Cheap 26"-32" HDTV?

hobotastic

CAGiversary!
Hey guys, I just recently got a PS3 and had ambitions to play it on a monitor I currently own. Long story short that really did not work out very well. So at this point I am looking fo an HDTV because standard def gaming was not why I bought a PS3. Does anyone know of any deals for HDTV"s 26"-32" in size? I'm looking to spend 400-500$. Thanks in advance.

I just picked up a 26" Panasonic HDTV for $500 at my local Circuit City Outlet store. See if you can find one in your area, they have great deals.

I bought it for the same reason you did, I recently bought a PS3.

[quote name='hobotastic']Hey guys, I just recently got a PS3 and had ambitions to play it on a monitor I currently own. Long story short that really did not work out very well. So at this point I am looking fo an HDTV because standard def gaming was not why I bought a PS3. Does anyone know of any deals for HDTV"s 26"-32" in size? I'm looking to spend 400-500$. Thanks in advance.[/QUOTE]

http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Elem...92026/catOid/-12867/rpem/ccd/productDetail.do

$449.99

Well, here is a 32 inch that is made by Element I know that I have the 19 inch version which I've enjoyed for just over a year. They are a company that is sold only at Circuit City. Also, this TV is only available in the outlet stores or online. It goes up to 1080p even though it states that it goes up to 720p.

I'm debating on getting one myself.

[quote name='Nicko']I have got a question for you guys. Target has a Sony Bravia 32" 720p LCD HDTV for $686 in the recent ad. I was thinking about maybe going over to Circuit City and getting a 110% price match which would bring it down to about $620. Do you guys think this is a decent TV?

Also, anyone know of any coupons for CC that we could use?

http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Sony...sem/rpsm/oid/209058/rpem/ccd/productDetail.do

Nicko[/quote]

That's actually the same TV I've been looking at.
I recently bought a Samsung 32" 720 there, and for what it was... it was a good TV but my Wii and other older systems (ps2, dreamcast, etc,) looked horrid on it because of the scaler. It had a lot of ports... none said they actually supported 480i/480p. But that Sony says it does. And it's gotten some decent ratings.

What is this 110% price match you speak of.
:whistle2:k lol

Thanks for the help so far, I haven't decided on anything yet. What do you guys think about the quality of Vizio and Element? They certainly seem to be the cheapest but is that going to hurt noticiably when it comes to quality?

Im in the same predicament myself, only currently i dont have a tv of my own anymore and since im moving into an apartment next month i only have then to get one.

Heres a couple that i have found that might fit your needs at the smaller end.

Samsung LN 23A330 for 579.99 http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=8742621&type=product&id=1202648987521

Toshiba 26AV500U for 549.99 http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=8747886&type=product&id=1202649422582

Sony Bravia KDL-26M4000 for 599.99 http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=8783578&type=product&id=1205246214589

For the 32 ive heard decent things about this one

Westinghouse SK-32H540S http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=8761299&type=product&id=1202650704376

Does anyone have any experince with any of these models?

[quote name='CosmosTheMouse']
What is this 110% price match you speak of.
:whistle2:k lol[/QUOTE]

Circuit City has a policy where if you find an in stock item advertised for cheaper than they offer it for, they will beat the price by 10%. If you look on the bottom of page 2 in the most recent sunday ad, you can read about it. Also, if you find it for cheaper 60 days after you bought it, they will refund you the difference.

Also, this Sony Bravia has a contrast ratio of 2000:1. Is that very good? I know some other LCDs have 10000:1 ratios. Does it really matter that much?

Nicko

I got that westinghouse tv. Its nice for ps3 or 360. I bought it on black Friday like 400 bux hahahah

[quote name='Nicko']Circuit City has a policy where if you find an in stock item advertised for cheaper than they offer it for, they will beat the price by 10%. If you look on the bottom of page 2 in the most recent sunday ad, you can read about it. Also, if you find it for cheaper 60 days after you bought it, they will refund you the difference.

Also, this Sony Bravia has a contrast ratio of 2000:1. Is that very good? I know some other LCDs have 10000:1 ratios. Does it really matter that much?

Nicko[/quote]

In theory yes, a higher contrast ratio is better, but the problem is that their is no standard for measuring it that is accepted in the industry, and almost always the real contrast ratio is much lower than what is advertised when you get into the high thousands.

The same goes for response time, no standard for measuring so compnaies can claim whatever they want up to a point, ive even heard of some companies only measuring half the refresh time.

Also yao, how is the westinghouse for sd content. I wont be having many hd channels with my apt, ill only have their free cable service,

[quote name='Fragonard']I just picked up a 26" Panasonic HDTV for $500 at my local Circuit City Outlet store. See if you can find one in your area, they have great deals.

I bought it for the same reason you did, I recently bought a PS3.[/quote]

I recently contacted my local Circuit City and they told me that there was no such thing as an outlet store when I inquired as to their location. Was that a load of crap? How did you find yours? Thanks

Interesting. Either they don't have any in your state or the guy has no idea what hes talking about. The CC Outlet I went to is in Federal Way, Washington. It used to be a real store, but got converted to a outlet because the location is pretty crappy.

I just checked on the CC site, if you go to store locator, type in your area code, it will list the stores near you and it says which ones are an outlet store. Hope that helps.

Im trying to decide between two tvs

I can get the Sony Bravia KDL-26M4000 for 599.99 and use a 12 percent off coupon

or i can get the Samsung LN26A450 for 629.99 with no other discounts.

I tried to use the coupon that i got in an email from best buy but they said the samsung was on sale and apparently the coupon doesnt cover sale items.

From what ive seen in store and read at CNET the sammy is the better of the two, but the price is also going to be a good deal more after tax.

Which do you think is the better deal? Sacrifice some picture quality for a sizeable discount, or pay more for a better overall PQ

Sony and Samsung are neck and neck for high end LCD's you also pay a little bit more with them.. but you ALWAYS get what you pay for...

[quote name='Rollett']Sony and Samsung are neck and neck for high end LCD's you also pay a little bit more with them.. but you ALWAYS get what you pay for...[/quote]

Thats very true. My last tv was a cheap apex 27 inch, so its been a while since i had a nice tv.

CNEt gives the sony a 7.0 and the sammy a 7.6

But ive seen what the insignias and dynex's look like in store and you definetly get what you pay for with those.

Toshiba, Sharp, and Panasonic are the only other brands i will buy, but unfortunetly Best Buy doesnt carry many of those in this size or price range.

Is 629.99 too high for a tv this size?

You might want to check your local Kmart. I just picked up a Sony Bravia KDL-26ML130 for $490 on clearance. It's a really nice TV, and identical to the 26M3000 except for some cosmetic differences.

Well i bit on the LN26A450. The dept manager gave me a deal letting me have it for 599.99 instead of the sale price of 629.99. Still couldnt use the coupon i had, but thats the lowest price ive seen for it at any brick and morter. Got a matching samsung upconverting dvd player for 49 dollars for buying the tv.

For what it's worth, if you're buying from Best Buy you can usually get a 10% off TV's coupon at any post office in the Change of Address kits they have around.

bread's done
Back