Cell phone with built in breathalyzer

woobacca

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
http://www.mobilemag.com/content/100/340/C4915/

"The world’s first sports car phone with alcohol Breathalyzer has gotten tremendous popularity in Korea. The cell phone by LG was a big hit from the beginning mainly because its outward appearance of a sports. Equipped with an alcohol measurement sensor, the LG-SD410, LG-KP4100, and LG-LP4100 have sold over 200,000 in the four months that it has been available, and is still selling around 1500 per day.

"Having an alcohol measurement device attached to something like a cell phone is nothing but brilliant, especially among younger crowds who regularly drink after work or school and like to party. To use the sensor an intoxicated individual simply opens the phone and blows on the sensor, the LCD will tell you whether your level of alcohol in your blood is safe to drive.

"Besides the alcohol measurement feature of this cell phone it is equipped with an advanced remote control for your TV, DVD and karaoke machine, etc. These two functions make this sports car phone appealing to most youths."

----------

Pretty cool idea, but I'm surprised at how well this thing is selling over there. I mean 1500 a day? :shock: If this ever comes to the U.S., would you go out of your way to buy it? $10 says the built-in karaoke remote control feature is the real selling point. ;)

they have such responsible youth in korea... if this hit in america i dont see kids gettings wasted at the bar, and then using their cell phone to see if its safe to drive.

[quote name='iheartmetal']they have such responsible youth in korea... if this hit in america i dont see kids gettings wasted at the bar, and then using their cell phone to see if its safe to drive.[/QUOTE]

I see kids getting wasted in a bar, trying to see how HIGH they can get the breathalyzer to register.

[quote name='JimmieMac']They should make it so you can't call ex girlfriends if you blow too high.[/QUOTE]

LoL I thought it was a breathalyzer lock on the cellphone - and I was just thinking about how many booty calls will be thwarted if this thing becomes popular.

I've heard of "no spreading before the wedding", will it now become "blow before you blow" :cry:

[quote name='lebowsky']I see kids getting wasted in a bar, trying to see how HIGH they can get the breathalyzer to register.[/QUOTE]

that's what i would do!

[quote name='lebowsky']I see kids getting wasted in a bar, trying to see how HIGH they can get the breathalyzer to register.[/QUOTE]I could so see people doing that,

aside from the breathalyzer, the remote feature is pretty cool, and the phone itself looks damn nice, I'd buy it (if I had $$) for the other features, not the breathalyzer

bread's done
Back