Characters in SSBB Sakurai is considering

Here's my list of characters I personally want in the game.

3rd Party

Leon S. Kennedy.
Soma.
Bub. (From Puzzle Bobble/Bubble Bobble)
Naruto.
The Noid. (From Yo Noid!)
Earthworm Jim.

1st Party

R.O.B.
Chibi Robo.
Dude from Pikmin.
Paper Mario.

Like I said before so many possibilities.

And by the numbers Mario and Zelda have sold better then Super Smash Bros in the past. Twilight Princess which has none of the bed press of the Wind Waker could easily outsell it this time around. And I for one think the Galaxy aspect of Mario can easily puch it to at least equal if not exceed Super Smash Bros in sales. To bad it's not a launch title that'll hurt it. And from what i've heard there releasing limited numbers of Zelda on the Gamecube and it will only launch stateside and not in other regions. So unless that changes expect it to sell out fast. I for one had no problems switching my pre-order to the Wii version at BlockBuster so I don't care.

Aside from Geno, who is my absolute favorite candidate ever, I'd like to see Culex as a boss. Imagine him using his 4 orbs to attack players. It would be neat to see.

You know what they could do that would be neat. Downloadable content for the Wii in the form of new stages and charecters on the Connect 24 service.

From the NSider forums:

[quote name='Sakurai'] This is Masahiro Sakurai, the game designer on Smash Bros. Hi.

Thank you all very much for your responses! It looks like people are split pretty evenly over which of the four new characters is their favorite. That’s good.

I was well aware that Pit was a popular character in both America and Japan. I tried as best I could to design this version of him in a way that reflected current tastes, so I’m happy to see him so well received.

The creator of Kid Icarus has even jokingly asked if he could make a spin-off using this Pit model.

As for Meta Knight, when I left my previous company I never thought I’d be laying a hand on this character again, let alone on Smash Bros.

Kirby is a character I designed when I was 19 years old, but I created Meta Knight when I was 22. I knew the character was popular in Japan, but last time around I held off and didn’t include him in the game. I wanted to put other people’s titles ahead of my own.

I put Zero Suit Samus in thinking I wanted to include more characters from the popular Metroid series. Also, since Smash Bros. has few female characters, I was quite happy to include her.

I bet you were all surprised by the appearance of Snake!

Finally we’ve gotten over the wall that separates different game makers, but of course this was due to the cooperation of many different people. Now, Smash Snake is fighting furiously and sneaking before my very eyes.

Wario seems to be the only character who isn’t very popular. Is it bad I included him? No, I don’t think that’s the case. You can all look forward to his unprecedented “contributions.”

Thank you all very much for voting. I’m sure there are a lot of different expectations out there, but I’ll work to create something that everyone will enjoy. [/quote]

Pretty sure Wario was the "least popular" because he was the most expected. He didn't have the "OMGWTF" factor the others did.

Do you think Fisher would be in there? He's more associated with XBOX. I think if he were in, Master Cheif would be in with him...but seeing how Rare is cool with Nintendo who knows.
The only characters I would want in for sure would be sonic and crew. If sonic is in, they should have Tails, knuckles and Amy to complment.

Screw Snake, heres how they should've done it:

raiden.jpg

Snake wishes he could be as cool as the R-man.

i say ninentdo needs to make 2 versions of the game... one with popular characters and one with characters that barely anyone knows about. The amount of famous characters in the game ruins it for me (though the game needs it to be an actual game). For the non famous version:

Koopa Kids
Goomba
Slippy
Those random kids from Mario Golf
Some Chibi Robo Baddies
Electroplankton
Band of Brothers
Pizza Dinosaur from Wario Ware
The chickens from zelda
some of the bosses from Metroid
King Dede

MGS4 is PS3 only. And Snake is in the game. I'm sure Sony was annoyed about that announcement. He's basically there mascot afterall.

Is it just me, or does Snake look like Kenny Loggins?

"Entering the Danger Zone. Initiate Operation Footloose, then return to Pooh Corner!"

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']for some reason I wish it was big boss... ever since MGS3 I've realized Solid is such a wimp compared to big boss...[/QUOTE]

Yeah, same here. Not that I don't love Solid Snake, but Big boss is just so...so...badass.

