Cheap Ass System Selector

That's a great price, it was $20 when I bought one years ago. It worked flawlessly, I gave mine away because I bought a television that had all the inputs I needed.

Yeah, i have the exact same one in my room last week, I needed an XBOX RF cable, saw that it was the same price as this, and just got this instead.

i bought one for either $19.99 or $24.99 a year or so ago from gamestop, its the gamestop namebrand one

i never watch regular television except for when i got into football this year....thats when i noticed that with my selector, for some reason, the voices of the commentators don't come out of my tv...but when the selector isnt in the mix, i can hear them just fine...and im not talking about their voices being low, distorted, or anything...they're just not there...why?

Does it happen only when the selector is hooked up, and not when just a system is plugged into the same input?

Also, are you using the front inputs on your TV? Many TVs, like mine, automatically use the signal from the front if there's anything plugged in there (whether or not there's actually a signal).

Edit: Is it just the commentators you can't hear? If so, weird.

[quote name='cdeener'][quote name='supermariomelee']This one is $10 new
http://www.madcatz.com/MadCatz/product_details.jsp?product_id=6012

I have one and there's no signal loss or nothing.[/quote]

I would rather deal with the Pelican because I have a lot of game systems and need more than just three inputs. I have an Intec one at home but when I get some more systems I will need another selector.[/quote]

I see four. And you just can't beat that price.

There are some cheap ones at Buy.com. Don't know about shipping. I'll check for links.

http://www.buy.com/retail/product.asp?sku=50017403&loc=108&queryType=game&sp=3
3 Ports $6.99

http://www.buy.com/retail/product.asp?sku=50015019&loc=108&queryType=game&sp=5
5 Ports $12.96

Don't know if you need S-Video but they both support it.

EDIT: By the way, I have both the Pelican one in the OP and the Madcatz one and they both work great (but the Madcatz doesn't support S-Video, which I now use). Don't know about the ones I posted, but they are cheap.

[quote name='Kaijufan']I've been using the Pelican system selector for over a year and I recommend it.[/quote]

I also use the Pelican for my Xbox, Ps2 and Gamecube to connect them by R/F to my 37' TV that was around before the first Bush and the signals shockingly decent. No complaints from me

[quote name='CokeCola']Does it happen only when the selector is hooked up, and not when just a system is plugged into the same input?

Also, are you using the front inputs on your TV? Many TVs, like mine, automatically use the signal from the front if there's anything plugged in there (whether or not there's actually a signal).

Edit: Is it just the commentators you can't hear? If so, weird.[/quote]

only when the selector is hooked up, which i run my xbox, gc, and ps2 through...

im using the back inputs on my tv

and its only the commentators that i can't hear....you can hear the crowd cheering, the grunts, groans, and tackles...but no commentary....it just doesn't make sense to me :?:

I have owned the Pelican one before and gave it away to my niece and nephew when they got more than one system.

I think I will look for a used one at Gamestop because they have their selector for $9.99 with five inputs.

bread's done
Back