Chaos Field - GameCube

Worth the $29.99 imo. First time I booted it up I was like WTF the first two enemies you encounter are pretty crazy for the first enemies....until you realize that there's an attack that clears projectiles in front of you. :p Still a fun shooter though.

Some people complain that it isn't the best offering as far as recent shooters go but, hell, considering the absolute rarity that is known as the "Decent SHMUP Release", I'll take whatever I can get!

Besides, supporting Chaos Field may at least result in some other titles being brought over here, or at least I can dream of such a thing happening. Well, that and the fact that if Best Buy has Chaos Field in for $29.99, that $10 coupon will...well, let's just say a new shooter for $19.99 would be right up my alley!

Has any retailer gotten this game besides Ebgames, Gamestop and similar stores?

I reserved my copy of the game before it came out, and when i purchased it last wednesday all of their copies were already spoken for. It could be rather difficult to find later on down the road.

It's actually quite an amazing shooter, even though it starts off rather par.

[quote name='dyreschlock']Has any retailer gotten this game besides Ebgames, Gamestop and similar stores?

I reserved my copy of the game before it came out, and when i purchased it last wednesday all of their copies were already spoken for. It could be rather difficult to find later on down the road.

It's actually quite an amazing shooter, even though it starts off rather par.[/QUOTE]

Where did you get it? My EB says it still isn't out yet (and their web site says it ships today) - and I even preordered it.

I got my copy at Gamestop down in Iowa. They received 4 copies i think. I had one on reserve, my pal that works there had 2 on reserve, and the other one was also on reserve (probably for my friend's friend) ^_^.

They got it December 14th, Wednesday Morning.

[quote name='dyreschlock']I got my copy at Gamestop down in Iowa. They received 4 copies i think. I had one on reserve, my pal that works there had 2 on reserve, and the other one was also on reserve (probably for my friend's friend) ^_^.

They got it December 14th, Wednesday Morning.[/QUOTE]

Man, I just called EB here and they still have not gotten it in yet - I may just have to cancel my preorder and get it elsewhere.... thanks for the info

This games out?
;_;
I coulda swore I heard of a delay, so I didn't ask for it for Christmas.
Boxing day, here I come ~_~

I ended up paying the $30 for it at Gamestop. Probably a wise investment considering it's already hard to find anywhere besides a Gamestop.

So only GS and EB (and probably Fry's) are known to have this at the moment. Darn was hoping BB would have. $10 off would have been great, but I have some money and this seems like a pretty good shmup in the vein of Ikaruga. Will have to be on the look out for it.

I decided to splurge and get this yesterday with my Christmas money. I got the last copy at my closest GameStop (although according to GameStop.com, almost every store in the Portland area has at least one copy).

And GS is the only place I've seen it too.

Come to think of it, I just remembered that a GameCrazy employee on another board said his store only got one copy, which someone had preordered.

It is a really poor game imo ...I know I will get flamed for saying that. I have the dc version....way way too short. Hopefully they improved it

...Guitar Hero, anyone?

Canadian shipments were delayed, and my local Zellers, Future Shop, Blockbuster, and Toys R Us arent even getting any. EBGames is getting two, ones pre-ordered, and the shipment is delayed until 12/31/05, which means "until further notice".

Bleh.

damn... i'm glad that i pre-ordered mine..

Chaos Field is pretty decent.. certainly not the greatest shooter, but it's still quite enjoyable in my opinion.

[quote name='ryosnk']Has anyone found this game at other retail stores (other then gamestop)?[/QUOTE]

I think I saw it at EB but that really doesn't count since Gamestop owns them.

I wouldn't be surprised if Fry's carries this game since they tend to carry a lot of obscure stuff (from what I've heard).

picked this up at my GS. Loving it so far, thanks OP would otherwise never have heard of it.

At Nintendo World, we have Chaos Field in stock and are slowly selling them but are sitting on 8 more copies of the game because noone knows we have them (until now!)

At Nintendo World, we are slowly selling it but remain at 8 copies right now because noone else knows we are carrying it (until now!) :lol:

bread's done
Back