Cheap games at EB [Canada]

Princess Zelda

CAGiversary!
Some cheap games at EB games I found either by people posting here, looking at the store or playing around with their website. Enter the game in the website to see if your local store has stock.

DS

MX vs ATV: Untamed $4.89 New $1.99 Used My son is enjoying it.
WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2008 Used $4.99
Dragon Ball: Origins $9.98 New $4.99 Used
Personal Trainer: Cooking $9.89 New $4.99 Used
Ninja Gaiden: Dragon Sword $9.99 Used
What's Cooking? Jamie Oliver $9.89
Jenga $9.98
Retro Game Challenge $9.99 New $4.99 Used
Jake Power: Fireman
Cars $9.99 Used
Touch Mechanic $9.99 New
Overlord: Minions $9.99 New
Jake Power: Policeman $9.99 New
Naruto Ninja Council 3 $9.99 Used
Lock's Quest $14.99 New (creators of scribblenaughts, Drawn to life)
N+ $4.99 Used

Supreme Commander $4.99 New $1.99 Used
WWE Smackdown Vs. RAW 2007 $3.99 Used
Alone in the Dark $3.99 New
Rock Band: AC/DC Track Pack $4.89 New
Xbox Live Arcade Unplugged Volume 1 $2.99 Used (6 games)
Marvel: Ultimate Alliance $4.99 Used
Hellboy: Science of Evil $4.99 Used
Rainbow Six: Vegas $9.99 New$4.99 Used
LEGO Indiana Jones $4.99 Used
Tom Clancy's End War $9.99 New $4.99 Used
Orange Box $9.99 Used
Burnout Paradise $9.99
Mercenaries 2: World in Flames $9.99 Used
Forza Motorsport 2 $9.99 Used
Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter $9.99 Used
Soul Calibur IV $9.99 Used
Mirror's Edge $9.99 New $9.99 Used
NEED FOR SPEED:pROSTREET $9.99 Used
FaceBreaker $9.99 Used
Golden Axe: Beast Rider $9.99 Used
Sega Rally Revo $9.99 Used
Battlefield: Bad Company $9.99 Used
SPLINTER CELL DBL AGNT $9.99
Clive Barker's Jericho $9.99 Used
Kane & Lynch: Dead Men $9.99 Used
Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock - Game Only $9.99 Uesd
Guitar Hero: Aerosmith - Game Only $11.89 New $9.99 Used
Unreal Tournament III $12.96
Fracture $13.98 New
Condemned 2: Bloodshot $13.98 New
Fairytale Fights $14.97

PS3

Rock Band: AC/DC Track Pack $4.89 New
Fifa 08 $4.99 Used
Virtua Fighter 5 $4.99 Used
Hellboy: Science of Evil $7.99 New
Condemned 2: Bloodshot $7.89 New
Dark Sector $9.98 New
Tom Clancy's End War $9.99 New $4.99 Used
Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter 2 $9.99 Used
Soul Calibur IV $9.99 Used
FaceBreaker $9.99 Used
MOTORSTORM $9.99 Used
Kane & Lynch: Dead Men $9.99 Used
Guitar Hero: Aerosmith - Game Only $11.89
Fracture $9.99 Used
Fairytale Fights $14.97
Sega Superstars Tennis $9.99 New

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for posting this! I've had my eye on Ghost Recon 2 for a while now, but the 360 version had always been 14.99 used in EB. I'm going to go and head out and see if the PS3 version is available at my local store now.

Thanks for the list, my local stores have a hard time keeping up with the used game price updates, I was interested in Xbox Live Arcade Unplugged, but they still have it stickered at 14.99!

I might have to pick up Mirror's Edge and VF5. Can't go wrong for 5 or 10 bucks.

I also saw Persona 4 used for 14.99 the other day and thought that was a steal of a deal.

Looking for a cheap Onimusha 4 myself...

PSP:

Gradius Collection: 14.99 NEW
Powerstone Collection: 14.99 USED
Ultimate Ghouls n Ghosts: 9.99 USED
Darkstalkers Chronicles: 12.99 NEW
Capcom Collection Reloaded: 9.99 USED
Monster Hunter Freedom 2: 14.99 USED (iirc)
Street Fighter Alpha 3 MAX: 12.99 USED (iirc)

PS2:
Arcana Hearts: 14.99 USED

DS:

Some frisbee and golf game by DSI games: 0.99 USED
Rubix Cube DS: 9.99 NEW - 4.99 USED

To the OP: Not to nitpick, but the game is Dragon Ball Origins without the 'Z', ie the original series when Goku is a kid.