I'm still holding out for a BB alternate costume.

[quote name='Blind the Thief']Yeah, same here. Not that I don't love Solid Snake, but Big boss is just so...so...badass.

I'm still holding out for a BB alternate costume.[/quote]

Big Boss is a natural-born badass, while Solid Snake is a test tube badass.

[quote name='megaseadramon']
New characters announced and removed

Removed from old game
young link
Game and watch
and Ice climbers
[/quote]

:( Game and Watch is one of my favorites. His forward smash is fast as shit, and if you can handle him well, he can outdo even Fox in terms of speedy delivery of high quality ass kicking. He will be missed.

Hate Young Link. He is second only to Bowser.

Ice Climbers are great against slower guys: unleashing ass-rape a.k.a. Nana-aided smash will be missed as well.

Added
Bowser junior
Cel Shaded link
Ridley (from metroid)

Thanks for clarification, I thought you meant "Ridley Scott." :p fuck yes, I've been hoping for his ass. (replaying Metroid Prime right now, actually) It's exciting that it's Meta-Ridley, too, because he's a mean looking mother enthusiast.

Cel Shaded Link? Sure, I'll go with that. That's like saying "Young Link is going to be cel-shaded this time"...

Bowser and Donkey Kong are bad characters in Melee, although some could say that I have not mastered them, because they suck really bad. :) In any case, if Bowser Junior will be at least a little tiny bit faster than Bowser, I'll be supah happy.

Thanks for the news...

I thought I heard the above was still just a rumor. I can't remember if it was on here or another forum, but I have big doubts with Ice Climbers being removed since Miyamoto loves them so much.

If it's not on the official site, I don't believe it...

If true, Bowser Jr sounds terrible. I've never liked that character. In fact, we don't need baby versions of any of the characters, Young Link notwithstanding. Ridley could be awesome. Cel Shaded Link doesn't make sense with the graphical style of the game. Granted, same argument could be said for MG&W, but that's somewhat different...

Anyway, I reserve further thoughts until we see it concrete.

Edit: Yes, this was posted last Friday at PGC.com's forums, and no one over there said it held much water either. Some peopel searched the net for confirmation but found nothing.

So it's still just a rumor, ladies.

[quote name='Strell']So it's still just a rumor, ladies.[/quote]

Hmm... The website doesn't get updated often, though. It took them weeks to put up the confirmed characters from the intro movie.

I guess the truth is obvious: wait for it, and wait for it some more.

[quote name='Strell']I thought I heard the above was still just a rumor. I can't remember if it was on here or another forum, but I have big doubts with Ice Climbers being removed since Miyamoto loves them so much.

If it's not on the official site, I don't believe it...

If true, Bowser Jr sounds terrible. I've never liked that character. In fact, we don't need baby versions of any of the characters, Young Link notwithstanding. Ridley could be awesome. Cel Shaded Link doesn't make sense with the graphical style of the game. Granted, same argument could be said for MG&W, but that's somewhat different...

Anyway, I reserve further thoughts until we see it concrete.

Edit: Yes, this was posted last Friday at PGC.com's forums, and no one over there said it held much water either. Some peopel searched the net for confirmation but found nothing.

So it's still just a rumor, ladies.[/QUOTE]

Some guy made it up on another forum (gamefaqs, i think) and it spread like wildfire as fact.

[quote name='megaseadramon']Has it been proven absolutely false?[/QUOTE]

In the sense that there are rumors running around that are just as strange and/or insane - such as an exclusive Wii RE title in 2009 - that have been proven false, yes, so has this one.

I will not use the modifier "completely" because stranger shit has happened in the past, but I really wouldn't put too much stock into this announcement. Especially because the site in question gives a very weak he-said-she-said argument for the source. "Oh it was on a radio show."

Ok.

[quote name='MarioColbert']:( Game and Watch is one of my favorites. His forward smash is fast as shit, and if you can handle him well, he can outdo even Fox in terms of speedy delivery of high quality ass kicking. He will be missed.[/QUOTE]

I too would be very sad to see Mr. Game & Watch go. I've got a pretty substantial collection of the Game & Watches and it was pure nostalgia to unlock him.

The other exclusions/additions sound good, especially Ridley and cel-shaded Link. Not so hot for Baby Bowser, but maybe he'll have some cool abilities.

