CS: Starts Tues
Me: No Problem I come back Tues
Me: I see you have Furry Conker w/ game purchase
CS: She looks found 2
Me: Trying to get her to sell it to me for a penny without the game
CS: She won't do it
Me: totaly cool with what happened Sun

Tues(today)
Me: goes into back finds completley filled Tommy Boy rack without 1 taken out 2 hours after opening, so I take the DVD and Insert showing the promotion to.......
Clerk walking around: Oh we had 5 and they are all gone.
Me: what you sold all 5 today?
Clerk: No answer
Me: walking to customer service
Me: showing same girl from Sunday Insert
Girl: Clueless shrugs her shoulders and points out that the insert says minumum 7 per store
Me: looking for anyone else to help
Manager: Clueless
Me: OK what about that furry Conker I asked about Sun
Girl: without even looking saying don't have any.
Me: ok open that cabinet that they were in on Sun
Girl: Looking at me and smirking and not moving
Me: you mean to tell me the shirts are gone in 2 hours and there wasn't one DVD taken from the rack(confirmed by another clerk in the back) and also a Conker which you had 2 of on Sunday and sat on the shelves for the last month and a half both were purchased in the last 2 days after I told you they were worth something on Sunday(foolish). And the stack of Conkers behind you havent changed in # since Sun??? Sounds like employees taking the promos
Girl: Why do you want them so bad, with a bitchy attitude
Me: Realllllllyyy pissed now, because I do
Girl: smirking
Me: thanx, left the dvd and insert in front of her and left
Me: with no shirt or furry conker promo which I was willing to buy the accompanying DVD and games to get....
Me: wanting my Conker for a penny and my shirt for free
Me: looking on ebay now and crying at the prices

Some stores, RESTOCK ITEMS, maybe they did sell the Conker's, and even if they didn't, how can you get upset to the fact that they didn't give you a free stuffed animal, what are you 5???
The t-shirt thing, if nothing like this has ever happened to you before, then you haven't been buying things for too long...
They hardly ever have the promo items in any of the stores, unless they're useless, like a crappy sampler CD or something...
Get over it...
-Goatman

[quote name='goatindaruffness']Some stores, RESTOCK ITEMS, maybe they did sell the Conker's, and even if they didn't, how can you get upset to the fact that they didn't give you a free stuffed animal, what are you 5???
The t-shirt thing, if nothing like this has ever happened to you before, then you haven't been buying things for too long...
They hardly ever have the promo items in any of the stores, unless they're useless, like a crappy sampler CD or something...
Get over it...
-Goatman[/QUOTE]

Restock has nothing to do with it. The Conker has been there for a month and a half. After she asks me is it worth something and I say I thinks so
then they are gone and she refuses to open the cabinet where they were 2 days ago. Also don't tell me you sold out of the shirts when its obvious they either don't have any or never got any in. Most places do have the promo items that are advertised or at least give a reason(we didn't get them in yet). And insinuating being immature by wanting the items makes you immature, some people want different items, just like you wanting gay goats or shitty clowns, but I don't hold it against you.

CC I been to usually only get 1-2 copies of bonus items regardless of what the fliers say. Half the time the employees just take them. Whatcha gonna do they probably thought you were being an ass.

I didn't really understand your post but if you told the girl the first time you went up there that you wanted the conker plush for a penny without buying the game with it AND told her it was worth something...well nobody in the world would give it to you. The bridges were already burned by the second time you talked to her.

* I had to edit this post to add two major points that I missed in the original writing *

I agree with CC having the worst customer service. They refuse to honor any competitor's coupons and recently offended me big time when I tried to return a $15 game.

I went to return Army Men RTS for GC (part of their Value games) with the $14.99 sticker on it. It was not opened, fully sealed *EDIT: with the receipt dated less than a week before*. The woman at CS looks really hard at it scanning every millimeter of the game. I'm fine with that, stores are really cracking down on people stealing the discs and returning an empty case. About 2 minutes of looking, she then goes to another woman at CS and asks if she thinks this game has been opened. The other woman looks at it and says, "No.". I'm also OK with this because maybe this woman's new and wants to do everything right.

