Cheap Flat Panel Monitors?

Acrylic

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
Hey everybody!

I just got my free computer from Freedesktoppcs.com, and I have a keyboard, so far. Tomorrow, I'm going out to buy myself a desk and a mouse tomorrow!

Anyways, I'm wondering if anyone knows of any deals on any 17" flat panel monitors. I'm looking for the best deal for a cheaper price. I want at least a 1280x1024 resolution. And if there's an 18" or 19" for about the same price, suggest those too!

Thank You!

-Acrylic

Trust me on this one, cheap sucks. My company bought a 19" LCD for $279 and the colors were WAY off. A good 17-19" LCD can cost 400-700.

Bump again.

I'm surprised, with this many people on the forums, there can't be even suggestions as to what monitors are good in the $300 price range? :whistle2:/

I'd wait a week on buying the Dell. Their EOQ is this month and they always provide great coupons and deals to pump up sales numbers. I'm in the market for dual 19"s myself and I'm waiting on dell to go lower.

Alright, well, if the price on the dell drops, I'd appreciate if someone like posted here.

If the price is supposed to go down, about how much would it go down?

The lowest I've seen the Dell 19" is $280, which is good deal for a good monitor. It's still not very easy to find quality LCD monitors for less than $300 at this point, but quality 17" can be had for less than $200. I myself is in the market for a nice 17", and have been "monitoring" Newegg.com pricings.

See, I really wouldn't mind a 17" either. I really don't need myself a huge monitor. I'm using a 18" monitor right now, and that's pretty big, so I could just imagine how big a 19" monitor would look in my little room. So, a 17" or 18" monitor would be nice. There were a few 17" monitors I was looking at, but they seem more prone to dead pixels, and whatnot.

[quote name='Acrylic']There were a few 17" monitors I was looking at, but they seem more prone to dead pixels, and whatnot.[/QUOTE]

Do what?

Any LCD device is prone to dead pixels period.

[quote name='mtxbass1']Do what?

Any LCD device is prone to dead pixels period.[/QUOTE]

But moreso than 19" monitors, from reviews I read...

[quote name='Acrylic']But moreso than 19" monitors, from reviews I read...[/QUOTE]

Um...how do you figure?

A 19" lcd has more pixels than a 17" lcd. Therefore the larger number of pixels, the more subject the item is to having dead pixels during the manufacturing process.

The lcd manufacturing process is not perfect. Almost any device with pixels can have dead pixels. Take the PSP for example. Tiny screen and numerous ones shipped with dead pixels.

Having dead pixels is something you deal with when buying any lcd product.

bread's done
Back