just too much for me.

The Rocky Mount, NC store had a few people waiting at the front door (and getting highly irritated when it took them until 11:15 to open the doors), but only a handful of CAGs. one of them being a guy who came in last week before they pulled all the $5 games and picked up 21 games, including the only two copies of REZ, which he promptly sold to someone for $50 a pop. shaq-fu'er.

i didn't get any of the games that i was really hoping for, like Megaman Network Transmission, Ikaruga, or Viewtiful Joe, but i did manage to pick up:

Final Fantasy Tactics (PS)
Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons (GBC)
Bomberman Max 2 (GBA)
Aggressive Inline (GC)
Wild Arms 3 (PS2)
Amplitude (PS2)
Bomberman Generation (GC)
Beyond Good & Evil (PS2)
Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers (GC)
Jeopardy (PS2)

FF Tactics and Jeopardy weren't in the bin, but rang up at $4.99. I didn't see Amplitude on any of the lists, but it was in the bin and labelled $4.99. It rang up at $19.97 or something, but i pointed out that it had been pulled and stickered, so they gave it to me. Not a huge find or anything, but still decent, since they didn't have any copies of Frequency.

They had a copy of Forsaken 64 sitting in the bin. I had no idea what to say to that.

[quote name='GundNataku']First of all, my CC opend at 10am not 11am. Someone there told me they've been doing this since after Christmas. I got there about 10:15. Everything was picked over already, but I managed to pick up the following games:

PS2

2x Gladius (marked $4.99 but rang up $29.99, got it for $4.99)
1x Looney Tunes Space Race
1x Shadow of Destiny
1x Wallace & Gromit
1x Time Crisis II
1x Ninja Assault
2x Midnight Club/Ready 2 Rumble Round 2 (2-pak)
1x Disney's Stitch Experiment 626
1x Cabela's Deer Hunt 2004 Season

Xbox

The Thing

GCN

1x Disney's Extreme Skate Adventure

GBA

1x Tekken Advance
1x Rayman 3
1x Tom and Jerry The Magic Ring
1x Wario Land 4

GBC

1x Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone

PS1

1x Mega Man X4
1x Mega Man X6
1x Mega Man Legends 2
1x GTA 2/The Itallian Job/Rollcage Stage II (3-pak)
1x m & m's Shell Shocked

I also got the following games last night:

GBA

1x DBZ Legacy of Goku
4x The Sims Bustin' Out (marked $4.99 but rang up $29.99, got it for $4.99)
2x Pokemon Crystal[/quote]

Some amazing finds, especially the mis-marks. That is just insane. Any chance you are looking to part with Time Crisis 2?

One question, was the game in the security case or not? If it wasn't than I guess you could put any game in there and claim it was 4.99. I guess you just have to end up with a clueless employee. Try and find a cashier somewhere besides the gaming section.

Billy Hatcher was in a security case. I think someone put it in there after finding out that it wasn't a $4.99 game.

Also, it's nice that you got lucky on this deal but you didn't have to buy up all four copies. We all know what you're going to do with them. Just leave the extras so other people have a chance to get lucky or maybe someone will genuinely want the game and pay 20 for it. Or maybe it'll be on clearance next time

I bought one for myself, one for a friend, one to sell on ebay and one to trade. If I can can't find someone with a game I want to trade for, I'll probably end up putting that one on ebay, too.

If you think buying 4 copies of a game is bad, listen to this. I was talking to someone at CC who was at a different one before coming to the one that I was at, and he told me that there was a lady with 4 carts full of games. If you ask me, I think that was a little outrageous. What do you think she's gonna do with all those games?

I got:
Red Faction (PS2)
Dino Crisis 2 (PS1)

I'm not really interested in them so I'm probably going to return them unless I find someone who is interested....

Went to the Santa Rosa, CA CC on thursday and got:
Megaman X4*
Legaia 2
Beyond Good and Evil (PS2)*
Dragon Warrior 7
Breath of Fire 4

Went today and picked up:
Robot Alchemic Drive
Reign of Fire (Xbox)

CAGer's shouldn't limit thier searches to the bins! Many CCs still got a ton of stuff unproperly marked, so go in with those lists and hunt!
*-willing to trade PM me if interested (both are unopened).

