Cheap 3DS Games 2.0 - It's Back

umbry

CAGiversary!
Feedback
19 (95%)
vqucrx.png

*image made by Pekola

It's back. 2.0. Slowly rebuilding the thread and searching for deals.
A thread for us to keep track of cheap 3DS games and upcoming releases and deals,
If you have any deals post them in the thread and I will try and update the OP.
Or if you have deal questions ask here and we will try and help you out.

SALE SECTION

Key

SALE = SALE / AD SALE
CLE = Clearance meaning YRMV

Amazon

Bravely Second: End Layer - $24.94

- Chibi-Robo!: Zip Lash - $9.68

- Codename S.T.E.A.M. - $9.15
Final Fantasy Explorers - $14.99

LBX: Little Battlers eXperience - $8.85
Return to PopoloCrois: A STORY OF SEASONS Fairytale - $14.50

Theatrhythm Final Fantasy: Curtain Call - $12.53

Best Buy

Frys

GameStop

Target

Toy R Us

Walmart

GoHastings

UPCOMING 3DS Games Section

Monster Hunter Stories - 9/8
Metroid: Samus Returns - 9/15
Pokemon Gold/Silver - 9/22
Culdcept Revolt - 10/3
LAYTON’S MYSTERY JOURNEY: Katrielle and the Millionaires' Conspiracy - 10/6
Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga + Bowser's Minions - 10/6
Etrian Odyssey V: Beyond The Myth - 10/17
Pokemon Moon & Pokemon Sun -  11/17
Fire Emblem Warriors - 12/31
Radiant Historia: Perfect Chronology - 3/31                                                                   
Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey Redux3/31 (pre-order now since it is $29)

Digimon Universe : Appli Monsters

Monster Tale Ultimate - TBA
Donkey Kong Land - TBA
Mighty No 9 - TBA
New Atelier Rorona - TBA
Theatrhythm: Dragon Quest - TBA

Hope for The West

Terry's 3D Wonderland
Dragon Quest Monster Joker 3

e-shop Deals

Last edited by a moderator:
It sold out because despite an actual employee from Natsume saying Amazon would not put it on sale until today, Amazon said no way and decided to put it up yesterday afternoon. I was busy yesterday and didn't even get online last night or I'd have seen it. Apparently there was a Facebook post from cheapassgamer around 5:30 last night but of course I didn't see it in my feed until this morning because Facebook is random on what it wants to show you. I ordered it earlier from videogamesplus as well. I don't care about the keychain and I heard the Prime discount wasn't working so it ended up being cheaper regardless.
That explains it. Part of my morning daily routine the last few weeks has been to check the amazon listing and the gamefaqs forum to try to stay on top of this... I never imagined it would have gone live early like that.

Overall, I'm just happy to get the game. The keychain was a bonus that I probably would have never used anyway.

Due to how quickly this sold out and how it went online early and stuff, Natsume is producing another batch of these with the keychain and they are all going to Amazon.

Here's the post: http://natsume.com/community/showpost.php?p=159939&postcount=1

Good news for those that want the keychain version and don't mind waiting.  I'm just going to keep my VGP order and if I go bonkers for the game and see some need for a second copy... I'll get one of these from Amazon later.

I'm glad this wasn't a one run and done deal but rather the company wanting to get the game into the hands of gamers and willing to go back and make more.  So don't buy from the scalpers!

Due to how quickly this sold out and how it went online early and stuff, Natsume is producing another batch of these with the keychain and they are all going to Amazon.

Here's the post: http://natsume.com/community/showpost.php?p=159939&postcount=1

Good news for those that want the keychain version and don't mind waiting. I'm just going to keep my VGP order and if I go bonkers for the game and see some need for a second copy... I'll get one of these from Amazon later.

I'm glad this wasn't a one run and done deal but rather the company wanting to get the game into the hands of gamers and willing to go back and make more. So don't buy from the scalpers!
Thanks for the info. I have been waiting for this one and was going to check today but like you said, it sold out. That's great news that Natsume is printing more copies.

Damn I just put an order in with VGP. Well I think I will just keep my order with VGP. I missed it on amazon the first time, and don't want that to happen again. With my luck, that would happen and VGP would be sold out by then.

Damn I just put an order in with VGP. Well I think I will just keep my order with VGP. I missed it on amazon the first time, and don't want that to happen again. With my luck, that would happen and VGP would be sold out by then.
Yeah, in these types of situations, just be happy with a decently priced copy. As anything can and will happen before that next batch arrives. I grabbed a copy this morning myself by other means, and I'm just happy to have paid a normal price, and support the efforts of a game like this.

I was thinking something similar, I'd rather have a secured copy right now than gamble on the next batch actually being available for me to buy. The cost is pretty much the same anyway. Especially since I added on that vita pouch thing that I actually will use with my vita to qualify for free shipping.

I was thinking something similar, I'd rather have a secured copy right now than gamble on the next batch actually being available for me to buy. The cost is pretty much the same anyway. Especially since I added on that vita pouch thing that I actually will use with my vita to qualify for free shipping.
Did anyone preorder from Bull Moose? I was going to wait for the amazon prime discount but I think maybe I should have just ordered from Bull Moose. At the time, they were shipping the game but right now it is listed as "in store only"

Bull Moose had it listed with a copy of the keychain and I believe the Natsume rep said it would be packaged inside the game, so I wonder if all launch copies include the keychain?
i can confirm the keychain is in the case from amazon. the first pic is exactly what i saw when opened. pretty cool little throw in.

5GlLqZO.jpg
CM2dwlx.jpg

Do all physical copies of RCTR come with the keychain? I was under the impression only Amazon was going to get those, and now it seems some other places are getting them too.