After she gets confirmation from the other CS person that the game has not been opened, she comes back to me and OPENS the game in front of me. Why, I do not know. She then looks at the disc six ways to Sunday to make sure it hasn't been used. I should have been pissed at this point, but I was OK with it (I had just gotten Harvest Moon Another Life at Best Buy for $10, so I was in a good mood). Now comes the point where my mood starts to change ...

She then calls the video game department and asks if Army Men RTS for GameCube actually came in a bundle with another game (for $15? that'd be nice) because someone here "may only be returning one of the games". The electronics guy has NO idea what she's talking about and says that he'll be up shortly. It takes about 3 minutes for this woman to try to explain to the electronics guy on the phone, and I have been there now for 10 minutes trying to return a $15 game. I tell the woman that no way would CC ever have two GameCube games in a bundle for $15 and she tells me to "just wait until the expert comes" (expert?).

So the electronics guy comes up about 5 minutes later and the woman mumbles something inaudible to him. He then comes and tells me that I cannot return the videogame because I had opened it. I finally had enough and got pretty loud (I can yell pretty loud when I have to, although I rarely do). I told him that I did not open the game and that I was unbelievably offended by this "customer service" woman and demanded to speak to the manager. I told the manager the story and asked how it was possible that they could afford to spend 20 minutes criticizing a $15 return. All the manager said was, "Just doing our jobs" after that I quipped back, "Which is harassing paying customers?". After that he *EDIT: told the woman to put the refund through and * asked me to leave. I did, and before anyone asks, I did NOT kick over any racks. I'm not going back to that CC again, even if it is the closest one to me.

I would have thought I was on Boiling Point because it was about as surreal as that.

Have you ever worked retail and had to deal with an asshole like you? I assume not. They are just doing their jobs, they don't have a secret warehouse holding all the t-shirts conspiring against you. Jeez.

bradr, you should write a complaint to corporate if they wouldn't allow you to return the game. it's messed up the way you were treated (at least listening to your side only ;) ).

[quote name='doraemonkerpal']bradr, you should write a complaint to corporate if they wouldn't allow you to return the game. it's messed up the way you were treated (at least listening to your side only ;) ).[/QUOTE]

Oh, sorry, I guess I didn't put that part in :) . They did actually let me return it after I got a little loud. The manager had them put it through real quick and told me to leave. I wasn't being an ass at any point until she called up the video game "expert". I was actually in a pretty good mood up until that point.

I just felt that she was trying everything she could to prove that I was some kind of thief (for $15?). If she couldn't nail me for "stealing" the disc inside, she was going to try to get me for "returning only one" of a bundle. I wonder if I had kept quiet what else she would have tried to "catch me" at.

I just couldn't believe that they had 20 minutes to spend trying to catch a customer in a lie? I was the only customer at CS at the time so I guess they had lots of free time. How many CC employees does it take to process one $15 videogame return? At last count: 4. ;)

[quote name='neocisco']:oops: CC employee embarassed by his fellow ASSociates.[/QUOTE]

Present company excluded, of course! :)

Wow bradr that is one of the worst customer service experiences I've ever heard about. Luckily it was only $15 so it's not a big deal. If you had a receipt or credit card proof that you bought it there I would take your complaint straight to the top. I'm HOPING lack of receipt was why they were such assholes to you.

It's really sad but often stores put slightly mentally challenged workers or obsessive compulsive workers on returns. Then if a customer complains to a manager they say something to the effect of "are you harassing the retard?"

I've seen this done at Wal-Mart, Best Buy, and CompUSA personally but I don't often hear customers complaining loud enough that I stop and watch. It's NEVER the company but rather individual store managers who do this so it's not like the "EB sucks lol no GS sucks lol no GC sucks" argument. I agree with you though...never shop at that particular store again.