Hit up the Livingston, NJ store and was surprised to find ZOE 2 there on the shelf, as it had probably been there all week and NO ONE had bought it. So, for those other CAGs in the Livingston area, what were you thinking passing this up??? :) It's now up for trade if anyone wants to make me some good offers. I could go for a sealed Rez...

[quote name='guyver2077']well nothing for me...circuit city here in miami sucks ass....i got there before 11 and there were already nerds outside waiting with their laptop and their little lists...as cc was opening right off the bat they told everyoen that mostly all the games are sold out already but you can go look if you want...ofcourse nothing..only ps1 games..

i was kinda happy when i saw the goons pick up like 6 sword of mana's for gba only for the cashier to tell them its 29.99 or w.e,,..their plans of selling for profit went down the drain[/quote]

Which one did you go to? The one by Dadeland was pillaged and was only able to pick up Oddworld.

[quote name='guyver2077'][quote name='drsuper23']Gyuyver, which CC did you go to?[/quote]

87 and nw 12st in the shopping center where hooters is at..[/quote]

I really have to read ahead. Yah, that one had nothing at all last week and they told me they didn't expect a restock.

I picked up NCAA Gamebreaker 2003, since I don't have a football game, but now I really don't want it.... :(

Feels like kinda a waste to go down there to return it though...I'll trade somebody that + my old copies of Twisted Metal Black and No One Lives Forever for something if anyone wants to trade.

Has anyone gotten a Morrowind PH, Tekken 3 GH, or Maximo Gh for $4.99? If so did you tell the cashier to peel the "value" sticker then scan?

[quote name='alongx']

For a CC that was picked clean, you got 6 games that I would have died to find.
Sonic Battle was a $5 game? I didn't think it was supposed to be. I thnk you lucked out on that one. I wish idiots at my local CCs priced games incorrectly.[/quote]

I think your right. I lucked out on this one. I don't think Sonic Battle was supposed to be $4.99.

i was gonna get morrowind, star wars: obi-wan, castlevania loi, and bg&e.
screw them, if i have to end up paying 15-20 for those games you can be damn sure i won't be paying it to any circuit city. i'll go to best buy or walmart or somewhere.

oh, and btw, this was the cc in cincinnati on kemper road. so if any of you go there be sure to take a nice steaming shit in the middle of their sales floor for me to let them know what i think of them.

[quote name='GundNataku']

I bought one for myself, one for a friend, one to sell on ebay and one to trade. If I can can't find someone with a game I want to trade for, I'll probably end up putting that one on ebay, too.

If you think buying 4 copies of a game is bad, listen to this. I was talking to someone at CC who was at a different one before coming to the one that I was at, and he told me that there was a lady with 4 carts full of games. If you ask me, I think that was a little outrageous. What do you think she's gonna do with all those games?[/quote]

So, other people buying a lot of games gives you an excuse to do so? Just because you know people buy hundreds of games doesn't mean you couldn't leave some. Getting one for your friend is alright with me but getting one for eBay is just silly. eBay is flooded with so many games it's ridiculous. Just play your copy and then when you're done with it sell that one on eBay. Either way, I'm surprised they let you buy 4 copies of a game that was misplaced. I wish I had that kind of luck.

[quote name='KingNES']Dadeland Fl has little to nothing, a few sports games and 1 tekken 3, but on a side note i did find out where the games went. A group pf Gamestop employees in conjunction with CC employees cleaned out the store prior to the sale last week buying 46+ games a visit. and then trading them in all in back into the gamestop. I saw this 1st hand when i went to Gamestop after my CC visit.[/quote]

:evil:

Another reason to hate Gamestop.

