cheap 8mb PS2 mem card?

I would not reccomend getting a 3rd party memory card. I have had both PSX and N64 memory cards that were 3rd party corrupt and all my game saves were lost.

I see official ones on EBay for $18 shipped brand new, if you won't want to use EBay, you can get one for $20 at Best Buy using the GGC coupon

Taken from M0nkeybutler on IGN-
Okay. Since this simple concept has been butchered by people trying to overcomplicate things. Then here is all the info you'd ever need on the Best Buy Gamers Gift Card. Bookmark it!

The Best Buy Gamers Gift Card

What is it?
Its a Best Buy Gift Card you buy that has a $5 off $19.99 Video game or Accessory coupon on the back.

What does this coupon do?
It gives people who are looking to save on video games a very simple way to get ANY $20 game for $5 less than retail/sale price. NOTHING ELSE. Its not for consoles or DVD's or for more giftcards.

Does it work if a game is on sale?
Yes.

Can I use the coupon if I'm pricematching with another store?
No. Most Best Buys dont allow both a pricematch AND a coupon. But depending on your local Best Buy then they may be nice and allow it. So go ask them, not us!

Can I use the coupon at other stores?
Yes. Circuit City takes competitors coupons. So if your Best Buy doesnt have a game or its cheaper at Circuit City then get it there. No other major stores will take the coupon.

I saw two different versions. Which do I buy?
Theyre exactly the same except the Green one expires 12/31/03 and the black expires 12/31/04.

Does it cost anything?
No. Its a giftcard that youre going to use yourself. Youre only putting money on it in order to get the coupon. Its a $5 minimum on a giftcard so just put that amount down.

Why only $5 on the GiftCard? Why not more?
Well you can put more but if you want a bunch of these coupons then $5 is smarter. Why put $50 on a gift card and get only one coupon when you can put $5 on 10 gift cards and get 10 coupons. See. Its easy!

Does it work online?
No. Its only for in-store use only.

HOW DOES IT WORK?
Im glad you asked. Now read carefully and dont try to be creative.

Step 1: Go to Best Buy and look for the Gamers Gift Card. For most of us its in the Games section but it can be in the front of the store too. Just because a $6/hr snot nosed employee doesnt know what it is does NOT mean it doesnt exist.
Step 2: Buy the gift card by putting $5 down. You will NOT lose this money because youre going to use this giftcard on your purchase.

Step 3: Clip the coupon and purchase your game by using the GiftCard, the coupon and pay off the balance with cash.

ok, now here's what i dont get, you have to put down $5 for the card in the first place, so what's the point of the card? it's "your" $5. some of the time i thought you get the card for free, or "one" cent, but doesnt look like that

[quote name='dynamite99']ok, now here's what i dont get, you have to put down $5 for the card in the first place, so what's the point of the card? it's "your" $5. some of the time i thought you get the card for free, or "one" cent, but doesnt look like that[/quote]
The gift card comes in a CD case. Look on the back and you will see a separate coupon for $5 off.

[quote name='dynamite99']ok, now here's what i dont get, you have to put down $5 for the card in the first place, so what's the point of the card? it's "your" $5. some of the time i thought you get the card for free, or "one" cent, but doesnt look like that[/quote]
20$ game - (5dollar off coupon) =15 -your 5 on card =10 $more you need to spend to get it for 15

you need to get the card to get the coupon behind it
Also i wouldnt consider the 5 for the card spent just transfered to another form of tender, its not a lincoln but plastic ,sorta like paypal but different

what you guys saying is, you put down $5, but you actually get $10? $5 card + $5 coupon?

red - yeah, i havent heard bad thing about them, yet. that's why brand doesnt matter

[quote name='dynamite99']what you guys saying is, you put down $5, but you actually get $10? $5 card + $5 coupon?
[/quote]

Thats right

[quote name='dynamite99']there's a sale at bestbuy for the mem $15. can i use the GGC with the sale?[/quote]
I think you can Anyways thats what i hope It says on the coupon 19.99 & up so ill see tommorw

[quote name='dynamite99']there's a sale at bestbuy for the mem $15. can i use the GGC with the sale?[/quote]
I think you can Anyways thats what i hope It says on the coupon 19.99 & up so ill see tommorow

Well, last time I tried, the cashier couldn't get the coupon to work on the Memory Card. It seemed the coupons worked on the games, but not on the Memory Card, so I guess YMMV, because it does say accessories.

The guy was nice about it, so I just took it for $20.

never buy a mem card without the official symbol on it. If you buy a unofficial one you have to put in a boot-up disk every time you load it and its a pain. If you already have a memory card get an extender but they olny work with official memory cards and they wont work without one.

bread's done
Back