CHEAP 360s CANADA ONLY

thefitz2k6

CAG Veteran
Feedback
1 (100%)
Got a tip for your Canadian readers. I work in a Wal-mart in Canada Walmart Canada has their anniversary sale coming next Friday(sept 28th). One of the items for the electronics department is Microsoft's XBox 360 with 2 games...forza 2 and NHL 08. All for a great price of 347.97 Canadian. Also they have the NEW PSP with daxter i believe...the current bundle for 197.97...saving of 50buck on each. Only going to be on for that price for a week and its limited quantities in all the stores(i work in electronics in our store)I will try to get a few pictures of the ad but most of the flyer's are under lock and key for the next few days. Also lots of games for all the systems on the cheap

Awesome. I have a 360, but thats a hot deal. Any other news on sales (I wanna get my Price Match on-because I can't say I enjoy going near Walmart).

Actually the PS3 80gb model is like 50 bucks off the regular i do believe

as for games i dont remember only had a few min to look at the electronics part of the flyer....did notice that home theatres and tvs are on sale

Cool, I didn't think the slim PSP would be on sale...but is it going to be $30 off (197.97) or did you mean $179.97? I thought the normal price was around $229.99.

[quote name='TronB']Cool, I didn't think the slim PSP would be on sale...but is it going to be $30 off (197.97) or did you mean $179.97? I thought the normal price was around $229.99.[/quote]

Most likely they jacked up the price.

Good price on the 360... too bad I'm getting one from the Pepsi contest.

I assume this is the premium 360

Any deal on the elite ????

Also if I buy a 360 from walmart early in the week and it goes on sale on Friday for this price will they refund the difference in price. I am not that familiar with price matching and price guarantees

No deals on the Elite system.

How do I know? I work at one of the stores and have had access to this flyer for almost 2 weeks now.

Wait until this coming Thursday for more info.

The details have been posted on RFD from jEevion
Link

This is a copy/paste from the Video game deals.

GAMING HARDWARE/GAMES

PS3 80GB (Limit 1 per customer)
Motor Storm game bundle
Item #510872
$549.83 (Save $110)

XBOX360 Bundle (Limit 1 per customer)
NHL2K8 + Forza2 Game Bundle (Well its in the pic)
Item #526658
$347.63 (Save $50)

PSP Hardware (Limit 1 per customer)
PSP, AC Adapter, Battery Pack
Item #527116 / 569812
$148.77 (Save $50)

Gameboy Advance (Limit 1 per customer)
Item #528575 / 528582 / 563257
$69.83 (Save $17.94)

NGC Platinum
Item #523034 / 569397
$69.83 (Save $28.10)

GAMES (PS3)

Resistance: Fall of Man
Item #535964
$39.83 (Save $20)

Rainbow Six Vegas
Item #593209
$45.86 (Save $22)

GAMES XBOX360

Call of Duty 3
Item #518213
$18.83 (Save $36)

Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter
Item #540016
$18.93 (Save $8.93)

NHL 2K7
Item #533302
$18.93 (Save $14.55)

GAMES PSP

Sonic Rivals
Item #528063
$14.83 (Save $10)

Ratchet Clank Size Matters
Item #553982
$28.77 (Save $20)

GAMES NDS

Brain Age / Big Brain Academy / Brain Age 2
Item #563243 / 563250 / 599417
$14.93ea. (Save $5ea.)

Hannah Montana Music Jam
Item #510178
$19.77 (Save $5)

Harvest Moon DS
Item #587054
$24.83 (Save $13.80)

Pokemon Diamond / Pokemon Pearl
Item #560330 / 560337
$29.93 (Save $13.90)

GAMES PS2

NHL 2K7
Item #561040
$9.33 (Save $10)

God of War
Item #561040
$14.63 (Save $10)

GAMES GBA

Dogz
Item #542609
$18.93 (Save $18.90)

ASSORTED - $8.88 (See in-store selection for games)

GAMES XBOX

ASSORTED - $5.88 (See in-store selection for games)

GAMES COMPUTER

WOW Burning Crusade Expansion Set
Item #544819
$18.93 (Save $29.90)

GAMES WII

Sonic Secret Rings
Item #553240
$28.83 (Save $16)

Super Monkey Ball Banana Blitz
Item #528071
$19.83 (Save $15)

80 GIG deal on PS3 is hot! But I already have/love my PS3 60 GIG.

Pretty crappy deals on games (especially 360), but I'll definetly get Resistance for 37 bucks at FS.

Thanks Princess Zelda :D

The $5.88 XBOX games will be the same games that have been $9.99-$18.99 in the bargain bin.

I might pick up the Wii games for my Wii but other then that looks like I am saving money this time around

$19 CoD3? AGGHHH I bought it for $15 (2 for $30) at Rogers Video used with no instruction manual and still haven't played it =(

Im in the same boat as you Firestorm.Im upgrading my copy lol. I'll sell the no manual RV I have.

EDIT: actually the RV copy is in shit condition I think Im going to see if I can exchange it

Does anybody happen to know the trade in value for Forza 2 and NHL 2K8? This seems like my best shot to get a 360 anytime soon since I have $275 worth of walmart gift cards I got from my last job but I don't care for either of those games at all.

Forza is $36 @ BBV not sure about NHL 2k8. I'd buy it off you though for like $35 + shipping maybe. NHL is probably $42ish @ BBV

[quote name='nonrandomhero']think i might trade in bioshock soon towards the orange box....[/quote]

I wouldn't do that. EB gives $22 for BioShock

[quote name='nonrandomhero']think i might trade in bioshock soon towards the orange box....[/quote]

I'll give you $30 shipped =(

I'd be willing to give up to $40 shipped for a copy. My friend wants it lol

[quote name='Lone_Prodigy']Forza 2 is about $21 at EB. Dunno about NHL 2K8.[/quote]

OO holy crap that feels like a complete rip off after seeing the Blockbuster trade in values.