[quote name='WhoDey'][quote name='KrazyKefka'][quote name='WhoDey']I'm so glad I went last Sunday morning. I was the only person in there and actually got some decent games (Megaman Network Transmission, RE: Code Veronica, P.N. 03, Mario Party 4, Bomberman Generations, and Chu Chu Rocket). The only bad thing is that now when you see games on sale for $15 or $20, it's not nearly as enticing as it once was.[/quote]

That's awesome. I didn't hear about the sale until last Sunday night and by the time I got there on Monday morning, there wasn't shit.[/quote]

I knew there was a third CAG that lived in this area but I couldn't remember your name. Actually, when I went last Sunday morning I figured the two of you had already cleaned up on Sat. I was surprised to find the games I did. I wish I knew what all the good PS2 and X-Box games were because I didn't even look at them when I was there. I wonder if they had any of the ones everyone was looking for? I wouldn't have bought them but I'm still curious.

I went back Tues evening and it was obvious they had taken all of them off the shelf and put them in the back. I couldn't even find old sports games on that trip.

Thank god CAG's are finding out about these sales before they actually start. Having to compete with moms and kids is just too much for me.[/quote]

I didn't find out about the sale until last Sunday night. I've been really busy this summer. I've been helping my fiancee move into her apartment, not to mention hitting the streets trying to find a summer job so I can have a little bit of money when I go back to school in the fall (no luck so far though). I got up and headed out to CC Monday when they opened and there wasn't anything there. I figured they'd been cleaned out too. When I started hearing that CC was pulling games for the sale, I figured (or at least hoped) that had happened there. I know they had had some of the "good" ones a couple of weeks ago (I remember seeing a couple copies of Disgaea there at that time).

Later on (about 11:45) after the crowds had died, they brought some more games out from the back. Nothing too spectacular, but I was able to pick up Street Fighter Alpha 3 for the GBA. They said that they still had some games in the back, but they were mostly X-Box games. I'll probably head out there tomorrow just to see if there's anything left. Overall, I was pretty pleased. I got one of the games I really wanted (Marvel vs. Capcom 2). I just wanted to get a chance to get in on this sale, considering I missed out on the BB $5 clearance a while back and there are no BB's anywhere around here.

As for the moms and kids, tell me about it. It was like Kiddypalooza at open. At least you, I, and Querjek were there together against them, whether we knew it or not. I still wish I had remembered to wear my CAG shirt. Oh well...

[quote name='rarebucky']Hit up the Livingston, NJ store and was surprised to find ZOE 2 there on the shelf, as it had probably been there all week and NO ONE had bought it. So, for those other CAGs in the Livingston area, what were you thinking passing this up??? :) It's now up for trade if anyone wants to make me some good offers. I could go for a sealed Rez...[/quote]

Not bad...where in Livingston is the store? I'm up there twice a week for my summer classes, and I never bothered to check the Liv. CC. I usually just hit the New Brunswick one on 18, which has been picked clean since this sale started.

[quote name='joeposh']My CC (Savanah, GA) was a circus...

There was a line when I got there, just a few people... but as soon as I stood by the door, like 5 more cars pulled in, some with couples and one with like 6 guys all clearly in search of the bargin games. The guys in front of me had obviously been hunting stuff all week and were comparing notes and accomplishments. The people behind us all seemed to have just caught wind of the deal.

Once the doors opened it was on, people walked calmly to the game section but as soon as they hit those bins, the serenity ceased. There was one bin for GBA games and another for PS2/XBOX games... but no bin for GC games. This, along with the fact that they were stupid enough to place the PS2/XBOX bin right next to their unmarked "value games" bin created a lot of confusion and chaos.

People were snatching up games from the value bin like they won the lottery, while others (myself included) searched in vein for a Gamecube bin... only to find that a few craptastic games were still on the shelves unmarked (except LOTR: TTT.. but since I already had that I pointed it out to a guy who seemed pretty lost)...

