Celebrity Deathmatch returns June 10th

Genocidal

CAGiversary!
Feedback
253 (100%)
Originally found at pwinsider.com

MTV will be reviving their "Celebrity Deathmatch" claymation series featuring pop culture figures in fictional wrestling 'death matches.' New episodes of the series will begin to air starting Saturday 6/10 on MTV2 as part of a new animation block. The original series aired from May 1998 to October 2002, featuring with 70 original 30 minute episodes.
More info here: http://www.mtv2.com/#celebrity_deathmatch

I enjoyed this show when it originally aired, but I was also in my early to mid teens. It'll be interesting to see if the show can hold its same appeal to me, and damnit, Mills Lane better still be the referee..

fuck.

As soon as I leave college - and a cable plan that includes MTV2 - this happens...

I wonder if they'll ever release the older episodes on DVD? I'm not sure how well it'd sell, but if it was cheap enough (maybe in the $20 neighborhood?), I'd bite, and I don't think I'd be alone there. :)

The clip I saw a few days ago of the new series was pretty bad. A lot of the voices and models seemed to change, and it just wasn't really funny anymore.

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']The clip I saw a few days ago of the new series was pretty bad. A lot of the voices and models seemed to change, and it just wasn't really funny anymore.[/quote]

Where'd you see the clips? I loved the show back in the day, but I don't think it'll have the same charm it once carried. They should never have cancelled it in the first place. I doubt that Mills Lane will be the referree anymore as he's been dead.

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']I doubt that Mills Lane will be the referree anymore as he's been dead.[/QUOTE]

Really? Wow. I didn't even know that. How unforunate...

I knew it would be MTV 2 airing this before I even clicked it... the days of MTV airing semi edgy non reality style programming is over.

Speaking of which, where did the music go? Wasn't MTV 2 supposed to be all about the music when they first launched it?

[quote name='Roufuss']I knew it would be MTV 2 airing this before I even clicked it... the days of MTV airing semi edgy non reality style programming is over.

Speaking of which, where did the music go? Wasn't MTV 2 supposed to be all about the music when they first launched it?[/quote]
Haha, yeah. I remember when MTV2 was first coming out, they cracked jokes at themselves saying, "Finally a television station dedicated to music videos. What a novel idea," because MTV had become so ridden with everything but music. Then for the second time, they lost touch with actually playing music.

bread's done
Back