Cheap, Fast, Easy Platinum: Megamind, Up, Terminator, Toy Story Mania, etc.

Electroplasm

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Gamestop

Megamind (ps3) $4.99 used

$3 after pur + birthday coupon

http://www.gamestop.com/ps3/games/megamind-ultimate-showdown/78132

Terminator: Salvation $8.99 pur

Under $3 after birthday 20% off + $5 off Kongregate coupons

http://www.gamestop.com/ps3/games/terminator-salvation/73765

Disney Pixar's Up $8.99 pur

Under $3 after birthday 20% off + $5 off Kongregate coupons

http://www.gamestop.com/ps3/games/up/73856

Hannah Montana the Movie $3.99

$3 after pur + 20% off

http://www.gamestop.com/ps3/games/hannah-montana-the-movie/73964

Completion time: 4-7 hours per Platinum

Kmart

Eyepet & Friends $2.00

Last edited by a moderator:
Sad fucking life. Brb playing video games you probably won't even enjoy for some stupid, fake, gaming score that you're going to brag about. These people need to reevaluate their lives/priorities.
if microsoft and sony gave consistant rewards for achievements/trophys than at least there would be more of a reason to do them i guess. besides that playing megamind is a waste of my time. give me uncharted+ zelda anyday

if microsoft and sony gave consistant rewards for achievements/trophys than at least there would be more of a reason to do them i guess. besides that playing megamind is a waste of my time. give me uncharted+ zelda anyday
You talk shit about "e penis" yet you're in here acting as if you're better than those who want to buy games for the sake of trophies. lol The irony.

Stop riding that has-been CM Punk's **** with that "I'm better than you because" crap.

I had a really good friend who, a few weeks ago, told me that Batman Forever on the SNES is the best Batman game ever. I haven't spoken to him since.

I know I shouldn't hate him, but it's bad enough hearing somebody shit on the Arkham games, then that? I don't know if I have it in me to be friends with someone like that :???: Am I a bad person?
Bad person? No, definitely not.

I technically could understand and agree with him though. My best friend as a kid owned a Super Nintendo and I had a Sega Genesis. We played that game many times on each console. I couldn't even guess at the hours we accumulated . Customizing your (limited) gear, solving the puzzles and locating the hidden items (sometimes through riddles), working together to take down foes you purposely pinned between you... We could never complete it, but that made that challenge that much greater. Every time we made it a bit farther we felt like we made progress as a team, and we tried to understand what we were doing correctly and incorrectly as we played. I miss games like that. Or maybe just the experience.

I enjoyed Arkham Asylum, and really thought it did a great job at presenting an environment, characters, combat, stealth and options to capture the Batman character. The Scarecrow sequences alone made me feel like the developer truly wanted to get the Batman persona across to the gamer. But it's also a single player only game. It's not a bad thing, as not all games need multiplayer, but the fun you can have with someone as you work toward the goal is potentially more enjoyable.

I'm assuming your friend played Batman Forever with someone else, which, to me, would explain their attachment to it.

You talk shit about "e penis" yet you're in here acting as if you're better than those who want to buy games for the sake of trophies. lol The irony.

Stop riding that has-been CM Punk's **** with that "I'm better than you because" crap.
you must be a trophy/achievement hunter lol. seriously if people want to do it its their bussiness but im giving my honest point of view of the matter. and yes imo its much better to spend 2 hours on a much better game like zelda than on megamind where the plat doesnt mean anything lol

I had a really good friend who, a few weeks ago, told me that Batman Forever on the SNES is the best Batman game ever. I haven't spoken to him since.

I know I shouldn't hate him, but it's bad enough hearing somebody shit on the Arkham games, then that? I don't know if I have it in me to be friends with someone like that :???: Am I a bad person?
Maybe he meant Batman Returns.

That game is awesome.

I remember several years ago when that mentality was frowned upon but now it seems to be more of the norm which is odd.

