Cheap Airfare/Travel in Oct (memphis)

supadupacheap

CAGiversary!
Feedback
19 (100%)
Ok. So my best friend from my school days is getting married in a couple months and Id very much like to go. However, I am megapoor and since this is a bit of a shotgun type affair, Im not highly keen on blowing super bank on it. (meaning, I forsee attending another wedding of his later on :lol: )

I need to find cheap travel and am looking for CAG tricks,hints,and help.

I am in Richmond,VA (so D.C.,Hampton,Norfolk,Baltimore are all travel out of possibilities) and heading to Memphis TN.

Date it roughly around October 9th.

Anyone have any idea of good airlines out of/into Memphis. (and FedEx doesnt count :p) Buses, trains, or even well dispositioned burros/mules are fine as well. Lets just do all of this ACAP (as cheap as possible)

And anyone from the area is welcomed to suggest places to stay/eat/go, etc.

Thanks all.

[quote name='supadupacheap']. However, I am megapoor

Thanks all.[/QUOTE]

When you go you have to these restaurants Hueys and Central BBQ. When you go to Central get the BBQ with some Amber Bock on draft, great stuff.

First off: I'm from Memphis, and feel free to PM me with any questions about the area. I don't know any places to stay, but for eating: Abyssinia (ethiopian food) and India Palace (take a wild guess) are the only eating places I recommend. I don't know - maybe it's because I haven't had any non-local barbeque, but I think the barbeque here is pretty meh unless you're getting it at the international barbeque festival. Huey's is also kinda grim - at least, the one near me is. Chang's Bubble Tea has tasty drinks, though!
Check orbitz and travelocity for air rates. Amtrak will get you here, but it'd take you two days (going from Richmond to Washington to Chicago to Memphis, arriving October 10th early in the morning) - but it's only $150 to get there and $150 to get back, which is TRUE CAG style and what I'd do. Bring your favorite handheld that doesn't require a recharger, cause those trains don't have outlets.
Isn't it sad that I've lived here my whole life and have no idea as to what places you should visit? The only thing that comes to mind is the Pink Palace, which is a pretty nifty museum covering science and local history.

I could also suggest Molly's La Casita on Madison if you're in the mood for Mexican, or the Quik Check right across the street for Greek food. Abyssinia is also a good place if you're in the mood for something different, very tasty.

[quote name='supadupacheap']

Thanks all.[/QUOTE]

How can anyone suggest somewhere to eat that would compare to the wonderous food you have at your disposal in Richmond at the Woodgrill?

I will agree that Changs is a great choice, make sure you get the Thai Chicken w/ the chili sauce. I used to live off that meal. If like burgers, I have yet to find one as good as a Huey Burger.

bread's done
Back