Stuffed animal thing, you don't really have much to complain about. Sounds like you tipped the rep off to the fact that they are valuable (personally I don't know) and shot yourself in the ass on that one. The T-Shirt thing is crappy, but nothing you can really do except write a letter to CC or ask to complain to a manager.

bradr, you could still write a letter to CC about how they treated you. I'd bet the guy from the video game dept. had no idea the CS lady opened the game in front of you and just saw the open game sitting on the counter. You gotta admit that is pretty funny. Worker 1 opens game and calls over Worker 2 who looks and says 'Oh this game is opened, sorry can't return it.'

Maybe that lady has had a few people return games with no discs and has gotten tired of it. But once she opened it in front of you and the game was in there she should have STFU and gave you your $15.

[quote name='Jeoff']Wow bradr that is one of the worst customer service experiences I've ever heard about. Luckily it was only $15 so it's not a big deal. If you had a receipt or credit card proof that you bought it there I would take your complaint straight to the top. I'm HOPING lack of receipt was why they were such assholes to you.

It's really sad but often stores put slightly mentally challenged workers or obsessive compulsive workers on returns. Then if a customer complains to a manager they say something to the effect of "are you harassing the retard?"

I've seen this done at Wal-Mart, Best Buy, and CompUSA personally but I don't often hear customers complaining loud enough that I stop and watch. It's NEVER the company but rather individual store managers who do this so it's not like the "EB sucks lol no GS sucks lol no GC sucks" argument. I agree with you though...never shop at that particular store again.[/QUOTE]

I must apologize again! I've missed yet another important point to the post. (I have edited the original post to reflect my two missed points). I did have my receipt and it was dated less than a week of when I returned the game. I usually am able to roll with most of the rudeness but when they start taking up substantial amounts of my time for absolutely no good reason it bothers me (they, on the other hand, are being paid to waste my time).

I agree with you that it's a case by case basis depending on the store. I've been to some great CCs but unfortunately, I've been to this bad one more because it's the closest one to me.

[quote name='wubb']bradr, you could still write a letter to CC about how they treated you. I'd bet the guy from the video game dept. had no idea the CS lady opened the game in front of you and just saw the open game sitting on the counter. You gotta admit that is pretty funny. Worker 1 opens game and calls over Worker 2 who looks and says 'Oh this game is opened, sorry can't return it.'

Maybe that lady has had a few people return games with no discs and has gotten tired of it. But once she opened it in front of you and the game was in there she should have STFU and gave you your $15.[/QUOTE]

Worker 2 was actually the second CS woman who said that the game didn't look opened. Worker 3 (the electronics guy) was the one who said I couldn't return it because it was open. :)

It is funny. I was pretty mad at the time but I agree, it's pretty funny now (this was maybe 3 weeks or a month ago). Even though I was pretty offended by the way the original CS woman acted and the nonchalant attitude of the manager, I wouldn't want anyone to lose their job. I totally understand why they have to be suspicious now of videogame returns and I was cool with that but she took it up a notch or three. That's why I really thought I was on some hidden camera show :)

Hey, i just got a job at BB, and love it... (about 3 weeks ago)

I had always noticed CC crappy service and dumbass employees, and never liked it anyway. But now that i work at BB, I have learned sooo much about customer service and how to make a customer feel important, including being timely, professional, and always bowing to the customers needs. Now that I go to CC, I laugh when i see only 4 associates in sight, who dont approach you or seem to care to, clutter in the aisles, and dumb ass managers who think they are running their store in tip top condition.

The funny thing is, about 2 months ago, a CC just aopened DIRECTLY across from our BB...literally across the street... When they first came into town, they would come into our store and act like they were the shit and that they were gunna steal our buisness (as i hear).

The funniest thing is, that it is ALWAYS busy at BB and ghost towned at CC (we are hitting our sales goals every weekend from 100-200%)and we have associates at every aisle to help any customers. We NEVER have customer complaints, and never kick customers out unless they are being vulgur or violent.

Oh, and Fry's customer sevice also sucks!!!

