Cheap Drum Kit for Rockband 3

kme06d

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
My blue pad on my rock band 2 drums no longer registers hits and I would like to get a replacement drum kit. I was interested in the ion rockers, but they just seem really expensive ($250+) to just play rock band. They also no longer sell the kits in stores, and aftermarket places (Amazon, Ebay, Craigslist) are charging from $100-$200 for the fake plastic drums.

I was really taken with the drums after playing rock band, but I don't want to invest a lot of money just to continue to play the game. Does anyone have any suggestions as to a cheap solution? Thanks!

Not sure if you have tried looking (and what platform you have RB3 with), but your best bet are thrift stores (Goodwill, Salvation Army, Savers, etc.).  You don't see them everyday, but at least two or three times a month I find a RB drum set (usually Wii and 360 are the most common I find), and the prices are usually pretty good (typically around $10-20, depending on how your store does the pricing).

Its nothing guaranteed, but if you want to save money, start hitting up your local thrifts on at least a weekly basis to see if you come up with anything.  Might as well look for the guitars while you are at it (which are more common).

Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure if you have tried looking (and what platform you have RB3 with), but your best bet are thrift stores (Goodwill, Salvation Army, Savers, etc.). You don't see them everyday, but at least two or three times a month I find a RB drum set (usually Wii and 360 are the most common I find), and the prices are usually pretty good (typically around $10-20, depending on how your store does the pricing).

Its nothing guaranteed, but if you want to save money, start hitting up your local thrifts on at least a weekly basis to see if you come up with anything. Might as well look for the guitars while you are at it (which are more common).
Thanks, I'll check out those places this weekend. I'm playing the ps3 version of RB3 btw. Money is not really the problem, but being a cheapass, I don't want to pay an exorbitant amount of money on a gaming accessory. Also, I really only play the drums and keyboard at the moment, I already have a few guitars that have been collecting dust.

bread's done
Back