cheap 360 wireless adaptor

GeneralJenkins

CAGiversary!
hey yall,

have my xbox upstairs in my house and need a way to connect it to live. ive been using my laptop but its getting kinda annoying hooking it up everytime.

anyone know any good deals on the official wireless adaptor or another brand that i could use with my 360? ...any info would be very appreciated.

check your local pawn shops, one near me has a MS usb one for the 360 for 50$

or ebay, I found a wireless D-Link game adapter 802.11g with high speed for 25 shipped

[quote name='hbkdinobot']I use the Buffalo Airstation. It works great you can get it for around $55, maybe cheaper if you look harder. Its east to set up and it has 4 ports in case you want to hook up more than just Xbox.

http://www.amazon.com/Buffalo-Techn...5?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1188592119&sr=1-1[/QUOTE]
i was going to say that. anyway, you can also use one of those homebridge ethernet to power plug adaptors. just plug both into the walll, then plug in some ethernet cables to your router and xbox. found them at clearance for $35 at cc, but at the website it's $120. You can find them around cheap now.

Question, so is that thing a bridge?

And will it communicate with my Linksys router? And do you just plug it into your 360 with an ethernet cable? Sorry, I just get confused when it comes to this stuff.

If you have any used game stores near you (local ones, not Gamestop) check them out as the one near always has a few that are marked at $55.

Otherwise if you don't want the buffalo airstation (which would work just fine) then you can check Amazon for the lowest price I believe.

[quote name='A Happy Panda']Question, so is that thing a bridge?

And will it communicate with my Linksys router? And do you just plug it into your 360 with an ethernet cable? Sorry, I just get confused when it comes to this stuff.[/quote]

Yeah it is a ethernet to wireless bridge, it should work with any wireless network. You just plug the ethernet cable into one of the ports. Your 360 will think its wired connected, but it will be connected wirelessly.

[quote name='blackbird3216']i was going to say that. anyway, you can also use one of those homebridge ethernet to power plug adaptors. just plug both into the walll, then plug in some ethernet cables to your router and xbox. found them at clearance for $35 at cc, but at the website it's $120. You can find them around cheap now.[/QUOTE]
Ok, this is what this stuff is. The Buffalo Airbridge connects to your network over wireless, and then connects to your xbox over ethernet. It will think it's wired, but its not. On the Homebridge adaptor, your network goes over your electrical wiring, and to your xbox. This is what happens:
You connect a ethernet cable from your router into one of the adaptors. The adaptor then brings the signal to the other adaptor, which connects to your xbox. basically, its a ethernet extension over your electrical wiring.

[quote name='GeneralJenkins']hey yall,

have my xbox upstairs in my house and need a way to connect it to live. ive been using my laptop but its getting kinda annoying hooking it up everytime.

anyone know any good deals on the official wireless adaptor or another brand that i could use with my 360? ...any info would be very appreciated.[/quote]

Stupid question time...How do you hook up your 360 through your laptop? I've been trying to figure that out for a long time...

[quote name='demolitio']Stupid question time...How do you hook up your 360 through your laptop? I've been trying to figure that out for a long time...[/quote]

I just tried it again and the test failed at the DNS settings part...any idea how to fix that?

This is great guys, I was actually considering buying the xbox360 one, but this will save me some dough.

But could anyone post a link on how to get it to connect through a laptop? It would be great to not have to relocate the 360 every time I want connect to live.

*edit* figured it out, just need to get a cross-over network cable.

im using a macbook so on that you can just share the connection thru system preferences and hard wire the laptop and 360. you can also share the connection with pc but im sorry im not entirely sure how.

[quote name='demolitio']Stupid question time...How do you hook up your 360 through your laptop? I've been trying to figure that out for a long time...[/quote]

right click network properties find where it has your ethernet port and wireless port listed, highlight both right click Bridge connections

plug in xbox to your ethernet port on laptop/pc and DONE

Another Q. So the set up is just plugging in the power, connecting it to my router and PC. Setting it up. Then unplugging it, and putting it next to my 360, then connecting it to the 360 with an ethernet cable? Not a crossover cable?

I'm only asking because my 360 and the router in my apartment next year will be on different levels of the apartment.

Edited.

So is that one linked to above the best one for the money?

It's on buy.com and I do need a Wireless gaming adapter. So $48 sounds good unless there is something better.

bread's done
Back