I work at CC and we only got 5 Tommy Boy T-shirts in. :(
Last week on Tues when we started selling Nintendogs we didn't have the DS skins that were free w/ purchase. They did come later in the week and we had written on peoples receipts that they could come get them if/when they came in.
SOrry you had a bad CC experience, I think it all depends on the store.
Our movies/music/games people are on top of things and very helpful.

[quote name='Phoenix_Rogue']Hey, i just got a job at BB, and love it... (about 3 weeks ago)

I had always noticed CC crappy service and dumbass employees, and never liked it anyway. But now that i work at BB, I have learned sooo much about customer service and how to make a customer feel important, including being timely, professional, and always bowing to the customers needs. Now that I go to CC, I laugh when i see only 4 associates in sight, who dont approach you or seem to care to, clutter in the aisles, and dumb ass managers who think they are running their store in tip top condition.

The funny thing is, about 2 months ago, a CC just aopened DIRECTLY across from our BB...literally across the street... When they first came into town, they would come into our store and act like they were the shit and that they were gunna steal our buisness (as i hear).

The funniest thing is, that it is ALWAYS busy at BB and ghost towned at CC (we are hitting our sales goals every weekend from 100-200%)and we have associates at every aisle to help any customers. We NEVER have customer complaints, and never kick customers out unless they are being vulgur or violent.

Oh, and Fry's customer sevice also sucks!!![/QUOTE]

Stop kissing up. Your boss doesn't read this.:roll:

[quote name='neocisco']:oops: CC employee embarassed by his fellow ASSociates.[/QUOTE]

Same here neo. :oops:

To the OP, the shirt actually wasn't much of anything. In fact here's a snapshot of the one I got.

tommyboy.jpg

I got one for promotional use, and I don't think I'll be wearing it for much more than, say... when I'm mowing the lawn.

I am very sorry tho about what happened. I can tell you that I've seen promotional items like this run out very quickly on new release day. Remember when Finding Nemo came out? We were out of the (craptascular) mouse pads within two hours (my store for 309 copies of the movie itself, and 60 mouse pads... and we sold all 309 copies of the movie by the end of the day).

During the infamous CC $5 sale I was told by a handful of employees as I entered the video game section that they would not be honoring any games at the $5 price. I shrugged it off and began to search the racks for games with my trusty cheapass approved list firmly in hand. A few moments later one of the same employees told me that they were going to honor the price. Just then a swarm of employees, including managers left their posts (all with their own lists) to clean the racks as fast as they could.

Even with these cases of bad CC service, most would probably agree that CC has the best customer service among the big nationwide electronics chains. It might simply be that on average, a CC has less customers at any one time and thus a customer is less likely to be lost in a crowd, but whatever the reason, I've always found CCs to have better service at the five or so locations in which I've shopped.

I like CC's service more than Bestbuy service to the point that when I go buy a TV this weekend, I'll buy it at CC even though I would save about $50 at Bestbuy because of Rewardzone.

Here's my favorite Circuit City story:

The week Halo 2 came out CC had the Soundtrack in their flyer for $9.99. I went in but couldn't find it (who can ever find a CD or DVD at Circuit City? It's like they use snow shovels to stock the shelves).

So I go up to the Customer Service desk and ask the rep if they have "these" in stock (pointing to picture in the flyer) and she said "it would be in the CD's" and I told her I knew that, I'm asking her because I couldn't find any. So they check their computer and show 12 still available.

Rep #1 goes to look in the CD's, can't find them. She tells me sometimes people hide things they want to buy at a later date. So I said "Someone wanted all 12 copies of Halo 2 Soundtrack?" So she asks Rep #2. She thinks they might still be in the stockroom, even though the computer says they're on the sales floor. So she goes in the back for about 15 minutes, and comes back and says she can't find it.

I didn't want to wait any longer, so I asked for a raincheck. She said "Sir, we can't give you a raincheck for an item that's available."

Edit: Fixed typo.