I was lucky enough to hit the GBA bin before it got raped. I walked away with these games:

All-Star Baseball 2003
Iridion 3-D
Legends of Wrestling II
Justice League Chronicles
Donald Duck Advance
Duke Nukem Advance
Stuntman

While I'm not sure any of these are that good, I needed just about anything GBA related as I bought my first one (the retro edition) last month and only had Mario Bros. to play on it.

I also picked up X2 Wolverines Revenge... quite frankly.. because it was there. The sales person that was there on thursday bullshitted me and said "We have a whole crate of GBA games in the back and a lot of Gamecube too... Xbox and PS2 is pretty picked over though" ... so I had come with my mind set on getting at least one GC, and for better or for worse I did.

As I was leaving, hell seemed ready to break loose... people were bringing up the stacks of value games that were NOT 4.99 (as we learned throughout the week) and the cashiers ran around trying to figure out how to stop people from mistakenly taking value games. Kids were mad that they went up with a stack of games and none of them counted, and parents were even more pissed because they had driven them there, and watched as other people left with the majority of the RIGHT games. It was a powder keg and it'll surely get worse as the day gets on... that's it for me with this sale, it was fun while it lasted.[/quote]

Well, the way I look at it is that the asshole employes who bought out the games will suffer in cleaning up the mess that we made and we torture them by scattering everything around :twisted: Immature, but some what satisfying

Williamsport, PA (11:00 AM) - There is one bin that is partially filled, but with mostly crappy games. When I left the store there was one copy of Beyond Good & Evil for PS2 as well as one copy of Robot Alchemic Drive. I picked up the following:

State Of Emergency (XBox)
Jet Set Radio Future (XBox)
Universal Studios (GC)
FIFA Soccer 2004 (GC)
Robot Alchemic Drive (PS2)
Frequency (PS2)

State College, PA (6:00 PM) - There are three bins, all are partially filled. Almost all of the remaining games were for PS2, along with some XBox sports games, and hardly anything for GameCube. When I left, they still had games like Ridge Racer V, The Bouncer, Jet Set Radio Future, and a ton of sports games. I picked up the following:

Wreckless: The Yakuza Missions (XBox)
Genma Onimusha (XBox)
The Bouncer (PS2)
MDK 2: Armageddon (PS2)

I regret not picking up some things like Ridge Racer V and NBA Live 2003, but I felt like 10 games was enough for one sale.

[quote name='trent82']Williamsport, PA (11:00 AM) - There is one bin that is partially filled, but with mostly crappy games. When I left the store there was one copy of Beyond Good & Evil for PS2 as well as one copy of Robot Alchemic Drive. I picked up the following:

State Of Emergency (XBox)
Jet Set Radio Future (XBox)
Universal Studios (GC)
FIFA Soccer 2004 (GC)
Robot Alchemic Drive (PS2)
Frequency (PS2)

State College, PA (6:00 PM) - There are three bins, all are partially filled. Almost all of the remaining games were for PS2, along with some XBox sports games, and hardly anything for GameCube. When I left, they still had games like Ridge Racer V, The Bouncer, Jet Set Radio Future, and a ton of sports games. I picked up the following:

Wreckless: The Yakuza Missions (XBox)
Genma Onimusha (XBox)
The Bouncer (PS2)
MDK 2: Armageddon (PS2)

I regret not picking up some things like Ridge Racer V and NBA Live 2003, but I felt like 10 games was enough for one sale.[/quote]

They HAD more at State College but they are one of the stores that put the games out in bins before the sale so I cleaned them out of good titles. I was going to get Ridge Racer V but I hated that game and sold it to EB about a month after it came out. I didn't see that MDK 2: Armageddon though because I would have picked it up.

Just wondering, is anybody else on these boards from the St. Cloud, MN location, and preferably if any Minnesotan's shopped the CC here this last week did anybody get anything from the store? Before the sale I would go once and a while and they had many multiples of lots of the games on the list and last Sunday already they had 0 copies of any of the titles and still don't today. I'm talking like 10+ of Disgaea and Viewtiful Joe. The 2 games I really wanted to play, but I guess oh well. Just holla back if anybody hit up this store for anything, I'd like to know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back