[quote name='Ikohn4ever']dude not the ice climbers, i love those lil fuckers and its so humiliating to my friends when I beat them down with twin hammers[/QUOTE]

I'll throw in my "PRZ DONT RUSE ICE CUH-RYYM-BAHS" vote.

Primarily because:

The funniest thing I've ever seen in SSBM was when we were playing four player. My buddy Donny comes in and starts talking shit like he's badass, even though he'd never played the game before. So he convinces everyone to pick Ice Climbers. We all do, and at the last second he chose Kirby.

So at this point we have seven damn characters onscreen, and Donny is just screaming KIRBAH! KIRBAH! GOOOO KIRBAH! over and over. At which point he swallows somemone and becomes an Ice Climber.

At this point, it was absolutely impossible to tell who was controlling who. This was virtual madness and chaos being carried out on the screen. I was laughing so hard I fell over with tears streaming down my face. I don't even remember what happened in the match. I think we were on the Rainbow Ship or something.

But damn that was hilarious....

[quote name='Tybee']I too would be very sad to see Mr. Game & Watch go. I've got a pretty substantial collection of the Game & Watches and it was pure nostalgia to unlock him.

The other exclusions/additions sound good, especially Ridley and cel-shaded Link. Not so hot for Baby Bowser, but maybe he'll have some cool abilities.[/QUOTE]

I doubt they'd take him out.

1. He's one of the most unique characters there, along with the Ice-Climbers
2. He's an important part of Nintendo's early videogame history.
3. That rumor was stupid and fake.

[quote name='Strell']I'll throw in my "PRZ DONT RUSE ICE CUH-RYYM-BAHS" vote.[/quote]
I'm going to blow my cover on this one, but the match you speak of happened on the good old BATTLEFIELD stage. Donny's consumption of Ice Climbers' power had personified by the satisfied yell "KIRBY UNDERCOVER, BITCH!" and complete mayhem, since I don't think that any of us had any idea who was who, INCLUDING Donny after he went "undercover."

You actually paused the game to cry from laughter, Strell, which pissed me off quite a bit, as I recall, being that I really wanted to pwn Kirby bad. You actually put your controller down, and wiped the tears out of your eyes. That was, arguably, one of the best Smash Bros. matches ever played.

Although... My best experience was when I was getting my ass beat in a Mario vs. Mario battle on Majora Mask stage. My buddy sealed the deal, and I was doing down into the ocean. I must have tried to recover something like seven times in a row, while being constantly knocked out in the area where the turtle used to be. Finally, he slammed me down, and I gave up.

The waters moved, and my Mario emerged, looking strikingly victorious, above the turtle, whose decision to surface could not have possibly come at a better time. We were both so awestruck at the impeccable timing and dramatic effect, that we hesitated a second or two, before I inevitably jumped of the turtle and smashed the fuck out of Brandon.

I can not think of a single other game that I've gotten such mileage out of. That considered, bring it on with new characters, and bring it on without Ice Climbers: as long as Wii takes the GCN disks, I would love a reason to put the Melee disk back in.

EDIT: Removed pretentious language.

I want some kind of really bizzare unlockable character like a Tetris block. That would actually make a really good item if they suddenly just start falling from the sky onto someone.

This rumor seems to have spread a lot...it's even on 1up (ok, so they print rumors, but they rarely mistake them for fact).

I really hope this is a rumor; I'd be sad to see Game and Watch and the Ice Climbers gone.

Ridley would be fucking amazing to see in the game, so let's cross our fingers, shall we? And, uh, "Celda" would be a good addition. He oculd easily place Young Link, but add some unique stuff to the mix (though I agree, he would look a bit out of place).

And Baby Bowser can fucking die in a ditch somewhere, for all I care. Not only is he terrible character design (cloth bandit mask thingy not withstanding), but, to me, he represents the disappearance of the Koopa Kids, who were awesome.

[quote name='Blind the Thief']And Baby Bowser can fucking die in a ditch somewhere, for all I care. Not only is he terrible character design (cloth bandit mask thingy not withstanding), but, to me, he represents the disappearance of the Koopa Kids, who were awesome.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I really wish they'd bring back the Koopa Kids (especially Iggy Koopa) instead of Bowser Jr. They were much cooler.