[quote name='ichit4k4_set0']Persona4? 15$! OMG still have my full price copy...sealed :s[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Icetron']^ Me too...:( Never got time to start it.[/QUOTE]

FINISH IT. BOTH OF YOU!!

Such an awesome game, as you can tell ;D

[quote name='poiuiu']
To the OP: Not to nitpick, but the game is Dragon Ball Origins without the 'Z', ie the original series when Goku is a kid.[/QUOTE]
Copy+Paste it's Gamestops mistake not mine.

Decent post.

I found Bionic Commando (360) for $14.99 at BBV... I've been looking for Soul Calibur IV when I've been in EBs, but haven't managed to find one. When I do though, I'll gladly buy it again for $9.99.

[quote name='Icetron']Any of those PS3 games worth getting?[/QUOTE]

motorstorm/SC4
graw2/fracture/darksector
vf5

in that order

the prices of sc4 & fracture match the source clearance (games are gone nowadays, i missed them too... well i got fracture used on goozex the other day, so i need to get sc4 from eb now)

Can anybody tell me what happens when the EB/Gamespot employee doesn't circle the "thank you for shopping with us" at the bottom of the receipt? I seem to recall something like 10% off a used game.

Any info would be much appreciated.

save it for when you trade in a lot of games. every game is applied to. also note the employee. if its one you like, expect them not to like you, as it will most likely get them in a sort of trouble

[quote name='JnJosh']save it for when you trade in a lot of games. every game is applied to. also note the employee. if its one you like, expect them not to like you, as it will most likely get them in a sort of trouble[/QUOTE]Ah man...........I like this employee, well I'll go ask some of the guys at the store and see what they say, thanks for the info

oh jeez.
fairytale fights might get hoarded considering it's TIV is above 8 iirc

fairytale 360 + fairytale PS3 + >8$ TIV game = T3G1

[quote name='Sillyfire']oh jeez.
fairytale fights might get hoarded considering it's TIV is above 8 iirc

fairytale 360 + fairytale PS3 + >8$ TIV game = T3G1[/QUOTE]

No way, EB is stupid sometimes but they are not that stupid. TIV for the PS3 version was $3 as of the 10th and the 360 version has yet to be updated on TIVs.ca but back in November when the game was $50 new it was getting $15 TIV.

Thanks for the heads up. I picked up Soul Calibur, Motorstorm, and Ghost Recon. Soul Calibur only cost me $5 because of "promo #1355", whatever that is.

Quick question: is EB supposed to charge tax on pre-owned games? The last two times they didn't, but they did today.

Yes, there's tax on pre-owned games. The only way you would've gotten stuff tax-free is if you were using trade in credit.

[quote name='ichit4k4_set0']Persona4? 15$! OMG still have my full price copy...sealed :s[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Icetron']^ Me too...:( Never got time to start it.[/QUOTE]

Haha you two are awesome, I'm in the same boat, my P4 is sitting on my bigass pile of PS2 games, I only own it because my girlfriend grabbed me a copy for Xmas or something (she got me a MGS blutooth headset too).

[quote name='JnJosh']save it for when you trade in a lot of games. every game is applied to. also note the employee. if its one you like, expect them not to like you, as it will most likely get them in a sort of trouble[/QUOTE]

Yeah it's usually a write up, or if they've been written up before, termination. Depends how strict the manager is though.

It's either a 10% boost, or you getting a favour later down the road you might actually need.

[quote name='kathos']It's either a 10% boost, or you getting a favour later down the road you might actually need.[/QUOTE]

Haha, blackmailing EB employees? :lol: That's being an extreme cheap ass gamer!

I also have my copy of Persona 4, still sealed, sitting on my shelf, with all the other PS2 games I'll never play with!

[quote name='kathos']
It's either a 10% boost, or you getting a favour later down the road you might actually need.[/QUOTE]Interesting ;) guess I'll hold onto it for now, its been a while since I've gotten one of these

[quote name='ragnar14']Yes, there's tax on pre-owned games. The only way you would've gotten stuff tax-free is if you were using trade in credit.[/QUOTE]

When you mean stuff you mean everything or only pre-owned games?

Sorry, I never use credit even through I have some.

[quote name='Khalid']When you mean stuff you mean everything or only pre-owned games?