I guess it's better to trade in to blockbuster after all even if they don't have the verity that your looking for game wise.

I guess I'll check it out first to make sure they have something I want first before putting all my credit in one basket!

[quote name='Firestorm']I'll give you $30 shipped =([/quote]
[quote name='magiic']I'd be willing to give up to $40 shipped for a copy. My friend wants it lol[/quote]
sorry guys blockbuster said its worth 42 bucks.... plus scince i would be getting a game in return its considered bartering and i would get the tax on that as credit also so 48 bucks and i wouldnt be paying shipping..... its just not worth it. but it turns out as a good deal for me because i only paid 49.99 i think.

thats funny because they always have for me.... probly because its the law......

if anywhere in canada you trade an item towards another item they cannot tax you for the value of the item they are recieving.

like i said its considered bartering.

ive traded alot into BBV recently and have never payed tax on the games i recieved.

*edit* did you really think that EB... the store that completely rips you off on the value of games would give you extra money out of the kindness of their hearts? edge cards dont count because really they make more money off of people buying them and not using them..

eb puts the credit into my edge card, if i buy something for 59.99 thats exactly what they take from my card, no taxes.

and bbv puts the credit into a trading account card, if i buy something at 59.99 and use my TAcard, i am charged $68.39

i live in GTA btw

I get charged tax on all my BBV purchases too I live in BC. I dont think it has to do with me being in bc though as far as I know EB doesnt charge tax on credit purchases here.

[quote name='Gold_guardian']OO holy crap that feels like a complete rip off after seeing the Blockbuster trade in values.

I guess it's better to trade in to blockbuster after all even if they don't have the verity that your looking for game wise.

I guess I'll check it out first to make sure they have something I want first before putting all my credit in one basket![/quote]

Forza 2 was $44 when it came out. Then everyone got their free copies from the Pepsi contest, and MS began bundling it with the 360 Pro. Needless to say it dropped within days.

Details are emerging from RFD that the sale has started in Quebec. Their french flyer states the sales starts today Sept. 26 in QUEBEC.
The 360 is an exclusive bundle with Forza 2 and NHL 2K8 in the box. The person posting has pics that the unit and his has HDMI. Manufactureing Date 2007-07-07.

[quote name='nonrandomhero']thats funny because they always have for me.... probly because its the law......

if anywhere in canada you trade an item towards another item they cannot tax you for the value of the item they are recieving.

like i said its considered bartering.

ive traded alot into BBV recently and have never payed tax on the games i recieved.

*edit* did you really think that EB... the store that completely rips you off on the value of games would give you extra money out of the kindness of their hearts? edge cards dont count because really they make more money off of people buying them and not using them..[/QUOTE]
I have traded many thousands of $$ worth of games over the last few years in Ontario and have always had to pay tax on games I purchased at BBV with trade credit.

I have no idea what you are talking about. Is your actual location different than your stated (Ontario) location? Maybe they have differing bylaws in your region. I'm in the GTA and have traded from Niagara Falls to Oshawa, always paying tax on purchases.

i have traded in alot also im in stoney creek (hamilton).

i dont have an reciepts to show but i distinctly recall trading in lik 55 dollars worth of games and only paying tax on the remaining 5 dollars for shadowrun.

So, if this PSP is the new PSP Lite (which apparently people have been getting) I'll probably price match it at Futureshop. If the flyer isn't clear, then I'll just by it at Wal Mart along with Size Matters.
Then I'll go to Futureshop and get J'eanne D'Arc and Locoroco if its there, and then realize I spent WAY too much money :D

[quote name='Princess Zelda']Details are emerging from RFD that the sale has started in Quebec. Their french flyer states the sales starts today Sept. 26 in QUEBEC.
The 360 is an exclusive bundle with Forza 2 and NHL 2K8 in the box. The person posting has pics that the unit and his has HDMI. Manufactureing Date 2007-07-07.[/quote]
could it be the falcon motherboard with the 65nm cpu? i hope so, because that means ill have to pick one up!

[quote name='homiebear']Are these Forza/NHL2k8 that come with the 360 fully retail versions or comes in paper bag?[/quote]

Forza 2 comes in a box that says "Not for Resale" but BBV takes it anyway.
NHL 2k8 I'd assume is a retail box as it isn't an official bundle.

[quote name='nonrandomhero']i have traded in alot also im in stoney creek (hamilton).

i dont have an reciepts to show but i distinctly recall trading in lik 55 dollars worth of games and only paying tax on the remaining 5 dollars for shadowrun.[/quote]

I am also from that area and have only traded once but I actually have a question.

If I were to get the 360 deal from walmart do you think the Blockbusters by Eastgate mall would take Forza and NHL for 45ish each do they not trade?

[quote name='Jaguar604']could it be the falcon motherboard with the 65nm cpu? i hope so, because that means ill have to pick one up![/QUOTE]

No, the Falcon motherboard/CPU has not been seen in any retail system yet.

[quote name='Zeitgeist']I am also from that area and have only traded once but I actually have a question.

If I were to get the 360 deal from walmart do you think the Blockbusters by Eastgate mall would take Forza and NHL for 45ish each do they not trade?[/quote]

I think Forza 2 is $36, my guess on NHL 2k8 is around $38-$42

bread's done
Back