Knowing Nintendo and their track record, I have my money on them pulling something out of their ass, just like the did with Pit, and everyone going "...holy shit!"

Ridley would be an obvious bad-ass, so I hope that he's a correct "prediction."

Concerning virtually every other rumor concerning Brawl, I have my money on "you guys aren't even close" (you guys refers to the rumor spreaders, not literally YOU GUYS on the forum). Last but not least, I really wonder what the FINAL final roster will be.

And, of course, an addition of Sonic and/or Mega Man will blow me out of the water, because it's simply "too good to be true." What "ownz" about Smash Bros. as opposed to any other fighting franchise, is that they can announce a brand new roster of characters, none of which would remain unfamiliar. Can't compete with that kind of word of mouth, so I bet this sort of speculation is exactly what they are counting on.

I might be in the minority here, but I think Bowser, Jr. could be pretty cool if they have him using the paintbrush as a weapon. And imagine him being able to transform into Shadow Mario.

I actually hope for the entire cast to be removed to make way for all the lower end nintendo characters... like the snakes in Super Mario Bros 2! Now those guys are badass! ;)

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']I actually hope for the entire cast to be removed to make way for all the lower end nintendo characters... like the snakes in Super Mario Bros 2! Now those guys are badass! ;)[/QUOTE]

SNAKES IN A GAME?!

The Japanese poll ended a few hours ago. The results of who will be in the game should be posted on the Japanese site by tomorrow or Sunday.

Color me excited.

[quote name='Greetard']The Japanese poll ended a few hours ago. The results of who will be in the game should be posted on the Japanese site by tomorrow or Sunday.

Color me excited.[/QUOTE]

let the japanese fanboyism begin!

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']let the japanese fanboyism begin![/QUOTE]

Japan probably wants Nintendo vs. Final Fantasy.

Though I must admit, being able to bitchslap Cloud would be a dream come true. It'll never happen of course.

[quote name='megaseadramon']Has it been proven absolutely false?[/QUOTE]
Seeing as how the guy who created the rumor admitted that it was false (Remember, at first it was presented as breaking news, not as a rumor or prediction), I would say it has been proven to be false.

[quote name='Strell']Japan probably wants Nintendo vs. Final Fantasy.

Though I must admit, being able to bitchslap Cloud would be a dream come true. It'll never happen of course.[/QUOTE]

I'm on the same boat as you with this game.

[quote name='Strell']Japan probably wants Nintendo vs. Final Fantasy.

Though I must admit, being able to bitchslap Cloud would be a dream come true. It'll never happen of course.[/QUOTE]
Well.. its not quite a bitch slap, but you could hit him with a giant key ala Kingdom Hearts :D

I hate to admit it...

I hate to think it...

I hate to even consider it...

But several people above posted "Knowing Nintendo, they will probably..."

And dare I finish the quote in a realistic manner..."Knowing Nintendo, thinking about the Mario sports series, even the great Mario Kart series, etc...they will probably vomit the following new characters all over this blessed franchise: Baby Mario, Baby Luigi, Baby Bowser, and so on." Heaven help us.

[quote name='Strell']Though I must admit, being able to bitchslap Cloud would be a dream come true. It'll never happen of course.[/QUOTE]

Though not as good, there's always Ehrgeiz.

[quote name='SMMM']SNAKES IN A GAME?![/QUOTE]

You, sir, are amazing.

[quote name='chosen1s']I hate to admit it...

I hate to think it...

I hate to even consider it...

But several people above posted "Knowing Nintendo, they will probably..."

And dare I finish the quote in a realistic manner..."Knowing Nintendo, thinking about the Mario sports series, even the great Mario Kart series, etc...they will probably vomit the following new characters all over this blessed franchise: Baby Mario, Baby Luigi, Baby Bowser, and so on." Heaven help us.[/QUOTE]

Don't forget Petey Pirannha. *sigh*

I really hate him...

[quote name='Blind the Thief']Don't forget Petey Pirannha. *sigh*

I really hate him...[/QUOTE]

More than King Boo? ;)

Yet one more reason why Mario Kart for the DS was infinitely better than the GameCube version.

bread's done
Back