[quote name='Phoenix_Rogue']Hey, i just got a job at BB, and love it... (about 3 weeks ago)

Oh, and Fry's customer sevice also sucks!!![/QUOTE]

Give it about 3 more weeks and your attitude will change. That part I bolded will be the gateway to this understanding. Eventually sales goals will haunt you, then you'll just turn all anti-BB and try to destroy them from within (as much as one person can) such as giving someone an extra 10% off on their ENTIRE purchase with the 10% off coupon instead of one item, or, and this was my personal favorite, blatantly contradicting your supervisor in front of a customer when they are lying to said customer about PRPs.

Oh and personally, while you think that's CC downfall, I prefer to not be bothered by an employee every god damn time I turn around like I am at BB.

The system will show the item being in stock even if its not available for sale yet if the store has gotten their amount in for the release day.

Still, how the heck could the misplace that many copies of one CD? Sounds like a really badly managed store to me. That also explains why the CD/DVD area might look aweful too.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']Oh and personally, while you think that's CC downfall, I prefer to not be bothered by an employee every god damn time I turn around like I am at BB.[/QUOTE]

Worst case scenario you'll encounter at CC is perhaps being asked once by an employee in a certain area if you are finding everything okay, and if you need help someone will be near by to help. God I wish BBY would get a clue on that as everytime I go in to price shop BBY I swear I get Monty Brown style POUNCED by several employees within a few minutes.

[quote name='demomanTNA']Worst case scenario you'll encounter at CC is perhaps being asked once by an employee in a certain area if you are finding everything okay, and if you need help someone will be near by to help. God I wish BBY would get a clue on that as everytime I go in to price shop BBY I swear I get Monty Brown style POUNCED by several employees within a few minutes.[/QUOTE]

The worst was one time walking down the DVD racks. I got ambushed at one end as I went to walk down one, then at the other end, WHILE THE OTHER EMPLOYEE IS STILL IN THE AISLE, I got ambushed by another one. I felt like they were using pack mentality hunting techniques on me.

Wow....that made very little sense.

So you want a plush Conker for a penny and the denied you. Waaa.
You went in on SUNDAY to buy a DVD that comes out TUESDAY (like 99.9% of all DVDs)

Moron

[quote name='RedvsBlue']The worst was one time walking down the DVD racks. I got ambushed at one end as I went to walk down one, then at the other end, WHILE THE OTHER EMPLOYEE IS STILL IN THE AISLE, I got ambushed by another one. I felt like they were using pack mentality hunting techniques on me.[/QUOTE]

They were flushing you out. Like the raptors at the end of Jurrasik Park.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']The worst was one time walking down the DVD racks. I got ambushed at one end as I went to walk down one, then at the other end, WHILE THE OTHER EMPLOYEE IS STILL IN THE AISLE, I got ambushed by another one. I felt like they were using pack mentality hunting techniques on me.[/QUOTE]

I've had pretty simular situations like that before at Worst Buy myself. Still, they don't get much if any business from me. I've boughten all of one DVD this year from Worst Buy (Millennium Season 2). So they haven't gotten much from me.

Yeah, Circuit City hires some pretty insane people.

I remember when a cashier once asked me if I drove a fast car.

I was like "What".

Dude get a life...I'm sure the employees don't care enough to be holding back on you. Try another CC or something. I'm tired of all these threads about how such and such stores sucks.
If you don't like the store don't shop there.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']Oh and personally, while you think that's CC downfall, I prefer to not be bothered by an employee every god damn time I turn around like I am at BB.[/QUOTE]

That's kinda funny to me, because the CC near me used to be the worst when it came to annoying employees. I hated CC when they first opened here in Scottsdale. It felt like if you stepped off the tile pathway into any of their zones, they came running at you. Of course, now it seems like all the CC employees are playing a game of hide and seek when I go in there, so we've gone from one extreme to the other...

On the other hand, I may get one or two employees asking me if I'm finding everything ok at BB, but it doesn't really bother me. They're usually in different sections, and I just say "Yup" and they go away.

