Censorship in games: Whats your opinion?

[quote name='bruce_pwns_j00']Censorship is bullshit, how many times do you see censorship in dvd's?[/quote]
I agree 100%.

[quote name='Kaijufan'][quote name='bruce_pwns_j00']Censorship is bullshit, how many times do you see censorship in dvd's?[/quote]
I agree 100%.[/quote]

Okay, I'll list three answers to this, simply based on diff'nt ways it's done:

1.) DVDs ARE OFTEN EDITED FROM ORIGINAL FILM MASTERS...
ex.:Final Destination 2- Anyone who saw the original may have told people planning on purchasing it to see it first, warning of the gore. Anyone who saw it 3+ weeks later was asking why.
2.) DVDs THAT WOULD CARRY AN NC-17 RATING ARE JUST "NOT RATED."
ex.:Kids- NC-17 at the theater; same thing is unrated on DVD.
3.) USUALLY, BOTH VERSIONS ARE MADE AVAILABLE, R AND UNRATED.
ex.: Basic Instinct- R at the theater, R or UNRATED at home.

[quote name='mgariti'][quote name='Kaijufan'][quote name='bruce_pwns_j00']Censorship is bullshit, how many times do you see censorship in dvd's?[/quote]
I agree 100%.[/quote]

Okay, I'll list three answers to this, simply based on diff'nt ways it's done:

1.) DVDs ARE OFTEN EDITED FROM ORIGINAL FILM MASTERS...
ex.:Final Destination 2- Anyone who saw the original may have told people planning on purchasing it to see it first, warning of the gore. Anyone who saw it 3+ weeks later was asking why.
2.) DVDs THAT WOULD CARRY AN NC-17 RATING ARE JUST "NOT RATED."
ex.:Kids- NC-17 at the theater; same thing is unrated on DVD.
3.) USUALLY, BOTH VERSIONS ARE MADE AVAILABLE, R AND UNRATED.
ex.: Basic Instinct- R at the theater, R or UNRATED at home.[/quote]

Not to mention that the content producer on a dvd doesn't have to obtain a liscense to run on the platform from the DVD hardware producers every time they plan to produce something. The two industries are entrely different, and any comparision between them is irrelevant.
The people whining about it are most likely a bunch of whiny dumbass teens who don't grasp the way the console arm of the videogame industry works. Of course, they're also probably the same whiners that complain when Target or Walmart card them when they want to buy a M rated game, and then refuse to sell it to them.

bread's done
Back