cheap 5.1 reciever?

I was shopping around for a cheap 5.1 receiver last month, and I honestly couldn't find anything THAT cheap. Best I could find was the Sony DG510 for $150. Ended up buying the DG710 for $200 shipped on Amazon though.

If that's out of your price range, you might be best off getting one of those Logitech 5.1 speaker set ups. I don't think $100 could even buy a 2.0 stereo receiver.

Hm... Onkyo usually has a 5.1 refurb receiver for $100 but it looks like they're currently sold out.

I'd keep checking Onkyo's online store. They have good deals there time to time.

[quote name='Vinny']Hm... Onkyo usually has a 5.1 refurb receiver for $100 but it looks like they're currently sold out.

I'd keep checking Onkyo's online store. They have good deals there time to time.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I forgot about shoponkyo.com. I tried getting something from there before I bought my Sony but the ones I wanted were always sold out. That might be your best bet though if you don't mind buying a refurb.

I really dig the DG710 though. Not the greatest receiver but it has the best features for any $200 receiver I saw. Does 6.1 sound and even HDMI with audio (x2) which is rare for receivers in this price range.

bread's done
Back