Charlottesville, VA CAG hotspots?

Best Buy have a "yard sale" going on at the moment. If you went while that was on and weren't impressed then prepare to be dissapointed as that is as good as it gets here. I picked up the last copy of geometry wars:galaxies for $10.

[quote name='poppabk']Best Buy have a "yard sale" going on at the moment. If you went while that was on and weren't impressed then prepare to be dissapointed as that is as good as it gets here. I picked up the last copy of geometry wars:galaxies for $10.[/quote]

Thanks for the reply poppabk.

I went by Circuit City and found some stuff I wanted in their clearance bins. Better than BB for sure.

And Plan 9 is worthless for used games!

I was in the Charlottesville area for 7 years and unfortunately there isn't much to choose from. Best Buy usually does not sell out of sale items like they do in the larger cities. If you're going to be frequenting Game Stop, the best one by far is up 29 North by Target. Target is very well stocked and is usually a ghost town since it's not easily accessible by many of the college students. Other than that, Circuit City never has anything and the employees are clueless.

Honestly, there isn't much there, period. Plan 9 never really should have started taking games, because they don't push them like they should, not even here in Richmond at their much larger main store. That, and a lot of the times the used prices are much higher (or lower) than GS, so they don't really know what the games are worth. if I worked there it might be a different story :)

What brings you to Charlottesville? I pass through there once in awhile but never have a reason to stop. Well, I take that back, I saw the (new formation of) Smashing Pumpkins there 2 weeks ago.

The K-mart is/was a gold mine...I got a live vision pack there and a bunch of games every so often, but they've redone the electronics so I don't know how great it is now. The toys-r-us there is fairly decent when the deals are new, they don't seem to have a lot of stock but if you jump on things early, they usually have some left...for example a live vision pack and the recent clearance games like Zack and Wiki, Beautiful Katamari, etc.... They've also redone their game department so no more old, dusty treasures sitting around. Now Sears just sucks in Charlottesville, I've never found any good deals there. Target is okay, they usually mark down clearance later than others and run out faster.

Yeah you're pretty much out of luck in Charlottesville. The best Gamestop is the one in Hollymead Centre near Target. Most people don't go to that one.

Other things: Try Pig and Steak in Madison, VA north off of 29. Its great. Moreover, for great plays check out the Black Friars in Staunton, VA with the recreation of the Globe theatre.

Good hiking: Old Rag (a definite!) and I think its called White Canyon George or something like that. Also, if you ever do Skyline drive, and plan on going there more than twice invest in the yearly pass that costs around $30.

Decent Mechanic: Settle's.

Stopped by BB yesterday and found Harvey Birdman (PS2) for $10. They had about 6 of them. Most of the other games on the clearance rack were crappy movie games - Golden Compass, Meet the Robinsons, etc.

CC has loaded up their clearance bins too. I didn't find anything I wanted but there were a ton of games.

I live out in Charlottesville, and I find that K-Mart can have some deals at times... better yet though... whats you'se guy's xbox gamertags so I can play with some Cvillers!

bread's done
Back