This is my first experience with bull moose. I have a feeling they fulfill online orders with in store stock, like go Hastings, hopefully there are no cancellations
I have ordered a few things from them and they are really prompt with shipping. You'll likely get it in two business days. Also, I do believe most, if not all, of their website stock is taken from the stores.

Not a big deal but my VGP order was reduced by $0.16 from the initial pending charge to the final charge (which posted last night)... then I got hit with a $1.02 foreign transaction fee.  I'm not bothered by it at all... just happy my order for the game is going through... but figured others may want a heads up on that.  I don't buy enough from foreign companies to keep up with which cards don't have the fees.  Still total increased charge was  $0.86 which is no big deal to me other than I had already scheduled a CC payment based on the initial charge... now I gotta change that or my balance will be $0.86 when that goes through tomorrow.

My River City Tokyo Rumble arrived from from Bull Moose today.  Very fast shipping. My only complaint was that the key chain was not included. Did any one else have this happen? The item page on the Bull Moose website includes a picture of the key chain. I wonder if Natsume just included the key chain for amazon orders. Did anyone else  who ordered through Bull Moose have this happen?

My River City Tokyo Rumble arrived from from Bull Moose today. Very fast shipping. My only complaint was that the key chain was not included. Did any one else have this happen? The item page on the Bull Moose website includes a picture of the key chain. I wonder if Natsume just included the key chain for amazon orders. Did anyone else who ordered through Bull Moose have this happen?
1st : did you open it

Sadly no key chain. I talked one other person that ordered from bull moose and they did not receive a key chain either
I believe Natsume has stated all along that the keychain will only be available at Amazon but I speculated that maybe other retailers would have it based on the fact it was being packaging in the game case itself and that the Bull Moose listing's picture showed the keychain. Looks like I was wrong about it possibly being available elsewhere. However, Natsume has stated they will do a future restock with keychain so keep an eye out for that if you still want to get it.

I believe Natsume has stated all along that the keychain will only be available at Amazon but I speculated that maybe other retailers would have it based on the fact it was being packaging in the game case itself and that the Bull Moose listing's picture showed the keychain. Looks like I was wrong about it possibly being available elsewhere. However, Natsume has stated they will do a future restock with keychain so keep an eye out for that if you still want to get it.
I contacted Bull Moose but have not heard from back from them yet. Natsume packed the key chains so it is out of Bull Moose's control. I am hoping they will give me a small refund because of the picture on the website.

It's been pretty well known for months? now that only the Amazon ones sold by "Natsume" would have the keychain.

My copy from VGP showed up yesterday.  I'm just very happy to have the game.  I have no intent on selling my copy (I bought it to play), but given the low production number ... this could easily become quite a rare and valuable game.

Unrelated, DQ7 sold out on Amazon and it's going to be 1 to 2 months before they have more.  Hopefully this will help encourage Nintendo to bring over DQ Monsters Joker 3.   I love the Monsters Joker series.   Heck, I'd love to get Rocket Slime 3 as well.  The second one (which released on the DS here) was great fun.

I just picked up Codename S.T.E.A.M. from Gamestop for $7.19 used (with pro - $7.99 without)

Been eyeing it since I started playing the 3DS again and was regretting trading in my launch copy I bought for the Majora's Mask pin. It's a pretty cool game, happy I have it again. 

Can't wait to pick up Shovel Knight for $15 from Walmart. I saw one down the road had a bunch of them in stock. 

Also, some other clearance games I've been eyeing like a hawk to drop down a bit more:

Fantasy Life is $28.79 with GCU

Puzzle & Dragons Z + Puzzle & Dragons Super Mario Bros. Edition is $19.19 with GCU

Disney Epic Mickey: The Power of Illusion is $10.39 with GCU

Also, if you're into it, LEGO Jurassic World is $11.99 with GCU

My kid might be into that one for that price even though we played the hell out of it on PS4. 

Honestly, can you name anything good they put out in the past year?
Just in the past 12 months:

Plenty of good games on the handheld side:

Zelda: Tri Force Heroes
Mario & Luigi: Paper Jam
Fire Emblem Fates
Hyrule Warriors Legends
Bravely Second: End Layer
Kirby: Planet Robobot

And console:
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Zelda: Twilight Princess HD
Pokkén Tournament
Tokyo Mirage Sessions ♯FE

and Paper Mario which comes out this week is reviewing well so far

Bravely Second is not Nintendo, and arguably not good. Hyrule Warrior portable is a clunky port, and the Wii U version is mediocre if you like Dynasty Warrior type games.

It's been pretty well known for months? now that only the Amazon ones sold by "Natsume" would have the keychain.

My copy from VGP showed up yesterday. I'm just very happy to have the game. I have no intent on selling my copy (I bought it to play), but given the low production number ... this could easily become quite a rare and valuable game.
I doubt it. They have already said that they are going to make another print that also include the keychain.

Lololol Where's that William Shatner laughing gif when you need it.
That game was actually quite good - in the right circumstances. I have two sons, and we all have 3DS systems. Three player local it is amazingly fun, and you don't have to have 3 copies for it to work well. Single player it is still pretty good. Online 3 player can be frustrating, and not having 2 player options was a big mis-step.

River City: Tokyo Rumble (with keychain) was able to be ordered from Amazon very briefly really early this morning, with an indication the item would be in stock and ship on 10/15.  I actually saw it by chance while browsing Amazon at work but was unable to post since CAG is blocked.  Anyway it sold out now so either they already sold all of their 2nd shipment or (my guess) they sold a few and will list the rest on or around 10/15.

I somewhat want that game cause I like playing bad games sometimes, but that's why I get IG bundles haha....maybe one or 2 games I want and a whole lot of not so great stuff.

bread's done
Back