My CC story:

Walk in, nearly piss myself when I see Marvel vs. Capcom 2 XB for $4.99, grabbed a handful of games, walked up to a clerk who was nearly as excited as I was for the cheap games and he scanned every damn one I had in my hand.. went back another day and an elderly woman was working, and she scanned every single one as well. Too bad an employee grabbed the last Moto GP2..

[quote name='Scorch']My CC story:

Walk in...piss myself...grabbed a handful...walked up to a clerk...excited...he scanned...my hand...an elderly woman...scanned...single...Too...grabbed...last...[/QUOTE]

That was a couple flights short of a story, so I made it more interesting by editing it for content.

[quote name='Kerig']That was a couple flights short of a story, so I made it more interesting by editing it for content.[/QUOTE]

You made my story sound much more interesting :lol:

I had a CC employee saying they never carried Ong-bak on dvd. I went there later and there were a bunch of them on the shelves.

EDIT: another story

Went to Lakewood,CA CC on Saturday to find Oldboy. Wasn't there, but their computers said they have it in Compton and Long Beach CC. Called them up, no cigar.

The only problem I've had at CC is that the one near me doesn't feel the need to keep their games and DVD's in order. If I'm looking for a game, I've got to look through the whole shelf of games and I hope I find one copy. I've gone in to find nothing more than I should, so I head to BB where everything's nice and organized and find it as soon I get there. The only problem I have with employees is when I'm ready to check out and there's no one at the cash register and I have to flag someone down so I can pay and go.

[quote name='smalien1']Have you ever worked retail and had to deal with an asshole like you? I assume not. They are just doing their jobs, they don't have a secret warehouse holding all the t-shirts conspiring against you. Jeez.[/QUOTE]
:rofl:

On the Madden '06 release day I was at a Best Buy (looking for $5 games and penny guides) and this dude stalks up to me, tossing a football from hand to hand, and says "Oooohhh - Madden". I just walked away.

I've actually had mostly good experiences with CC customer service, with their price matching of online prices and honoring competitor's coupons.

The ONLY bad experience I had was over two years ago when Target had the original Gungrave in their ad for $12. CC still had it for $50. I went to Target and noticed a bunch on the shelves so I decided to go to the local CC to get it for $12 minus the 10% difference. At first the CSR said the price difference was too big to do a price match. I pointed out the price match policy printed on the wall behind him did not mention that. He then said he would call Target to see if they had it in stock. He went to the back room and made what seemed like a really quick call, then came out and said they didn't have it in stock. I just left at that point, thinking to myself what a fucking liar, and went back to Target to get it for $12.

I find myself in quite the predicament. I live in Houston, Tx. It is huge. I used to live in Dallas and no drive generally took me longer than 15 minutes to get anywhere that I wanted to go. Now, living in Houston, with 1.5 million more people than the Dallas area, all the places I want to go generally take around 45 minutes to get to.

With that out of the way, let me get to my real complaint:
The closest BB (my favorite place to shop) - 30 minutes away
The closest Frys - 45 minutes away
The closest CC - 2 minutes away.

With that being said, CC is clearly the most convenient choice. However, it does not matter how good of a day I am having at that point, my experience in CC always ruins it.

Last week was the first time that I had a good experience with one of the employees there. I found out the reason is, this person was one of their tech people and was just substituting for someone who called in sick. It was his first time actually on the sales floor. I began speaking candidly with him and actually shared the fact that I usually leave the store pissed off. He spoke candidly with me as well and shared a few things that may be of interest:
1) The computer system they are still using after all these years is MS-DOS based.
2) They are still a long ways off from having their inventory system on computer and therefore must rely on using these crappy little binders to let the customer know whether or not they carry an item. They have no way of knowing if the item is actually in stock.
3) There is nothing in the employee standards that says that anything must be alphabetized, so there is no driving force to keep a single thing organized.

Hell, this guy even told me how to get to a best buy that was a little closer because he was so perturbed to hear of my experiences with the company.

I say let's just boycott the hell out of this company. Who's with me?

bread's done
Back