Cheap alternative Xbox Wireless Adapter?

brienv

CAG Veteran
I'm considering finally trying out Xbox Live but with the layout of my house I would really need to go wireless. I already have DSL and a wireless hub that I use with my laptop. The Microsoft wireless adapter seems insanely overpriced at roughly $100.00. Are there any cheaper alternatives?

Also, does anyone know if the wireless adapter(s) will be compatible with Xbox 360? If the adapter just plugs into the ethernet port, I would think it would work with any console. I asked Microsoft's tech support, though, and amazingly they replied with the following :
"We understand that you want to know if you’ll be able to use the current Xbox Live wireless adapter on the Xbox 360. Unfortunately, there is currently no official information on this matter. "

I don't want to spend a hundred bucks on an adapter I'll just have to replace in 6 months.

Thanks much for any answers,
Brien

I believe the XBOX 360 adapter will use USB.

Any wireless access point SHOULD work though...although, access points seem to be over priced (IMO)

discussed a million times in the xbox forums.

I got a wireless ethernet bridge from JustDeals.com (netgear me101) for $35/shipped (factory refurb). works great.

bread's done
Back