Cheap 3DS Games 2.0 - It's Back

umbry

CAGiversary!
Feedback
19 (95%)
vqucrx.png

*image made by Pekola

It's back. 2.0. Slowly rebuilding the thread and searching for deals.
A thread for us to keep track of cheap 3DS games and upcoming releases and deals,
If you have any deals post them in the thread and I will try and update the OP.
Or if you have deal questions ask here and we will try and help you out.

SALE SECTION

Key

SALE = SALE / AD SALE
CLE = Clearance meaning YRMV

Amazon

Bravely Second: End Layer - $24.94

- Chibi-Robo!: Zip Lash - $9.68

- Codename S.T.E.A.M. - $9.15
Final Fantasy Explorers - $14.99

LBX: Little Battlers eXperience - $8.85
Return to PopoloCrois: A STORY OF SEASONS Fairytale - $14.50

Theatrhythm Final Fantasy: Curtain Call - $12.53

Best Buy

Frys

GameStop

Target

Toy R Us

Walmart

GoHastings

UPCOMING 3DS Games Section

Monster Hunter Stories - 9/8
Metroid: Samus Returns - 9/15
Pokemon Gold/Silver - 9/22
Culdcept Revolt - 10/3
LAYTON’S MYSTERY JOURNEY: Katrielle and the Millionaires' Conspiracy - 10/6
Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga + Bowser's Minions - 10/6
Etrian Odyssey V: Beyond The Myth - 10/17
Pokemon Moon & Pokemon Sun -  11/17
Fire Emblem Warriors - 12/31
Radiant Historia: Perfect Chronology - 3/31                                                                   
Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey Redux3/31 (pre-order now since it is $29)

Digimon Universe : Appli Monsters

Monster Tale Ultimate - TBA
Donkey Kong Land - TBA
Mighty No 9 - TBA
New Atelier Rorona - TBA
Theatrhythm: Dragon Quest - TBA

Hope for The West

Terry's 3D Wonderland
Dragon Quest Monster Joker 3

e-shop Deals

Last edited by a moderator:
From what I been told people tell me its nothing great of a Jrpg. I skipped radiant historia and people are recommending it to me over legend of legacy.

Honestly though people always complain about not enough jrpg, to me the market is saturated with as many atlus jrpg as there are 1st party titles.

Is code name steam worth it at $16.50?
I think so. I thought it suffered from the initial reveal but most of those that actually got hands on with it and played it seemed to like it. The gameplay is like a unique strategy game, similar to Valkyrie Chronicles. You are able to move a specific amount of space and then attack the enemy.

The only real issue is that enemy rounds can't be skipped and are fairly slow. They did patch in a fast forward, but it still takes some getting used to. Otherwise, if you like Intelligent Systems other games (Fire Emblem, Advanced Wars) and Strategy RPG's, I'd definitely recommend it. It's different than those games, but I still enjoyed it plenty.

From what I been told people tell me its nothing great of a Jrpg. I skipped radiant historia and people are recommending it to me over legend of legacy.

Honestly though people always complain about not enough jrpg, to me the market is saturated with as many atlus jrpg as there are 1st party titles.
Well yeah, LoL isn't a great JRPG but cheap enough and with the extras I would want it still.

They aren't regularly coming out in the west but we've had a surge more recently and if you didn't pay attention to them for a while there's a quality build up you could go back to.

I would feel cheated if a jrpg ended in under 20 hours.
Pretty sure there's a number of PS1/PS2 era ones that are about 20 hours and considered absolute classics. My point was more in general that if we didn't complain when a quality game was 6-8 hours that publishers might not feel the need to push teams to double their game size by adding meaningless padding or forcing us to go back and replay the game again to beat it.

Anyone can have my LoL collector's edition for $20 + shipping.

I don't care for the game. Some people like it. 

Price matched Rodea Sky Soldier for $17.34 at TRU and Dragon Ball Z Extreme Butoden for $19.99 at Target. Thanks to those that posted those Amazon prices!

Rodea now at $16.34, but other games that have been dipping low have spiked back up lately.

If you want to buy, now is the time. I'll probably ask my sister to order it since I don't have Prime.

Rodea dropping $0.01 this hr. Is not a good sign. I buy it now and no regret later. My goal is $15 but who care now. This kinda game oop very quick.

Rodea now at $16.34, but other games that have been dipping low have spiked back up lately.

If you want to buy, now is the time. I'll probably ask my sister to order it since I don't have Prime.
if you had amazon student in the past you have prime forever (even if you cancel) heh heh heh

Caved in and got Rodea at $15.82. Doubt it will go cheaper. I think first print run includes the soundtrack.

By the way, The Legend of Legacy keeps dropping. It's $23.55 at the moment. I doubt it goes lower than $20. 

Legend of Legacy is so bad lol. Played it thinking it would be like Bravely Default. Boy, was I wrong! Extras are nice though with the awesome soundtrack sampler :)

Legend of Legacy is so bad lol. Played it thinking it would be like Bravely Default. Boy, was I wrong! Extras are nice though with the awesome soundtrack sampler :)
It's a Saga game in all but name so if you don't know what that means it's probably not for that person.

I didn't think Legend of Legacy was that bad, but you have to be into mindless dumb battles if you like to fight. Since.. most of the game is fighting.. and exploration (add 5% plot). Exploring wasn't very rewarding to me because most items you find are completely random. Did enjoy unlocking skills, though..

Check your emails, I just got the email from BBY with the Mario Maker button set pre-order thing.  I didn't pre-order the games during the actual promotion like it said you had to either.

Check your emails, I just got the email from BBY with the Mario Maker button set pre-order thing. I didn't pre-order the games during the actual promotion like it said you had to either.
Got it....I did pre-order it during the time. Many regrets considering Youkai Watch and Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon was buy 1 get 50% off.....still hurts a bit. Least I get the buttons and the tears...

My copy of Legend of Legacy (ordered on the 25th and estimated delivery was supposed to be 1/5) showed up in today's mail.  I called one of my kids to bring it in the house and open it and sure enough I got the launch version.

It's good, about the low end of complete PH. ST is going to be harder to find at that price point complete.
Yeah, Spirit Tracks is still pricey but what ticks me off is that there is some idiot that bought many of the Nintendo refurbished ones (from the Nintendo Store) for $10/each and they are selling it on eBay for $40! Punks... But I suppose if you snooze, you loose

I picked up Phantom Hourglass today from a High School(possibly college) girl. She kept it in immaculate condition and said she played through it twice. Glad to have this in my collection.

I personally liked Phantom Hourglass, but even if you put the controls aside (which I also liked), it still had its share of problems. Like coming back to the Temple of the Ocean King so many times.

But it also has Linebeck, so any dissenting opinions are invalid.

[attachment=19366:20160101_200036.jpg]Sorry, I couldn't upload it via mobile so had to pull out the laptop.

BTW, I'm married and my wife was with me so I have no interest in taking a picture of another woman. One woman is plenty :)

bread's done
Back