Cheap Ass Smokers?

QiG

CAGiversary!
Feedback
41 (100%)
Do any smokers here buy cigarettes online? Several years ago I used to get them from a website that would sell dirt cheap since they shipped from overseas and I got a stale batch once and just bought locally after that, but with prices always on the rise I am looking for alternatives (other than quitting :roll:). I don't have the website anymore but I'll take suggestions.

Steal them? Use the highly controversial eCigs? Buy cartons? But in all seriousness, if you want legal means of getting them, there probably isn't any because of the taxes imposed on cigarettes keep going up. I know gas stations here sometimes have B2G1 free, or buy 2 packs for about $9 instead of $12+.

Rod_Todd.jpg

Smokers are Jokers!

I don't know of any anymore. I used to inject my own with bulk I would buy online. It came out to be like $1.25 a pack. But after the ridiculous 1700% tax hike on bulk, it was not worth the hassle of making my own.

Tobacco takes a while to get stale. If you ever get dried out tobacco, there's weird tricks you can do, like putting it in a tupperware container with a wet cottonball or an apple peel (yes, an apple peel). I might start doing that because my bagged tobacco gets down to nothing but shake. I figure you could just sift out 4-5 near-empty bags to get the shake out and make at least a half bag of tobacco that is good as new.

Buying overseas is tougher now though, with that fucked up bill Obama signed that caused bagged tobacco to triple in price and have a tax higher than the cost of the actual product. They don't want you getting stuff from overseas or reservations.

Roll your own. I get an ounce of tobacco for $5, and a pack of 50 papers for a dollar. Super cheap, and it tastes better.

(You can even filter them if you want; I don't because it tastes better without it/it's easier not to/I don't really care at all.)

Yea, i remember there was something that you could add to expired skoal that would make it pack better, but I'm not addicted to that shit. So, if i ever have an expired tin i throw it away

[quote name='QiG']Do any smokers here buy cigarettes online? Several years ago I used to get them from a website that would sell dirt cheap since they shipped from overseas and I got a stale batch once and just bought locally after that, but with prices always on the rise I am looking for alternatives (other than quitting :roll:). I don't have the website anymore but I'll take suggestions.[/QUOTE]

1. Grow it.

2. Buy cigarettes. Sell half of the cigarettes loose to cover the cost of the pack.

1. Roll your own.
2. Look out for BoGo's and buy them even if they're not your brand.
3. Bum them off your friends (what I do.. and recommend).
4. Buy a pack and sell them to strangers for a quarter each (hella people used to come up to me to bum a stoge for a quarter, YMMV).

Edit: I buy like a pack a month.. because I'm trying to cut back.. and because I'm Broke Phi Broke.

5. Play cigarette poker! Friends and I play cig poker when we have nothing better to do. Real cool carrying around a pack with a variety so you get a surprise each time.

Before that insane tax went into effect last April, I'd bum a lot of RYO smokes to people at work. They always thought I was giving them "real" cigarettes and insisted on paying me. I'd tell them not to worry about it, and they just couldn't comprehend that an individual RYO smoke was not expensive. I still bum them out though. I'm a charitable motherfucker.

[quote name='crunchb3rry']Tobacco takes a while to get stale.[/QUOTE]

This. I used to work at a gas station, and I heard once that cigs have a shelf life of somewhere around a year. Stuff like skoal and copenhagen though don't have much of a shelf life iirc. At least, cope doesn't. Cigars, not really sure off hand. Might be the same as cigs.

Personally, if I had to take a guess, the brand you smoke is either not that popular of a brand, so they had a lot of older ones they were trying to get rid of, or it was an accident of some sort.

And as mentioned, some gas stations do have sales on cigs as well. Probably varies, but at Rutter's, the ones I consistently saw were camel, marlboro, and newport brands.

Pretty loyal to Marlboro Lights so I'd rather not go the RYO method or switch to a cheaper brand. Was hoping someone had a trustworthy site to order from. Thanks for the posts so far.

[quote name='JStryke']This. I used to work at a gas station, and I heard once that cigs have a shelf life of somewhere around a year.[/QUOTE]

Longer than that. For bagged tobacco, if you keep it sealed in something airtight, it'll stay good for 5-7 years.

[quote name='elessar123']Steal them? Use the highly controversial eCigs? Buy cartons? But in all seriousness, if you want legal means of getting them, there probably isn't any because of the taxes imposed on cigarettes keep going up. I know gas stations here sometimes have B2G1 free, or buy 2 packs for about $9 instead of $12+.[/QUOTE]

Whats wrong with eCigs?

My friend just bought one and seems to love it.

Some idiot researchers thought people would smoke the eCig MORE because they figured it wouldn't kill them, combined with the fact eCig carts still have "poisons" in them.

I was thinking of getting one but it's just like Nicorette, they charge a fuckton of money for it. Never understood that. You want people to quit but charge the same for your product as the product you want them to quit.

[quote name='JStryke']This. I used to work at a gas station, and I heard once that cigs have a shelf life of somewhere around a year. Stuff like skoal and copenhagen though don't have much of a shelf life iirc. At least, cope doesn't. Cigars, not really sure off hand. Might be the same as cigs.

Personally, if I had to take a guess, the brand you smoke is either not that popular of a brand, so they had a lot of older ones they were trying to get rid of, or it was an accident of some sort.

And as mentioned, some gas stations do have sales on cigs as well. Probably varies, but at Rutter's, the ones I consistently saw were camel, marlboro, and newport brands.[/QUOTE]

Skoal is like 3 to four 4 months usually, from the date i purchase it.

bread's done
Back