Chance to partake in Ms. Splosion Man Beta

[quote name='GenPirate']Got mine, yay! When I redeemed it the name made no mention that it was a demo or beta so maybe it's the retail copy and we get to keep it?[/QUOTE]

In my download queue it says Trial Game so I imagine its just the trial game with locked stuff once the game comes out I imagine it will be the same file for the full game but will still have to buy it.

[quote name='DarkSynopsis']In my download queue it says Trial Game so I imagine its just the trial game with locked stuff once the game comes out I imagine it will be the same file for the full game but will still have to buy it.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I redeemed it online and it said didn't say Trial or Demo on the confirmation page. I just checked my download queue on my actual 360 and it does say Trial. Would be cool if they sent us keys for the actual retail version ;)

[quote name='GenPirate']Yeah, I redeemed it online and it said didn't say Trial or Demo on the confirmation page. I just checked my download queue on my actual 360 and it does say Trial. Would be cool if they sent us keys for the actual retail version ;)[/QUOTE]

In the email it states "When the Beta concludes, you can keep the Ms. Splosion Man Trial Version. You will be able to purchase the full version when the game releases this summer."

Would be cool if they did. But still this is going to be fun! Dl'ing now. :bouncy:

[quote name='Waxxxz018']In the email it states "When the Beta concludes, you can keep the Ms. Splosion Man Trial Version. You will be able to purchase the full version when the game releases this summer."

Would be cool if they did. But still this is going to be fun! Dl'ing now. :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

Oh well, still cool that we can at least play it before anyone else :D

Wish we were gonna get to keep this once it releases, but we will see if TP has a change of heart. I wouldnt be that surprised if all the Beta folks got a full copy. Got mine downloading now, but its taking forever. Hoping the wife will get into this with me but we will see if its simple enough

I gotta say, I'm a bit surprised that they didn't decide to give the full version for the beta. Perhaps it's because they're a smaller studio.

[quote name='ErezYehuda']I gotta say, I'm a bit surprised that they didn't decide to give the full version for the beta. Perhaps it's because they're a smaller studio.[/QUOTE]

I'm not. It said that we'd get to try a few new levels each week. They want to test the online functionality because 'Splosion Man's launch didn't go as good as planned (though I think it sold rather well).

got mine, downloading now. it would be cool surprise if they ended up giving us the full version in the end! wishful thinking i guess. cool opportunity though!

Anyone tried unlocking the full version? It says "-1 point" as the price. I wonder if it just won't work.

Edit: Nevermind

pointsq.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Got my token earlier as well.

And it's a good thing they're doing a beta this time around from what I've heard. I didn't get the original Splosion Man until it went on sale, but I heard the online component was nearly unplayable. I'll probably end up doing the co-op on this game locally (like I did with the last one), but hopefully this beta will clear up any problems for those who don't have the option to play local co-op.

[quote name='SporkWielder']And it's a good thing they're doing a beta this time around from what I've heard. I didn't get the original Splosion Man until it went on sale, but I heard the online component was nearly unplayable. I'll probably end up doing the co-op on this game locally (like I did with the last one), but hopefully this beta will clear up any problems for those who don't have the option to play local co-op.[/QUOTE]

Definitely. I got it day one, and a few weeks after launch they had a "play with the developers" thing. I connected with some other randoms and an employee at Twisted Pixel... the game was very laggy. People were 'sploding and disappearing, only to reappear a few moments later, haha. It was really odd and made it hard to coordinate our 'splodes. It may have just been 4 player co-op, I'm not sure. A friend of mine just got an X360 and it plays fine whenever we play online (MD to TX).

[quote name='Chemosh013']Anyone tried unlocking the full version? It says "-1 point" as the price. I wonder if it just won't work.

pointsq.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Why blur out your points balance? :whistle2:?

Got mine as well and already redeemed the code. Just have to turn on my Xbox and download it :)

[quote name='Chemosh013']Anyone tried unlocking the full version? It says "-1 point" as the price. I wonder if it just won't work.

pointsq.jpg
[/QUOTE]

the same thing happened when i was trying to download the escalation map pack when it was first being released. i think its just microsoft's way of inventoring the game without it actually being there

Beta doesn't equal free guys. But it does suck there's no exclusive avatar award or something for beta testers.

Also couldn't get a multiplayer game going again earlier. I didn't freeze like the first time but it seemed non-responsive. I was able to exit to the dash though.

[quote name='killer9']the last beta they did gave halo reach free come on[/QUOTE]

Different company. Reach was from MS. This is from Twisted Pixel.

And yes, I really wish they would have given us some avatar award or something.

[quote name='killer9']the last beta they did gave halo reach free come on[/QUOTE]

No they did not give Halo Reach for free, unless you are talking about the Xbox Preview which is a COMPLETELY different thing. They were testing out the new disc format which required the usage of a different disc that needed to be sent out. That is why they did give it for 'free'.

[quote name='Chemosh013']Different company. Reach was from MS. This is from Twisted Pixel.

And yes, I really wish they would have given us some avatar award or something.[/QUOTE]

Maybe they will? Let's wait and see. What's up with these expectations of getting something free ON TOP of getting to play the game before anyone else? C'mon guys...

hopefully the multiplayer will work pretty soon since this game just like the first has alot of potential.

played abit,
the quotes she says while running about. kept me laughing the whole 2 levels i got to play
wish i could pay for the full version now..

I'm a little disappointed with this so far. I mean, it's good and all, but it's so damn easy. It holds your hand too much, especially during the boss battle. Oh well, at least it's fun. Hopefully it gets much more challenging because if it doesn't, it won't last half as long as the first game.

[quote name='Kolma']played abit,
the quotes she says while running about. kept me laughing the whole 2 levels i got to play
wish i could pay for the full version now..[/QUOTE]

I very rarely laugh at anything (I have actually been told I act like a grumpy old man) and I was cracking up during her Spice Girls thing and then she started pretending to be on the phone, shit was hilarious.

Last edited by a moderator:
I couldn't concur more, the Dialog is great, but being that I skipped the tutuorial, I wasn't expecting two levels of cake walking, I had hoped for some more puzzle elements

bread's done
Back