Chainsaw controller = super small

[quote name='hutno']I thought it'd be bigger[/quote]
I hear that all the time ::sigh::

...about my controller. MY CONTROLLER!!

becoming-the-chainsaw-man-20050204032729552.jpg

I don't know but everytime I see that picture I laugh. And yeah, I expected it to be a bit bigger. At least you can pretend to be a disgruntled bob the builder.

[quote name='NintendoFanGirl']Looks about the size I expected. How huge were you all expecting it to be? It's a controller :)[/quote]

Exactly, that's what I expected too.

[quote name='NintendoFanGirl']Looks about the size I expected. How huge were you all expecting it to be? It's a controller :)[/quote]

At least double or at least half bigger than that. :: shrug :: ah well, shrinkage..

[quote name='sisco1986'][quote name='NintendoFanGirl']Looks about the size I expected. How huge were you all expecting it to be? It's a controller :)[/quote]

At least double or at least half bigger than that. :: shrug :: ah well, shrinkage..[/quote]

I was also thinking it would about twice the size.

[quote name='zewone'][quote name='sisco1986'][quote name='NintendoFanGirl']Looks about the size I expected. How huge were you all expecting it to be? It's a controller :)[/quote]

At least double or at least half bigger than that. :: shrug :: ah well, shrinkage..[/quote]

I was also thinking it would about twice the size.[/quote]

I wanted something more along the lines of the Onimusha 3 controller :p

It also doesn't look very comfortable to play.

[quote name='opportunity777'][quote name='zewone'][quote name='sisco1986'][quote name='NintendoFanGirl']Looks about the size I expected. How huge were you all expecting it to be? It's a controller :)[/quote]

It also doesn't look very comfortable to play.[/quote]

Well hell I've got a spare chainsaw in the basement i'm open that bad boy do some moding. If I don't reply in 2 days, somethings gone horribly wrong.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']http://cube.ign.com/articles/585/585543p1.html

I can't believe how small it is

and I know how many threads about this there have been, but I have never seen someone actually holding it[/quote]

For some reason I thought you already had one.

[quote name='opportunity777'][quote name='zewone'][quote name='sisco1986'][quote name='NintendoFanGirl']Looks about the size I expected. How huge were you all expecting it to be? It's a controller :)[/quote]

It also doesn't look very comfortable to play.[/quote]

Yeah I always figured it would be more lifesize at the expense of comfort to make it worth the $50

I thought it was going to be the size of a chainsaw. :p Being that size doesn't look like it's a bad thing, but I'd have to use it first.

idk, it still looks pretty bad ass to me... and i dont even have a gamecube anymore... hope whoever i sold it to here is enjoying it :)

[quote name='dcfox'][quote name='CaseyRyback']http://cube.ign.com/articles/585/585543p1.html

I can't believe how small it is

and I know how many threads about this there have been, but I have never seen someone actually holding it[/quote]

For some reason I thought you already had one.[/quote]

nope, I wanted one really badly because of how much I like my sword.

and like someone mentioned, I was expecting something about the size of the Onimusha sword, which is pretty long

I was expecting it to be chainsaw-sized... hell it doesn't even have a blade, PLUS it's made of plastic instead of steel, what a rip-off.

WOW that looks small. I want to pick it up because I am a huge RE fan, but I don't want to drop 50 for it. I am afraid if I wait, its going to become harder to find and I will end up having to pay more then 50 because its rare. Hopefully it will be on sale somewhere for 35 or less.

i might pick one up at like $40 or so. I might have to PM and combine with a GGC to get the price down but i want one,

frankly, i think i want it more as a collection piece than as a controller. i might even leave it sealed

hmm...second take impressions.

size = weak
packaging = great! (2 versions?)
price = wtf! $50!?
design = interesting
collectable = fairly high (depends on production numbers)

finally, and most importantly, control layout...how will the control-stick function in tandem with the c-stick? (must try before buying) and where are the L, R, and Z buttons?

call me crazy, but i think it might be ok for competitive fighters, you could hold it just like a small arcade stick. Granted, there are no competitive games on the Cube except Smash.

That looks pretty weak. But since I'm not a fan of the RE series *gasp*, I'd pass either way.

BTW, that wasn't a knock on the game but rather on the genre. Survival horror never really excited me. Enternal Darkness was supposed to be a awesome game, and that just kinda bored me.

[quote name='dracula']i might pick one up at like $40 or so. I might have to PM and combine with a GGC to get the price down but i want one,

frankly, i think i want it more as a collection piece than as a controller. i might even leave it sealed[/quote]

I'm not certain, but I don't think these will be sold at Best Buy or CC, I think they will be game store only (GS, EB, maybe GC or GR). I could be wrong.

P.S. Just to brag, my $29.99 GS.com pre-order still appears to be in effect.

This thing might have actually sold reasonably well at half the $49.99 asking price. At double the cost of two new Nintendo brand GCN controllers, I doubt Nuby will see many sales beyond the "must-have" RE collectors. The production run likely won't be high, but the company could always later release a PS2 model.

bread's done
Back