Sorry, I never use credit even through I have some.[/QUOTE]Everything is tax free as long as you pay the total using credit. For example, X game is $49.99/$55.99 after tax and you have $40 worth of trade-in credit that you use towards this game. You would not have to pay tax on the $40, HOWEVER the remaining $9.99 would be taxable, thereby having you pay $11.19. So, total you would have paid $51.19.

Now lets say you had $50 worth of trade in credit and you paid for the game using that. Your purchase would be completely paid for since you are not taxed when using the trade in credit.

Oh and your remaining balance would be $0.01 ;)

Updated
I was in the store today and saw:
Orange Box 360 $9.99 Used
Burnout Paradise 360 $9.99 Used
So much gaming value so cheap.

That is a completely ridiculous price on the Orange Box. I'm sure pretty much everyone that wants that game has it by now, but anyone that doesn't have it should surely pick it up.

I also have a big pile of ps2 rpgs waiting to be played.. and ps3 rpgs.

PS3:
Enchanted Arms = ughh didn't really like this one. will go back to it someday. lol
WKC
Star Ocean.
Folk Lore

PS2:
Persona 3
Persona 4
Nocturne
Digital Devil Saga 1 + 2
Devil Summoner 1
Radiata Stories
Valkyrie Profile 2........there's others..ugh.

I opened Rouge Galaxy and played like 20 hours in. I actually regret not opening it for SO LONG. cuz i'm really enjoying this game right now.. I wish I had all the time in the world to just play my games. I HATE YOU WORK! haha

[quote name='sinath']I also have a big pile of ps2 rpgs waiting to be played.. and ps3 rpgs.

PS3:
Enchanted Arms = ughh didn't really like this one. will go back to it someday. lol
WKC
Star Ocean.
Folk Lore

PS2:
Persona 3
Persona 4
Nocturne
Digital Devil Saga 1 + 2
Devil Summoner 1
Radiata Stories
Valkyrie Profile 2........there's others..ugh.

I opened Rouge Galaxy and played like 20 hours in. I actually regret not opening it for SO LONG. cuz i'm really enjoying this game right now.. I wish I had all the time in the world to just play my games. I HATE YOU WORK! haha[/QUOTE]

Yay for SMT games...but boo on not playing them! Right now I have to go through

DDS 1 & 2
Devil Summoner 2
Breath of Fire: Dragon Quarter
FFX
FFX-2
FFXII

D: I've never played an FF game to completion barring FF1...I just have all of these because the guy that sold me his PS3 also gave me almost all of them D:

I recommend playing Persona 4 if you get a chance. The way the game is structured, you can play little bit sized chunks of still get a decent amount done.

[quote name='thegamecubist']Yay for SMT games...but boo on not playing them! Right now I have to go through

Breath of Fire: Dragon Quarter
[/QUOTE]

Dragon Quarter was an incredible surprise for me, I digged what I saw when the game came out but only came to it years later. Now its sitting with some of my favorites RPGs. Its so fresh.

[quote name='themeanpig']Thanks for the heads up. I picked up Soul Calibur, Motorstorm, and Ghost Recon. Soul Calibur only cost me $5 because of "promo #1355", whatever that is.

Quick question: is EB supposed to charge tax on pre-owned games? The last two times they didn't, but they did today.[/QUOTE]

Any idea what that promo #1355 is, my friend loves soul calibur and 5 bucks is a pretty good price compared to my local BBV or rogers.

N+ (PSP) : $5 USED (this is worth the 5er)
Powerstone Collection : 9.99 USED (I was mistaken originally)

Picked up Burnout Paradise (used) the other day for $10. Thanks to the person who posted that (think it was Zelda). Also picked up Bioshock for $15 (used), but my copy didn't work.

Guess you win some and you lose some. I'll return it when I get FFXIII on the 9th.

This is what I picked up this weekend. Great prices!

Battlefield Bad Company: $9.99
Dead or Alive Xtreme 2: $4.99 (Yeah this is bad but I wanted to try it lol)
Earth Defense Force 2017: $4.99 (I've been looking for this for awhile!)

[quote name='Princess Zelda']I'm not 100% sure but I believe you only have 7 days to return something defective. Unless you bought scratch protection.[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure you have 7 (or 14 maybe?) if the product is new, but you've got 30 days if it is a used product. If you've got the scratch guarantee you've got it for the year though. I'm pretty sure it's 30 days though...

It used to be 7 days, at least at the EB's I go to. Which was horrible when I went to locations out of town.

Now, though, it is 30 days to return the game if the game doesn't work. I've asked them several times.

bread's done
Back