It's all a pissing match and mine is bigger than yours Instagram stunting thing.
Games like these might add to your Platinum count, but when someone takes a closer look at your trophies and they see games like Terminator and Hanna Montana, I don't see how anyone would be impressed.

This. When I first bought my Xbox 360, I figured there was some sort of incentive associated with achievement points themselves... but yeah that wasn't the case. I thought maybe they would eventually implement some sort of reward incentive like you said, but that never happened (though I'm sure people would find a way of abusing that).

I think it would have been really cool if they gave like a $10 xbox live code for every 5,000 achievement points. I have 65 games under my activity feed and I ONLY was able to reach 15,423 points. But again there was really no incentive to grinding through the game and trying to get all the achievment points.

This. When I first bought my Xbox 360, I figured there was some sort of incentive associated with achievement points themselves... but yeah that wasn't the case. I thought maybe they would eventually implement some sort of reward incentive like you said, but that never happened (though I'm sure people would find a way of abusing that).

I think it would have been really cool if they gave like a $10 xbox live code for every 5,000 achievement points. I have 65 games under my activity feed and I ONLY was able to reach 15,423 points. But again there was really no incentive to grinding through the game and trying to get all the achievment points.
We should just get paid for playing games at all.

What's the point of spending time to play a game if we don't get something free for doing so?

Maybe he meant Batman Returns.

That game is awesome.
Nah, it was definitely Batman Forever on SNES. He even wasted time youtubing videos trying to convince me of how great it was.

I don't remember Batman Returns being that great, but it was ok. Certainly playable. I couldn't even bring myself to finish Batman Forever, it was so awful :cry:

Nah, it was definitely Batman Forever on SNES. He even wasted time youtubing videos trying to convince me of how great it was.

I don't remember Batman Returns being that great, but it was ok. Certainly playable. I couldn't even bring myself to finish Batman Forever, it was so awful :cry:
You should try Batman and Robin

there is nothing wrong with going after achievements/trophys I have played ncis and I think it was worth it because i love incresing my trophy percentage

We should just get paid for playing games at all.

What's the point of spending time to play a game if we don't get something free for doing so?
It's not even about anything being "free". Considering how much you would have to invest (time and money) to get say 5,000 or maybe even 10,000 achievement points, you're putting in WAY more than you would be getting out of it (unless you rent the games, but time is still pretty valuable although you can't put a monetary value on it). The highest gamerscore achieved on Xbox live is ~1 million. Raymond Cox has THE highest gamerscore. He said he had played well over 900 games over the span of 7 years I think it was. That's a crap ton of money AND time he put into it, and what does he get out of it? Honestly nothing (though he did get a lifetime Xbox Live membership). Yeah he gets the satisfaction of playing games, but some sort of credit on top of that for "achieving" what he did would be icing on the cake. I'm certain he had to wade through some garbage titles to get to where he was. If you take for instance what I said earlier, but set it at 10,000 achievement points (which would net you $10 you could use on Xbox marketplace). This particular individual in this hypothetical situation would only be getting ~$1000 in credit to use on the marketplace. Like I said he has put in way more than what he has gotten out, this you have to admit.

This hypothetical model isn't even that unrealistic. You have to realize that the average gamerscore is ~12,000. Microsoft wouldn't even be out that much if they were to implement something such as what I suggest.

I myself (as I said earlier) have only a ~16,000 gamerscore. When I had my Xbox I LOVED playing games, but if there had been some sort of incentive, maybe it would have made me want to go back and actually try and get more points and thus spending more time in the game, Xbox Live, or buying other games.

How high?
I have just under 365,000. The thing that attracts me with gamerscore is it gets me to play games I wouldn't normally play. Do some of them suck yes, but I have found some games I would have never even thought to play and enjoyed them if it wasn't for gamerscore. So if anything it increases your variety of games and exposes you to maybe some genres and games you thought you wouldn't enjoy and wind up liking.

bread's done
Back